PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A few gems for the dressing room wall on saturday
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A few gems for the dressing room wall on saturday  (Read 13943 times)

Altyant

Re: A few gems for the dressing room wall on saturday
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 08:52:39 PM »

What the hell is that??

Has to be the worst, most overly-fancy and confusing fans site on the web.

Rubbish.

Glad that it wasnt just me who struggled with that site  ???

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 10:56:26 PM »

Whilst it's true that we could have had tougher starts, we have won away at Barrow and beaten Histon at home. I guarantee there will be a few sides who don't manage that and would be absolutely delighted if they did. I notice Stevenage for example didn't win at Holker Street.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2009, 12:23:14 AM »

Whilst it's true that we could have had tougher starts, we have won away at Barrow and beaten Histon at home. I guarantee there will be a few sides who don't manage that and would be absolutely delighted if they did. I notice Stevenage for example didn't win at Holker Street.

Nor did Stevenage win at Hayes & Yeading.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009, 07:51:23 AM »

Nor did Stevenage win at Hayes & Yeading.
And until they replace Steve Morison, they won't win many !

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2009, 01:12:01 PM »

I was disappointed at that post to be honest referring to us as a "crap" club. I have a lot of sympathy for AFCW, the way they lost their club and admiration at how they started again. I am also looking forward to seeing them on Saturday. We may not be the best club in the league, but we have fought against the odds to stay in the league and deserve a little more respect I think.

And I agree with the other posts - their fans forum is pretty poor. Quite crap in fact  ;D

Narcissist

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2009, 03:46:40 PM »

I guess it was a bit of an oversight to say crap when he probably meant 'lesser' teams in the league, which I think is obvious in terms of other clubs like Oxford/Luton/Camebridge/Mansfield.

We are happy in this league and they are not, that clearly makes them big clubs, and of course they have every right to be top of the league but no right to be below 4th.

We need to accept the clubs that take this attitude, AFCW included, because every season we take points of them when they play naively like a bunch of prima donna's who can just turn up and win. So its to our benefit, and long may it last.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2009, 05:54:32 PM »

I've been reading this with some interest and have to say I really don't know what people are getting so excited about.

Yeah, they've posted something moderately disrespectful on THEIR forum or rather one of their number has.

I'm sure that if we look on this wonderful forum we will see that a few of our members have been somewhat less than glowing about, for example, Northwich, Forest Green, Lewes, Hayes & Yeading, Crawley etc.

I say just let them perpetuate their somewhat misinformed opinions - we know what we are and what we can do and that should be enough

joe

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2009, 06:39:40 PM »

I've been reading this with some interest and have to say I really don't know what people are getting so excited about.

Yeah, they've posted something moderately disrespectful on THEIR forum or rather one of their number has.

I'm sure that if we look on this wonderful forum we will see that a few of our members have been somewhat less than glowing about, for example, Northwich, Forest Green, Lewes, Hayes & Yeading, Crawley etc.

I say just let them perpetuate their somewhat misinformed opinions - we know what we are and what we can do and that should be enough

Good shout!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A few gems for the dressing room wall on saturday