PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kettering Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Kettering Match Thread  (Read 22241 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Kettering Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2009, 07:48:21 PM »

Just back home after the game. Very frustrated, as I thought we were worth a draw at least.  Lee Fowler for them bossed the midfield IMO ...Their wasnt much it in until 3/4 into the second half and I thought we looked tired but we did have a few half chances.  Dale went off injured so did young Scott Moffat.

Chris Denham played well again and Nicky Clee had a full game = I think he is now improving.

Their ground is a sh*thole. we had to walk under the stand in what was like as if a fkn bomb had just gone off  .

We had to sit in the corner of the stand consequently we were viewing the game from a wierd angle which wasnt great.

Their fans didnt make much noise until they scored near the end...

Thought the banter from our lot was very good / funny

WHEN we get our players back from injury I am convinced we can hold our own in this league.. Keep the faith folks

Cant make Cambridge tues night but will be their to hopefully beat Creepy Crawley next Sat.

Cmon Alty

KTFC

« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2009, 09:31:58 PM »

Where as your lot made tones of noise  ::), your flag blowing in the wind made more noise than your fans.

We deserved the win because we were the only side with any interest in winning the game.

Our ground is a sh*t hole and i am glad you never enjoyed your stay, if it was down to me I'd have sat you all on the bowling alley roof and charged you twenty quid for doing so.

You put in a typical Alty performance, you tried to slow the game down, make foul after foul and at the end in good old Alty fashion should your petulant side by trying to kick off at full-time, and why ?. Because you lost.

Thanks for the 3 points  :D

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2009, 09:38:31 PM »

You bothered to register on here to say that. Girlfriend busy tonight then mate?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2009, 09:46:22 PM »

You bothered to register on here to say that. Girlfriend busy tonight then mate?

Yeah she is round my place.. She gives me a biscuit everytime I give her one.

Thats why I am a fat bastard..

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2009, 09:51:11 PM »

;D

Narcissist

« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2009, 09:53:18 PM »

Where as your lot made tones of noise  ::)

Any particular tones?

Clever boy

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2009, 10:03:10 PM »

He'll be in bed now, gone 10.

markecky

« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2009, 10:07:14 PM »

Where as your lot made tones of noise  ::), your flag blowing in the wind made more noise than your fans.

We deserved the win because we were the only side with any interest in winning the game.

Our ground is a sh*t hole and i am glad you never enjoyed your stay, if it was down to me I'd have sat you all on the bowling alley roof and charged you twenty quid for doing so.

You put in a typical Alty performance, you tried to slow the game down, make foul after foul and at the end in good old Alty fashion should your petulant side by trying to kick off at full-time, and why ?. Because you lost.

Thanks for the 3 points  :D

Typical Kettering Fan...horrible place with horrible people.

Apologies for not going all out attack and being 5 down at half time.

Its just that we only have about 13 players you see.

Still at least you couldn't  spend the game abusing us this year in your jogging bottoms.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 10:08:59 PM by markecky »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2009, 10:11:10 PM »

I do hope someone got him to join the Saturday Yankee or become a Patron whilst he was on here....
After all, every little helps.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2009, 11:50:04 PM »

[quote author=distancetraveller link=topic=8626.msg89355#msg89355 date=1252183582]

[/quote]

Is Jill aware of these extra curricular activities Ray???? :o

AltyIan

« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2009, 12:10:16 AM »

Where as your lot made tones of noise  ::), your flag blowing in the wind made more noise than your fans.

Thanks for the 3 points  :D

well done you beat a part time club who struggled to have 11 fit players available. have fun when your manager goes on to bigger and BETTER things... judging by your vulnerability going forward, unable to break down an alty defence for 80 mins you will be playing us for years my friend.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2009, 12:14:46 AM »

[quote author=distancetraveller link=topic=8626.msg89355#msg89355 date=1252183582]

Is Jill aware of these extra curricular activities Ray???? :o
[/quote]

lol No but we both just laughed at your post matey.. ;D

taxi Phil

« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2009, 05:22:51 AM »

Why will Kettering be playing us for years ? Are we thinking of dropping into BSN in sympathy with them when they inevitably join the Weymouth/Salisbury/Northwich Society ?

Hulme Robin

« Reply #103 on: September 06, 2009, 09:45:36 AM »

Our ground is a sh*t hole
wrong
its much worse than that

bit your dated easy chant

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 06, 2009, 12:06:48 PM »

The game was as grey as the weather yesterday.

Kettering (as to be expected) had more of the ball than us but we generally looked pretty comfortable. The crippling injury list this early in the season is a real kick in the teeth. We had plenty of the ball in good counter attacking areas in the 2nd half but with no Little/Senior/Johnson to take advantage of it rarely looked like making it count. Heffernan and Clee tryed their best but Kettering's two giant centre halves were in command. The main difference in the end was the subs, Kettering could bring on Gareth Seddon and Moses Ashikodi, we had to pick injured players on the bench knowing full well they couldn't even warm up. Incidentally Kettering's centre back and captain (Roper) and their keeper (Harper) are two of the fattest players I've seen at this level, think Matt Redmile of Tamworth or Jim Bentley at Morecambe fat, how they are full time and still with that physique is a mystery.

Denham again outstanding up front, I'm glad he and GH sorted out their differences, he has been mustard everytime I've seen him this season. He would the Kettering crowd up no end as per too.

The view from the stand ( beneath the stand it was like an old WW2 bomb site, very bizarre, just debris and general rubbish piled up) pretty good but buying tickets before the game, closing off sections of the ground and announcing it online a few days before, all pretty poor form. Kettering would like to think they're some bigtime club heading for the league, well they never have been and never will be. If it takes them 82 minutes to break down an Alty side missing four regulars and they're getting 1100 home fans through the gate they have a long way to go. At least one of the worst away trips of the season is out of the way early on.

Oh and a special mention for Kettering's main stand doing the old Soccer AM 'easy, easy' thing when they first goal went in, in the 82nd minute of the game. It sums them up very well. Cluless.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kettering Match Thread