PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights match thread
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: Tonights match thread  (Read 112087 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tonights match thread
« Reply #255 on: September 08, 2009, 09:59:41 PM »

It's also worth pointing out that we actually had more shots on target than they did tonight!
Come on Alty!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 08, 2009, 10:21:33 PM »

From the BBC

Cambridge United 0-0 Altrincham 

Holroyd has scored nine goals this season
In-form Chris Holroyd endured a frustrating night as the goals dried up for Cambridge in a goalless draw at home to Altrincham.

Holroyd, who scored twice in the 7-0 win over Forest Green, had just one chance but was missed from 18 yards.

Alty created the better opportunities as Cambridge failed to test goalkeeper Stuart Coburn once.

Danny Potter made two saves within a minute to thwart Anthony Danylyk while Tejal-Ross Thaker missed from 12 yards.

@AltyDaz

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 08, 2009, 10:39:40 PM »

what did Clee do to upset Cambridge fans ?

Jezza

« Reply #258 on: September 08, 2009, 10:59:39 PM »

Never ceases to amaze me how we continue to go to these clubs who are far bigger with fitter full time squads than us and get a result.

A brilliant effort from our depleted troops...well done to all the player and Graham and ken!

joe

« Reply #259 on: September 09, 2009, 08:03:50 AM »

what did Clee do to upset Cambridge fans ?

He dared to get kicked by a Cambridge player resulting in a yellow card for the Cambridge player and lengthy treatment for Clee hence the five minutes injury time.

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 09, 2009, 09:44:11 AM »

Ah, I see. A Cambridge fan said he faked it, hence the booing.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 09, 2009, 10:12:42 AM »

An excellent performance and result last night. What was particularly impressive was that Stuart didn't have a serious save to make all night, so in that respect it was a more controlled performance than the nil nil in April. Young was outstanding in defence and I thought Williams actually got better as the game went on.

But while all the defenders clearly deserve great credit, I also think having a player like Tom Kearney in the midfield is going to make a big difference in games like this. When the ball was cleared from our penalty area, Kearney would often be there to pick it up, take a good touch, turn away from an opponent and pass to a fullback/wide midfielder. Doesn't seem like much but it crucially means that we retain possession and that was something we did last night so much better than in recent years. I think Clee has now found his feet and fitness and looks like an excellent signing and I thought Danylyk was also back to the sort of form he showed this time last year. In fact, I like the look of Denham, Kearney, Danylyk and Clee as a midfield - there's a nice balance there.

Shame that Thanker couldn't take that glorious chance at the end ("Dink it! Dink it!") but that doesn't detract from a superb effort from the team and a tactical triumph from GH and KM. Reminded me of Luton away in the Cup in that respect.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 11:10:18 AM by Leon »

radcliffe alty

« Reply #262 on: September 09, 2009, 10:50:54 AM »

The thing I love about being an alty fan is we're all over the moon today about a 0-0 draw and dropping 3 or 4 places in the league!  :D The result has clearly improved everyone's mood today!

Alty fans - the most realistic in the entire world.  :)

taxi Phil

« Reply #263 on: September 09, 2009, 11:17:01 AM »

The thing I love about being an alty fan is we're all over the moon today about a 0-0 draw and dropping 3 or 4 places in the league!  :D The result has clearly improved everyone's mood today!

Alty fans - the most realistic in the entire world.  :)

If Carlsberg made football fans.............
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights match thread