PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bandy and the game as a whole
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bandy and the game as a whole  (Read 6094 times)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 30, 2006, 06:29:13 PM »

any news on his nose, has to be ne of the nost cynical things i have seen for a while @ ML kinda says alot about the club we were playing. on another note, rod was off colour today i thought, one bonus was pat coming in and being very lively, and even thomo although very bumbling at times looked on for it today. i would give pat a start on mon give rod a rest after all be did run his arse off on tues.

4 ponts so far this christmas period, happy??? i am, despite a poor display today we were in awfull conditions which don't help our playing style. worlds fastet midget did seem to cause us some trouble at the back.

and finally the fooking bastards couldnt even score @ the right time! i had 59 mins and the bastards scored on 59.30! the complete and utter peake loving bastards!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bandy and the game as a whole
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 06:59:12 PM »

There is actually nothing wrong with his nose, it was apparently just an accidental collision with no violent or sinister intent and has been accepted as such by the Club,

Bandy had a sore shoulder, not dislocated and seemingly may be available for Halifax if required

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 07:01:10 PM »

its al good then, i still hate the fookin bastards!! :D

man in the stand

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 07:26:00 PM »

We were good at first then it all seem to fall apart for a long while until the subs....perhaps a heavy/slippy pitch.

Draw seems fair result and glad to hear Bandy is ok

Lets hope we have the stamina for Halifax...

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 08:07:13 PM »

We were poor and let them pass it around too much. I thought Peyton had a particularly poor game and didn't contain the little FGR player on his side at all. Still would have preferred Rod out wide, both him and Joe gave it away far too much. There wasn't much composure with everyone trying to get rid of the ball too quickly, leading to mis-laid passes. Aspinall's passing/crossing is becoming too predictable. After each FGR goal we seemed to up the ante and find more energy, but it's a shame we seemed to be chasing the game for virtually the whole 90 minutes.

I thought FGR looked quite good in places and props to those few fans that turned up. Even though I would have been pissed off/angry/distraught etc, if we'd been beaten, it would have taught those lazy, part-time fans of theirs a lesson ;)

As someone else said, 4 out of 6 points isn't bad at all. We showed a bit of fight towards the end and didn't lose and that's the main thing :) Halifax next... :)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 08:31:34 PM »

'After the LordMayor's Show' sums it up. After the fist half we were fortunate to be level, started 2nd half quite well. They scored (it was a deflection), thats when we stated to play. When we got the equaliser I really did think we would win and well done GH for the posative subs, but yet again we conceded a soft goal from a corner. The draw was a fair reflection on the 2nd half.

However kicking off with their fans in the club after the match was poor. No problem with telling their players and officals to fekk off and not darken our  door, but the not so many (and fair play) fans had travelled, been in the bar befor the match and in the bar at half time to harried out of the NWS was beneath us
Full time and proud of it

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 08:34:40 PM »

Trouble in the bar?? What exactly happened ??? I've never really had a problem with the FGR fans, only that prick Peake. I hope we didn't show ourselves up - if we did, we should be ashamed :(

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 09:26:00 PM »

do elaborate, decided upon going to tesco to get some provisions instead of staying for a drink so missed out on the event would like to know more about it out of pure noseyness!!! lol

Hulme Robin

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 10:00:47 PM »

it didn't look like anything just a bit of shouting.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 10:56:42 PM »

Glad to hear Peter appears ok!

We looked tired today, could be a long afternoon on Monday.

They adapted to the conditions better than us, there No 17 was excellent today.

I also would have started Pat today, he did well again.

Peter needs match practice, if his shot was a yard either side of the goalie it would have broken the net!!

Val was an inspiration when he came on, he got well stuck in and a great finish.

I think GH as I said before will have to rotate some of the players. The next home game is also very important.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 11:03:42 AM »

as said in previous post
Simple fact is that a FGR fan came in the bar and decided to say how they battered us on the pitch and shout this fact into an Alty fans face ! , not the most sensible thing to do when you are one of the most hated clubs to come to Moss Lane

He did well though to cause trouble when only 12 away fans turned up. PATHETIC. Worst away following for many a season at Moss Lane.

We gave them a 2-0 head start with our reserves at their ground - DREW
We let them have the lead twice and put in the worst performance of the season - DREW
OH YES AND THIS IS A FULL TIME CLUB !

PS: I'd be upset if we took that little amount of fans to a preseason friendly in Iraq.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 11:21:00 AM by gazwarrington »

mainstander

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 12:02:06 PM »

I heard that Graham Heathcote apologised to Forest Green Rovers about the sending off but not Peter Band.

The only thing I found odd was that if it wasn't cynical why did the player not go to see how Peter was when he was lying on the floor? From where I was sat our player got stretchered off and not one of the Forest Green Rovers players enquired to how he was.

I only hope that someone from Forest Green enquired about his health after the game but I very much doubt it.

jill06

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 12:04:23 PM »

i heard in the bar after the game that Bandy went into the FG dressing room and apologised to there player who was sent off.  ???

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006, 02:06:53 PM »

Part of me feared an anti-climax after Boxing Day and sure enough it happened.  We were woeful at times yesterday, sloppy, tired looking, disorganised.  The point turned out to be very good in the circumstances.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2006, 02:12:09 PM »

On the plus side, unless the Conference starts throwing teams out willy nilly again, there is every chance that this season, at last, Forest Green may be relegated!

Problem gone!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team