PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 where would you start?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: where would you start?  (Read 8593 times)

Alex

Re: where would you start?
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2009, 05:54:56 PM »

he's 27 if thats young i should go back to school  :P

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2009, 05:57:00 PM »

he's 27 if thats young i should go back to school  :P

He's still young in my eyes!  :D ... But then so is Colin Little  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2009, 06:18:46 PM »

I actually thought he was a lot younger than that. He certainly looks a lot younger!

Would still keep him though.  :)
Come on Alty!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2009, 06:56:42 PM »

After tonights meeting 3 confirmed still contracted for next season Young,Little and Danylyk

he'll be a very good midfielder for us - doing the unglamouress, dirty work in the middle.

Well if this Danylyk's role then what is Robbies?

I think if we want to progress (don't get me wrong i'm happy with 15th) this is where the change needs to happen. Replace one of them with a ballplayer(just need to find one now!).

Robbie Lawton is the only player we have across the midfield who can mix it physically in the conference. We missed him big time when he was out. He's had a bit of stick in recent seasons but I think everybody would agree that was due to the circumstance of playing out of position on the right wing. He's a decent conference midfielder.

I think we're wishing a bit with all this talk of a midfielder who can put his foot on the ball and still hold his own (Carmo&Craney). I don't think they exist in the conference, not at our level and rate of pay anyway. We're at out best when we can hassle and harry the oppo midfield enough and get the ball to our ball players (Little, Johnson, Densmore, Doughty, Smith) or over the top for Senior or Denham.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 08:12:50 PM »

After tonights meeting 3 confirmed still contracted for next season Young,Little and Danylyk

he'll be a very good midfielder for us - doing the unglamouress, dirty work in the middle.

Well if this Danylyk's role then what is Robbies?

I think if we want to progress (don't get me wrong i'm happy with 15th) this is where the change needs to happen. Replace one of them with a ballplayer(just need to find one now!).

Robbie Lawton is the only player we have across the midfield who can mix it physically in the conference. We missed him big time when he was out. He's had a bit of stick in recent seasons but I think everybody would agree that was due to the circumstance of playing out of position on the right wing. He's a decent conference midfielder.

I think we're wishing a bit with all this talk of a midfielder who can put his foot on the ball and still hold his own (Carmo&Craney). I don't think they exist in the conference, not at our level and rate of pay anyway. We're at out best when we can hassle and harry the oppo midfield enough and get the ball to our ball players (Little, Johnson, Densmore, Doughty, Smith) or over the top for Senior or Denham.

Spot on, Ballers, in both cases. I couldn't agree more.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Butty

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 10:07:23 PM »

What everybody is forgetting is we could have this midfielder that we desperately need back by August, maybe September.

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2009, 10:44:22 PM »

Smith        Mcgregor         Young      Doughty

I like Welch but I still prefer Mcgregor- he reads the game so well. What does everyone think??

It's a difficult one. I agree about McGregor's reading of the game and it's got to be good to have someone around with his experience. On the other hand I think Welch did well towards the end of the season and he has the physical presence against some of the trolls you see playing up front for other teams in this league.
It would be nice to think we could keep them both.

BTW. I was looking at the player profiles on the offocial site... is it right that Welch and Young have identical dates of birth? Or has JL gone wild with the cut'n'paste?

AltyIan

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2009, 11:29:05 PM »

Welch is our 6th best defender in my opinion. I probably wouldn't rate him alongisde Young and Mcgregor, rides his luck alot and doesnt seem to have much acceleration and that is the thing we are missing. Our most talented player is James Smith without a doubt. Signings wise we basically need a proven goalscorer as apart from perhaps Colin, no-one else has scored enough

Alex

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2009, 12:21:36 AM »

James Smith is the most underrated player in our squad FACT

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2009, 12:30:37 AM »

James Smith is the most underrated player in our squad FACT

i dont think we have seen the best of him to be fair , actually gets a bit of stick off one or two on the popular side.

Jenga

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2009, 09:01:16 AM »

In my opinion we need to ship 4 players out this year and bring in 6 new faces.

With an increased squad of 2 more players and 4 positions/subs strengthened we will do well.

I have not mentioned any names as i dont feel that would be productive.

markecky

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2009, 12:47:53 PM »

In my opinion we need to ship 4 players out this year and bring in 6 new faces.

With an increased squad of 2 more players and 4 positions/subs strengthened we will do well.

I have not mentioned any names as i dont feel that would be productive.

Quite right Jenga, names are not needed but I'd love to keep hold of Ben Wilkinson and Warren Peyton

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2009, 12:58:11 PM »

If we can manage it we should get Shaun Densmore to sign another contract.

Even if, as some people would have it, he isn't ready to move up into the League yet he will be within a season or two so we might as well try to get some form of recompense for our input into his development.

Lew Needham

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2009, 01:07:11 PM »

Quite right Jenga, names are not needed but I'd love to keep hold of Ben Wilkinson and Warren Peyton

Ha, well if your being serious I am starting a campaign to ask you to step down as Supporters Team Manager!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2009, 01:17:05 PM »

I'd love to keep hold of Ben Wilkinson and Warren Peyton

Nice touch!   ;D
Come on Alty!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 where would you start?