PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cambridge United info for Tuesday
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cambridge United info for Tuesday  (Read 8077 times)

ChrisVessey CUFC

Re: Cambridge United info for Tuesday
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 10:58:10 PM »

Nasha, no blame could be apportioned to Pass for any of the 6 he conceded. One was a penalty after coming on and from then the nine players in front of him just gave up, plain and simple. Petr Cech would have had a job keeping the other goals out what with the effort FGR lacked after the red card. He was in tears at the whistle and the only player to comfort him was our 'keeper Danny Potter! I've never seen a team crumble so easily and just pack it in.They were a disgrace. It was an insult to their supporters and livelihood. We basically walked the ball into the net. That's why i'm in no way getting carried away with the result.

You also have to factor that your assistant manager was our chief scout for a year so he will know our squad inside out, strengths and weaknesses to boot. It will be an interesting game. I can see us probing for most of the 90 minutes trying to break you down whilst you try to catch us on the break.

joe

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 08:21:00 AM »

Nasha, no blame could be apportioned to Pass for any of the 6 he conceded. One was a penalty after coming on and from then the nine players in front of him just gave up, plain and simple. Petr Cech would have had a job keeping the other goals out what with the effort FGR lacked after the red card. He was in tears at the whistle and the only player to comfort him was our 'keeper Danny Potter! I've never seen a team crumble so easily and just pack it in.They were a disgrace. It was an insult to their supporters and livelihood. We basically walked the ball into the net. That's why i'm in no way getting carried away with the result.

You also have to factor that your assistant manager was our chief scout for a year so he will know our squad inside out, strengths and weaknesses to boot. It will be an interesting game. I can see us probing for most of the 90 minutes trying to break you down whilst you try to catch us on the break.

I'm sure Ken was at Cambridge for considerably less than a year Chris!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 09:00:20 AM »

The only way we'll get anything will be if we can keep it at 0-0 but I wouldn't put that beyond us.

Come on you Super, prove me wrong (again) !
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 09:44:19 PM »

The only way we'll get anything will be if we can keep it at 0-0 but I wouldn't put that beyond us.

Come on you Super, prove me wrong (again) !

Just call me Psychic Saughall  :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 05:16:11 PM »

Chris,

Were you anywhere the Nicky Clee incident? Chap on Confguide swears blind that he was not even touched by the Cambridge guy?

I just cannot believe it, or at least he injured himself with a a twist.

Why on earth would he take himself off for 3 mins then limp around for 10 then eventually get subbed?

The chap also said he wasn't limping, I saw him limp so the creedance of this chap is not to high in my water.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cambridge United info for Tuesday