PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barrow match thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Barrow match thread  (Read 33950 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Barrow match thread
« Reply #165 on: August 12, 2009, 05:42:53 AM »

Forgot we were playing,just come in to work and my mate had left me a note saying we were lucky.GREAT GREAT result.
Harold

suzie123

« Reply #166 on: August 12, 2009, 09:16:49 PM »

I thought the whole point of having strikers was to score goals, excuse me if  im wrong ! The team shouldnt have to rely on the midfield to score goals and neither should the fans as for Kierney and Crowell scoring a goal apiece its a bit harsh to say they scored more in one match than Lawton or Danylyk did all season when in fact Danylyk has played more of  a defending midfield position most of last season, so forgive me if im wrong but i think you are being rather harsh on them as im sure others will agree Danylyk and lawton have been been a good influence last season as im sure they will this when lawton is fit.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 12, 2009, 09:27:33 PM »

I thought the whole point of having strikers was to score goals, excuse me if  im wrong ! The team shouldnt have to rely on the midfield to score goals and neither should the fans as for Kierney and Crowell scoring a goal apiece its a bit harsh to say they scored more in one match than Lawton or Danylyk did all season when in fact Danylyk has played more of  a defending midfield position most of last season, so forgive me if im wrong but i think you are being rather harsh on them as im sure others will agree Danylyk and lawton have been been a good influence last season as im sure they will this when lawton is fit.

I felt short of breath after reading that!

Are you related to Gunners11?   :D
Come on Alty!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2009, 09:28:04 PM »

WTF!

Have we a WAG? :D
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2009, 09:36:08 PM »

Absobloodylutely Altytastic.

Oh how you wish you were there.

Absobloodylutely Altytastic. mate! - Now for some Bachmann Turner Overdrive

Let's Rock(y Robin)

Not alf pop pickers!
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Altrinchman

« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2009, 09:47:08 PM »

If the club is to improve then players have to be replaced. New and better players have come in.  It happens.

Jacko

« Reply #171 on: August 12, 2009, 10:08:52 PM »

lawton is the perfect replacement for any of the 3 central midfield we currently have,

Heffernen is the ginger zidane and is the future ;D

bighairedmike

« Reply #172 on: August 12, 2009, 11:47:52 PM »

First people say the midfield dont contribute enough then they say its the strikers job to score. They cant win.

For what its worth, i was thinking about it last night after i heard the result. Chris senior has scored 2 in 2 and 2 midfielders have scored in 2 games. If Senior is becoming more prolific and the midfield are contributing a decent number of goals then surely we're onto a winner.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barrow match thread