Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Its too quite!!! someone make a stupid comment or something lol!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Its too quite!!! someone make a stupid comment or something lol!!!  (Read 15231 times)

York Alty

Re: Its too quite!!! someone make a stupid comment or something lol!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 11:56:15 PM »

that was a bad afternoon.  i remember trying to point out the vale fans in the Alty end to one of the police on duty.  he didn't give a toss, turned his back and walked away.

don't know anything about a feck up with the tickets.

markecky

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 11:58:43 PM »

It wasnt a mess up.

The away tickets sold out so some vale fans came a few days before and bought some for the home end.

I was dragged from the back to the front of the Golf road end for clapping our consolation!

York Alty

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 12:26:12 AM »

a set of morons weren't they.

boston "got all they bloody deserved" uniteds fans are apes.  racist, backward, dregs of society.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 12:33:08 AM »

I seem to recall that those Hartlepool fans who travelled to Moss Lane for an FA Cup tie back in November 1973 (and promptly saw their heroes collapse to a 2-0 (Dickinson; Windsor - 30 yard screamer) defeat against Alty) didn't take too kindly to this humiliation and reacted rather badly at the final whistle.

Weren't they responsible for that 'bullet hole' in the glass at the Chequers end side of the Main Stand, which remained there for years afterwards?

The gazelle (or, indeed, anyone else of vintage Alty supporting stature) - can you remember/confirm all this?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 08:39:08 AM »

I was sat in the main stand with my dad for that Hartlepool game. A Hartlepool supporter was being chased around the cinder track by a couple of coppers, the main stand started jeering the pool fan who picked up a large stone from somewhere and hurled it into the glazed panels at the end of the stand, making that small hole which remained for years. Thankfully it was reinforced wired glass or that would have been a really serious incident.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2009, 10:03:21 AM »

I remember that Hartlepool game. They brought down a couple of coachloads of skinheads and they weren’t young kids either. They had been drinking in the Moss before the game but were no problem in the first half stood alongside Alty fans in the Golf Road end, the direction Alty were kicking. In the second half Alty's singing crew were stood at the far end of the popular side (where they stand today) - which was very unusual in those days as we usually stood behind the goal when Alty attacked the Chequers end as there was no segregation. When we went 2-0 up the Hartlepool fans left the Golf Road end and went along Moss Lane re-entering the ground via the Cheques end to attack Alty fans. They did indeed put a brick through the window of Cheques door from behind the goal and headed towards the Alty fans on the popular side. Alty fans being mainly very young kids made a retreat towards the Golf Road End. As we got to the half way line, a gang of Alty lads, made up of well known characters in those days, arrived. It was like the Cavalry in the Wild West movies. I remember a character from the Broomwood saying "Don’t run lads, Alty can have them". The reality was even with the reinforcements from the pubs in town we were still outnumbered. However Alty stood their ground and next thing - Bedlam. Everyone joined in, guys of all ages. I remember a tall old guy dressed in a 1940's gaberdine, and he must have been at least in his late sixties, having a real go. After about 3 waves of attacks from the Hartlepool gang, they made a run for their lives, back though the chequers end chased by Alty lads. They ran up to Sandiileigh Avenue where their coaches were parked and were protected by Pinky and another couple of Cops, who had to radio for reinforcements. I am told the coaches were ambushed as they went past Stamford Park and again near the bus station and left Alty with only one window not broken

markecky

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2009, 10:16:51 AM »

I remember that Hartlepool game. They brought down a couple of coachloads of skinheads and they weren’t young kids either. They had been drinking in the Moss before the game but were no problem in the first half stood alongside Alty fans in the Golf Road end, the direction Alty were kicking. In the second half Alty's singing crew were stood at the far end of the popular side (where they stand today) - which was very unusual in those days as we usually stood behind the goal when Alty attacked the Chequers end as there was no segregation. When we went 2-0 up the Hartlepool fans left the Golf Road end and went along Moss Lane re-entering the ground via the Cheques end to attack Alty fans. They did indeed put a brick through the window of Cheques door from behind the goal and headed towards the Alty fans on the popular side. Alty fans being mainly very young kids made a retreat towards the Golf Road End. As we got to the half way line, a gang of Alty lads, made up of well known characters in those days, arrived. It was like the Cavalry in the Wild West movies. I remember a character from the Broomwood saying "Don’t run lads, Alty can have them". The reality was even with the reinforcements from the pubs in town we were still outnumbered. However Alty stood their ground and next thing - Bedlam. Everyone joined in, guys of all ages. I remember a tall old guy dressed in a 1940's gaberdine, and he must have been at least in his late sixties, having a real go. After about 3 waves of attacks from the Hartlepool gang, they made a run for their lives, back though the chequers end chased by Alty lads. They ran up to Sandiileigh Avenue where their coaches were parked and were protected by Pinky and another couple of Cops, who had to radio for reinforcements. I am told the coaches were ambushed as they went past Stamford Park and again near the bus station and left Alty with only one window not broken

Superb story!..Right I am claiming that as the day we ran Hartlepool out of town..I'm off to find a hooligan forum and get me cap on...

thegazelle

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2009, 03:20:39 PM »

ecky
you can add the days when we used to do Wigan regularly. and the day we took Blackburn by storm just dont mention it was in the seventies and they didnt have many fans.
It makes me laugh thinking of some of those characters from the seventies who are probably grand parents now

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2009, 04:16:26 PM »

ecky
you can add the days when we used to do Wigan regularly. and the day we took Blackburn by storm just dont mention it was in the seventies and they didnt have many fans.
It makes me laugh thinking of some of those characters from the seventies who are probably grand parents now

Like my dad  ;D

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2009, 05:04:09 PM »

ecky

wigan had some loons with them in cup games about 87 and 94

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2009, 09:33:04 PM »

I have had a few funny days out at home and away over the years in my drunken days- i am saving them all for my autobiagrophy part 2

Barrow, Northwich, Maccesfield, Halifax, Staylebridge, Dartford, Bishop Aukland to name  a few they were the days.

I do remeber a very funny one with Googey Stu when he told a Macc fan to take his face for a sh*t then he attacked us when we were trying to get on the coach and he asked me if it was his fault we got attacked ha ha - funny times  :)
ParkINson's red and white army

flaggerN

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2009, 10:50:38 PM »

I remember a midweek game away at Gainsborough when the coach was attacked after the game and a young George H and I plus a few others legged it after them and caught one. We passed him over to the police and then had to give statements at the police station consequently didn't get home till the early hours

Altyroo

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2009, 06:42:59 AM »

I seem to remember a couple of incidents when we were on our travels. I have to mention the moronic Chelsea fans at Colchester who can forget them.
Then there as the time we went to Merthyr in 1990/91 season when we had coins thown at us when we were leaving. Also one time at Hyde the Hyde fans wee throwing stones and one of us cut his head. Alegedly by being hit by a stone but he actually ran into the floodlight pylon.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2009, 10:02:35 AM »

What no mention of the two away leg trophy semi finals at wycombe (81-82) and Boston (84-85).  Both were unpleasant experiences to say the least.

I was on the home end at Wycombe trying not to celebrate as each goal went in!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2009, 12:49:19 PM »

Anyone for Frickley?

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Its too quite!!! someone make a stupid comment or something lol!!!