PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 You're Not Welcome...
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: You're Not Welcome...  (Read 10501 times)

JohnnyInTheBridge

Re: You're Not Welcome...
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2006, 02:52:34 PM »

WA15 .... you are spot on......

You can't sanitise the game to the point where bad language becomes an ejectable offence. Its down to the parents to educate and discipline their kids as to where colourful language is and isn't acceptable.

However, while I do have sympathy for those in The Family Stand where it should be less prevalent, even if it is eradicated there, its still likely that the kids will be able to hear it eminating from elsewhere in the ground, so you are probably fighting an unwinnable cause.

Despite how the game is portrayed on the box, watching football will always revolve around a couple of beers, venting your frustrations and hugging perfect strangers of the same sex (in a celebratory fashion you understand ! ).

They've already stopped us drinking beer in view of the pitch and even standing up to watch games at a higher level, for gods sake lets not allow the more sensitive minority removing even more of the edge from the game.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2006, 04:08:41 PM »

We i.e the Stewarding staff have attempted on any number of occasions to deal with the issue of swearing only to be told, in really quite florid terms that the perpetrators  will be more inclined toward moderating their language when the players and bench stop swearing.

Any suggestions?

Yes.
Mind your own f**king business, Phil....!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

mainstander

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2006, 05:34:08 PM »

By making an issue it just makes the children more likely to use the language rather than just ignoring it ? They probably hear worse at home, in the playground, on the TV and if you say otherwise you are deluding yourself.

Its a football match people. Should all songs with swearing in be banned as well ? Should we all just sit down and do the odd rar rar and clap politley after incidents on the pitch ?

About swearing and gates not being as high as they should be, don't Manchester United fans swear then. Man United have some of the most offensive songs going but it doesn't affect their attendances one little bit.

I think the point has been made but people are going a bit ott with it all. Its football. It happens. Lets all get on with supporting the club.

Looks like its bobble hats and rattles all round for Halifax then  ;D ;D

Hulme Robin

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2006, 06:53:02 PM »

swearing has and always will be part of watching live football. Nobody swears for the sake of it. its all part of the live experience and terrace culture.

Dianne

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2006, 08:39:30 PM »

You can have some karma for that picture Hulme Robin  ;D

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2006, 10:41:37 PM »

That's not fair.

Stockportalty

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2007, 02:37:07 PM »

It seems clear that the incident being discussed took part at the bottom of the steps in the Mainstand, and nowhere near the Family Stand. As a person who works with young people in schools every day, the language used on the terraces is not all that different from that used by pupils and therefore heard in schools every day, yes, shocking as it may seem, even primary schools, so unfortunately the children however young will not have heard anything new.

Jacko

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2007, 10:48:44 AM »

For christ sake moss lane is a great atmosphere for all ages and we should all be very proud of this and it sounds like it was unfortunate for the comments to be heard by any children, as for the bar thing i certainly wouldnt go into an opposing teams bar and start shooting my mouth about who was the better team what a xxxx,he deserved it anyway i saw his dad giving him a right bollocking as they left,and i think our lads were quite embarassed which shows they're gentleman, the most dicusting thing ive seen this season was in that freindly when fc united kids were actually joining in the fighting! bet theyve got an interesting family stand! ;D

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2007, 06:38:35 PM »

For christ sake

Praise you Jesus!

Of course, swearing could be banned, racist chanting was after all. Didn't Woking or someone do some sort of clean up the game campaign?

Interestingly enough, there was a time (some time before the 1960's I think) when there was not a lot of swearing at football matches. Are we any better for it? I doubt it.

Having said that, the main thing to worry about is threatening and abusive behaviour, such stuff is none the better for being said without swear words.

It's not big and it's not clever, but on many occasions, stewards probably have bigger things to worry about.  Unfortunate maybe, but probably true.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 You're Not Welcome...