PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GAME OF THE SEASON
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: GAME OF THE SEASON  (Read 8934 times)

altytinny10

GAME OF THE SEASON
« on: December 26, 2006, 06:00:44 PM »

Well you have made my xmas today  ;D ;D, fantastic result........110 % effort from everyone on the pitch (especially Bushell)........It must have been our best performance of the season and with 10 MEN.

If we could only play like that every game would be a top half finish  ::) ::).

WELL DONE LADS

THANKS FOR A GREAT YEAR

COME ON ALTY  ;)

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: GAME OF THE SEASON
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 06:07:53 PM »

What a fantastic game!!! After the (disgraceful) sending off of Colin, I wondered how we'd score and whether we'd have to hold out for a point..... fecking unbelievable response from the lads. Rod played his best game since Aldershot last season, took people on, got shots in on target and got the first not long after Colin went. In the 2nd, they had a few more chances but didn't really look like scoring. Bushell, again another playing his best game, controlled the midfield, whilst Joe (who I have criticised in the past) played some lovely stuff, but wasted several opportunities in front of goal (not to mention getting kicked in the face... ouch!).

Really proud of every single player. Great response from the last home game.

Great attendance - 2200 I think? Any one know what the breakdown was?

Brilliant game, brilliant fans. I love you Alty!!! ;D ;D

Altysmiffy

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 06:43:28 PM »

I had to wait til Boxing Day for the best present of the lot!!!

vicsfan

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 06:46:57 PM »

well done alty,by far the better team your third goal best of the 3,good vocal support from your boys as well,we were sh*te but dont take anything away from alty wanted it more and more desire.think if you play aswell for rest of season mid table,as for vics think we are in deep sh*t.so respect to alty and have a happy new year

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 08:23:22 PM »

+5 goodwins for you my friend

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 09:42:46 PM »

Interesting to read on Vics forum that they say we are relegation candidates and not that good, despite admitting that we 'wanted it more'

I would have thought that playing for 70mins with 10 men and winning 3-0 is not that bad and a funny judgement to make ?

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 10:41:34 PM »

What a truly wonderful day for Altrincham Football Club.

An inspired team performance, with two men who've come in for a lot of criticism lately (Bushell and O'Neill) giving excellent displays. I'd also like to give Graham and Dalton a huge amount of credit because when I looked at the team line-up, I was hoping that we'd have Chalmers on the left, Thornley on the right and Lawton in the middle. But they got it right - the running of Rod and Robbie on the flanks was a big factor for us today.
And what a tremendous third goal - great passing, patience from Pat, support and coolness with the finish from Robbie. Celebrations pretty good too.

The size of the gate was a huge bonus - genuinely heartening to see so many at Moss Lane for a proper Boxing Day match.

And to cap it all, my Dad won a hamper in the raffle!

These are the days that make it all so worthwhile.

Dianne

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 10:56:37 PM »

Don't we just luv 'em  ;D

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 10:58:47 PM »

What a fantastic game!!! After the (disgraceful) sending off of Colin, I wondered how we'd score and whether we'd have to hold out for a point.....

If you put both your hands round an opponents throat I don't think you can have too many complaints.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 11:08:53 PM »

well done alty,by far the better team your third goal best of the 3,good vocal support from your boys as well,we were sh*te but dont take anything away from alty wanted it more and more desire.think if you play aswell for rest of season mid table,as for vics think we are in deep sh*t.so respect to alty and have a happy new year

Respect to you to, it really takes something to come on here and say that.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2006, 11:48:59 PM »

I will post a honest view of the game for tomorrow.For now.......................................

This is what you get for going to places like Vauxhall/Frickley/Blyth on a wet Tuesday night expecting you were going to lose.

This is reward for those 450 people who went to Moss Lane on a Tuesday night for a Unibond game.

This is reward for GH and other people who were there that cold night in Burscough in 2002,when playing Northwich again seemed a lifetime away.

3-0,3-0,3-0,3-0,3-0 ;D ;D ;D
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2006, 11:57:22 PM »

Nice to see away supporters putting on genuine words! I personally hope both teams stay up and we have more Derby games!!

As for Colin, I agree it is a bad idea to raise your hands, however I was oppposite the incident and i do not think they were round his throat. The decision was extremely harsh, I hope we appeal and send any suitable video footage we have!! Three games out is a blow!!

Rod was great today, as were all the team, good to see the Pride Passion and belief return.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 12:50:12 AM »

He raised them to his throat, whether he put them round the throat is almost immaterial.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2006, 10:18:35 AM »

I saw it as handbags from both players. Colin pushed the other guy, but one hand accidentally caught, without any force, the other guys throat/top of his chest. Both pushes from both players were feeble to say the least.  It was 20 odd minutes into the match, the first bit of aggresssion from either sets of players, I just thought it was extremely harsh. They should have both got a booking. I know what the laws of the game say, but anyone could see it was all or nothing :)

Chubby NVFC

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 12:07:57 PM »

Deep breath - you guys were brilliant yesterday and I and some of the others around me applauded your third goal, what a peach. We were completely inept in all departments save Right Back. A goalie who couldn't kick past the half way line, 3 defenders who couldn't tackle or couldn't be arsed, 4 midfielders who were bypassed in the vain hope of finding a striker who can't shoot straight anyway. It was like watching a sketch from Benny Hill, never mind Jimmy Hill.
 Well done again, but I really fear for our future, the Walrus won't be a happy bunny and if he doesn't shell out in the transfer window (which I don't think he will) we are going back down.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GAME OF THE SEASON