PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 You're Not Welcome...
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: You're Not Welcome...  (Read 10551 times)

JohnnyInTheBridge

You're Not Welcome...
« on: December 30, 2006, 11:15:35 PM »

So... no mention of the post match shenanigans in the bar....

Have to be honest.... it was a tad unsavoury.... but.....

FEK EM........

Four outta the door.... two more sneaked out the back with their ears ringing....

Can't imagine for a minute that anybody from FGR will bother turning up if Alty play em next year....what a loss.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 11:22:59 PM by JohnnyInTheBridge »

Alex

Re: You're Not Welcome...
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 11:55:04 PM »

it was mostly handbags but i doubt they'll be coming back. but to be honest they might aswell have brought none today

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 11:00:19 AM »

Simple fact is that a FGR fan came in the bar and decided to say how they battered us on the pitch and shout this fact into an Alty fans face ! , not the most sensible thing to do when you are one of the most hated clubs to come to Moss Lane

He did well though to cause trouble when only 12 away fans turned up. PATHETIC. Worst away following for many a season at Moss Lane.

We gave them a 2-0 head start with our reserves at their ground - DREW
We let them have the lead twice and put in the worst performance of the season - DREW
OH YES AND THIS IS A FULL TIME CLUB !

PS: I'd be upset if we took that little amount of fans to a preseason friendly in Iraq.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 11:20:35 AM by gazwarrington »

jill06

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 11:31:16 AM »

The game on a whole was quite poor, but you cant help but feel the team was knackered from boxing day, lets just hope they all rest today for tomorow.
I totally understand tension can build and people quite often get lost in the moment, but i was in the FAMILY stand yesterday watching with 2 younger members of my family, i thought it was disgusting and embarassing that two altyt fans walked to the foot of the steps in the family stand and proceeded to shout things like "f**king scumbags" repeatedly to the FG players and staff. What a joke, im all for passion and pride, but with obscenities like the one i have mentioned being shouted in front of children it is a disgrace.
I like everyone else yesterday was fired up and felt anger towards the FG staff and players, it was for that reason that I chose to take my younger cousins into the family stand, so they didn't have to hear comments like they did. Whoever it was should remember a FAMILY STAND quite often means children will be present!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 11:44:59 AM by gazwarrington »

mainstander

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 11:56:54 AM »

I heard shouting from the Main Stand after the game but nothing from the Family Stand. It would have to have been a loud shout from there.

Tensions were always going to be high in this game and truth be told it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. This may have been due to the Boxing Day massacre of Northwich Victoria making us all happy  ;D.

Its a football ground and it was staging a game between a club that we all love and one that was trying to ruin us last season. Their Directors and bench had acted out of order after the second goal and wouldn't have blamed the directors of Altrincham FC for going over and letting them know what they thought of them.

Although needless swearing is well needless it doesn't stop the fact that it was bound to happen with what has gone on with the two clubs. May I suggest you inform one of the stewards if someone is offending you in the Family Stand in future although I am surprised that non went over if it was in a family area.

jill06

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 12:02:59 PM »

the two fans walked from the area behind the goal to the bottom of the steps in the family stand to shout these comments. i agree that the game was full of passion and pride cz i too was fired up as i have already said, but to bring comments like those to the family area was a disgrace which ever way you look at it.
we are supposed to be attracting fans young and olf but i personally dont think i will bring children to the game again. its such as shame that grown adults can not control there language when in an area with children. if this happend in the gold road end for example then i would not complain because it would have been my fault for taking children into that area but it happend in a family area.

mainstander

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 12:06:04 PM »

I believe that the incident happened at the bottom of the Main Stand steps and the opposite side to the Family Stand, which is the smaller stand to the right of the Main Stand.

Either way it just looks like emotions got the better of people. I'm sure the culprits were just over excited and did not mean to drive children away. A lot of history between to the two clubs.

jill06

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 12:10:11 PM »

yeh i know i have supported alty for many years and as i have already stated i two was excited and fired up. totally understand people gettin lost in the moment. believe me myself, the children and other children with their parents also heard the disgusting language. just a shame that all.
lets hope we aren't too tired to cheer them on tomorow, with nw yr celebrations etc.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 12:38:47 PM »

It's a bit of a conundrum isn't it. Either there's a campaign to ban swearing at football matches, or you have to accept that if you take children to a game they are going to be exposed to some unsavoury language or chanting.

At the game at Burton last season, when stewards challenged one Alty fan over his language on the grounds that there were children present, my response to them was that this was a football match, not a kindergarten.

VofD

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 01:24:50 PM »

And it does not help when GH uses the "F" word when shouting at the players to motivate them. :o :o

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 01:45:58 PM »

And it does not help when GH uses the "F" word when shouting at the players to motivate them. :o :o

I had my 3 year old daughter sat in the main stand not too far from GH. It is sad that at a family friendly club like Alty we heard abusive language from our fans and GH.

It would be stupid to ban swearing as everybody is entitled to free speech, but I am sure that Alty would have more support from people bringing their kids if there was less swearing. We need as much support as possible and the kids who get in free today are the paying fans of tomorrow!!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 01:50:10 PM »

We i.e the Stewarding staff have attempted on any number of occasions to deal with the issue of swearing only to be told, in really quite florid terms that the perpetrators  will be more inclined toward moderating their language when the players and bench stop swearing.

Any suggestions?

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 02:04:32 PM »

I have been guilty of using foul language at football matches, and it is always going to happen.  However, there is less excuse for it in a family area or when you know there'll be children in close proximity.

All I hope is that those who see nothing wrong with being foul mouthed and abusive at Alty games don't then complain about our gates not being as high as they should be...

Good point about those on the pitch and in the dug out setting an example too!

WA15

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006, 02:08:29 PM »

Are people saying that they are not capable of advising their children what's right and what's wrong? I am sure that we have all learned words and phrases from hearing other people using them in a variety of situations. However, most of us do not spend our life swearing unnecessarily, so therefore it would appear that we have also learnt to moderate our speech depending on the situation - sometimes at a high tension football match, people will shout things that I would prefer not to hear, but I accept that it will happen - it doesn't make me want to use those same words when I go home.
Yes, we would all hope that people will moderate their language when there are children around, but neither can we all live our lives wrapped in cotton wool.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2006, 02:42:15 PM »

I blame it on chef Ramsey  :'(
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 You're Not Welcome...