PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GAME OF THE SEASON
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: GAME OF THE SEASON  (Read 8936 times)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: GAME OF THE SEASON
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2006, 01:39:01 PM »

I saw it as handbags from both players. Colin pushed the other guy, but one hand accidentally caught, without any force, the other guys throat/top of his chest. Both pushes from both players were feeble to say the least.

I think you may be being a tad generous with that account, and I will be very surprised if he wins the appeal.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 01:45:54 PM »

as i said is not worth appealing though (play the system) so as he will be able to help us with a very important game on Saturday .... then again ... 3-0 without him I suppose !

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 02:01:58 PM »

In an ironic way, Colin getting sent off probably helped us in a way.  We were up for it from the kick off and going to ten men galvanised us even more.

Hammering the Vics at home in front of over 2,000? Get in!

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 06:56:42 PM »

Thank You SANTA, Could,nt make yesterday, What a Great Result,
Roll On at SATURDAY  well played ROBINS

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2006, 07:20:16 PM »

Well I did ask Santa for any win v Northwich and a Humiliating win against FGR .... 50% there Oh bearded one.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2006, 07:37:00 PM »

Really wish I could've been there yesterday, watching on BBC text is somehow not the same. The my space vid of the penalty helps though, cheers Withy Alty. Must, just have to do FGR though? To many of us now its as vital.

Had a bit of a crappy Xmas here , family stuff, so thanks Alty for shining some light on it yesterday ta.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

AltySi

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2006, 07:52:39 PM »

It doesn't get any better than yesterday, it makes all those cold Tuesdays away in the Unibond welll worth it (Certain people may not comment about Blyth and Gainsborough !!  :-[ :-[ :-[

Excellent performance, excellent atmosphere, excellent attendance, just excellent !!  ;D ;D ;D

"Can we play you every week" was what we sang, but I don't think I could take that excitement every week !!!.

I'm not ashamed to say that there was a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye at full time. Thanks to Graham and the players for a superb afternoon at Moss Lane !!.

Now lets build on it by beating FGR on Saturday, our confidence must be sky high, and lets hope a few of the new or returning fans from yesterday come back again.

COME ON ALTY !!!!!

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2006, 01:00:37 PM »

Really picked the right game to be back for.  Alty were great on Boxing Day.  Everyone was immense, lets push on now v FGR

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2006, 07:44:34 PM »

In an ironic way, Colin getting sent off probably helped us in a way.  We were up for it from the kick off and going to ten men galvanised us even more.

Hammering the Vics at home in front of over 2,000? Get in!

Colin being sent off did have a perverse affect upon the game. The one thing that Northwich had that we didn't was pace, however the only way they could really exploit this advantage was by playing on the break (which they did for the first twenty odd minutes).

After we had been reduced to ten men naturally the defence sat deeper and so did the midfield, this meant that Northwich had to come on to us and it was us who were trying to counter attack. This evidently frustrated Northwich as away from home they like to play on the break, going a man down meant that we didn't give them the opportunity to do this.

This may explain their poor home form; at home they are expected to take the game to the opposition whereas they would much prefer to use their pace and hit teams on the break.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GAME OF THE SEASON