PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 where would you start?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: where would you start?  (Read 8594 times)

tpark2

Re: where would you start?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 06:16:06 PM »

How about playing colin in the attacking midfield position. He is the best player on the ball at the club. Play 5 , 3 , 2 with wing backs and either senior, dale or denham up top. He would still pop up with goals and i do believe that if Denham is fit for a season he will score us quite a few. Just a thought as it would be hard to fill Colins boots up front.

fuertes

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 06:54:49 PM »

How about playing colin in the attacking midfield position. He is the best player on the ball at the club. Play 5 , 3 , 2 with wing backs and either senior, dale or denham up top. He would still pop up with goals and i do believe that if Denham is fit for a season he will score us quite a few. Just a thought as it would be hard to fill Colins boots up front.

I've heard worse suggestions. However, with Col it's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

If you pull him back into mid you get the benefit of his technique and vision. However, he won't be on the end of as many chances and he's by far and away our best finisher.

Leave him up top and whilst you'll back him to stick any chance that comes his way into the onion bag, we sometimes lack the creativity to make chances for him.

Could be worse, we could be without Colin Little at all!

jimbo

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 07:23:43 PM »

totally agree mate furertes.good suggestion

tpark2

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 07:28:40 PM »

I've heard worse suggestions. However, with Col it's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

If you pull him back into mid you get the benefit of his technique and vision. However, he won't be on the end of as many chances and he's by far and away our best finisher.

Leave him up top and whilst you'll back him to stick any chance that comes his way into the onion bag, we sometimes lack the creativity to make chances for him.

Could be worse, we could be without Colin Little at all!

Lets just clone him and have him up top and centre of the park. He could set himself up then.  ;D

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 09:00:11 PM »

After tonights meeting 3 confirmed still contracted for next season Young,Little and Danylyk or the rest free agents.
@AltyDaz

AltyIan

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 11:08:17 PM »

Lets sign Andy Mangan

radcliffe alty

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2009, 11:17:43 AM »

After tonights meeting 3 confirmed still contracted for next season Young,Little and Danylyk

To me, that's excellent news. Danylyk has a had a bit of criticism on here for not being good enough, but I don't think (albeit in the limited games I've seen this season) he's looked out of place at all. He took a big step up to the Conference last season, he's young and he will get better. If he improves his distribution and temperament I little, he'll be a very good midfielder for us - doing the unglamouress, dirty work in the middle.

Now get Densmore on a contract, quick!!

Jenga

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2009, 12:27:59 PM »

In my mind Colin Little can not play midfield. His control and distribution would be good but how often do you see a tackle being put in by him?

It wont work.

Leave him up top if he continues.

fuertes

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2009, 12:45:11 PM »

In my mind Colin Little can not play midfield. His control and distribution would be good but how often do you see a tackle being put in by him?

It wont work.

Leave him up top if he continues.

If he continues? He said he thought he could play 'til he's 40 didn't he?

tpark2

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2009, 01:53:00 PM »

He wouldnt need to tackle put Lawton and Danylyk in there with him hence playing the 5, 3, 2 formation. They would win the ball back for him.  How many attacking midfielders can tackle?

Lew Needham

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 02:49:40 PM »

After tonights meeting 3 confirmed still contracted for next season Young,Little and Danylyk

he'll be a very good midfielder for us - doing the unglamouress, dirty work in the middle.

Well if this Danylyk's role then what is Robbies?

I think if we want to progress (don't get me wrong i'm happy with 15th) this is where the change needs to happen. Replace one of them with a ballplayer(just need to find one now!).

On a seperate point what does everyone think our best back 4 is because it appears that if everyone is fit that McGregor has been dropped?!

I would say

Smith        Mcgregor         Young      Doughty

I like Welch but I still prefer Mcgregor- he reads the game so well. What does everyone think??

Lew Needham

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009, 02:55:08 PM »

He wouldnt need to tackle put Lawton and Danylyk in there with him hence playing the 5, 3, 2 formation. They would win the ball back for him.  How many attacking midfielders can tackle?

I agree this is Littles best position in the hole between (defensive) midfielders and the forward line. Too often he plays right up on the line and he gets muscled of the ball. Give him a pocket of space and he would be awesome!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 02:56:42 PM by Lew Needham »

jimbo

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2009, 03:04:16 PM »

scholes now he can tackle .he he

Jenga

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2009, 05:01:42 PM »

Where do you fit him in within a 3 man midfield? You dont in my opinion as he would probably have to play central and that would leave us weak in the centre of the park, unless you played a very tight 3 man midfield. If you did this the defence would then have to be fluid to switch from 532 to 352 and i dont believe we have those players really for 90 minutes.

However he could play in a 5 2 1 2 formation as the 1. But then this causes problems with width, again unless the defensive wingbacks are very fluid.

I could only really see it as a 4 3 1 2 formation playing just behind the front two.

But as a central midfielder no it just wont work in my opinion.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2009, 05:49:17 PM »

I wouldn't get rid of Lawton or Danylyk. However, I would like a Val Owen type player to play alongside either of them.

I think it's worth also remembering that Danylyk is still very young and, with careful nurturing, has the potential to have a really bright future at Alty. His injury at York in December probably didn't help him much in the latter part of the season.
Come on Alty!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 where would you start?