News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Waterfall

Author Topic: Waterfall  (Read 3224 times)

Dougals Dad

Waterfall
« on: July 06, 2009, 07:04:53 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/o/oxford_utd/8136949.stm

on trial with Oxford... Is he good enough at this level - we never saw much of him?

fuertes

Re: Waterfall
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 07:09:51 PM »

I doubt it - if he'd been good enough he'd have been starting every game.

I've also heard Wilkinson is off to Chester. Nothing against the lad, but I'm not sure he should be in Non-League's top flight either...

markecky

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 08:44:57 PM »

I've also heard Wilkinson is off to Chester. Nothing against the lad, but I'm not sure he should be in Non-League's top flight either...

Wilkinson was utter toss.

York Alty

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 10:30:51 PM »

agreed.  there was nothing there at all was there.  nothing to spark a team, nothing to make him stand out.  nah.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 12:12:54 AM »

He was but I also think that he had a couple of games where he managed to run around and get in the way wiothout being sub standard. I think I may have seen Waterfall play for about 20 minutes against Farsley.

Nothing against either of them but I find it strange that two teams who have ambitions of play offs are signing Alty squad players.

On a side note I'd probably have a flutter on Gregg Blundell to be top scorer in the BSP.

fuertes

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 12:17:48 AM »

He was but I also think that he had a couple of games where he managed to run around and get in the way wiothout being sub standard. I think I may have seen Waterfall play for about 20 minutes against Farsley.

Nothing against either of them but I find it strange that two teams who have ambitions of play offs are signing Alty squad players.

On a side note I'd probably have a flutter on Gregg Blundell to be top scorer in the BSP.

After having had a 'settling-in' year and being certain to start just about every game, I'm going for Dale Johnson to be top scorer. That's got to be a decent payout?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 12:28:47 AM »

After having had a 'settling-in' year and being certain to start just about every game, I'm going for Dale Johnson to be top scorer. That's got to be a decent payout?

I think you'd be better off buying a drink at the bar, and I'll have a pint of whatever you've been on.

Regardless of settling in Dale would need to make a 500% improvemnt on his goal output to be in with a shout, that's a bit much.

For me, if he got 10 league goals and 15 in all competitons that would be superb.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 08:37:44 AM »

Unfortunately (i.e. I would LOVE to be wrong about this) if you put a tenner on him you should be able to get a couple of weeks in Greece for the family (with spends) next year if he wins it.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

jimbo

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 12:40:12 PM »

he may start every game but lets hope he finishes them?

fuertes

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 01:13:25 PM »

he may start every game but lets hope he finishes them?

Well Col isn't going to last 90 minutes too often anymore so Dale had better be ready for a full game.

jimbo

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 04:56:49 PM »

heis only 35 years young
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Waterfall