News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Channel M

Author Topic: Channel M  (Read 3101 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Channel M
« on: September 22, 2009, 06:20:19 PM »

I see there is an interview with GH on Channel M this evening which is great to hear.

This got me thinking - in the absence of a TV deal in the BSP, what's to stop Channel M showing goals/highlights from our games?
Come on Alty!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Channel M
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 08:59:55 AM »

I see there is an interview with GH on Channel M this evening which is great to hear.

This got me thinking - in the absence of a TV deal in the BSP, what's to stop Channel M showing goals/highlights from our games?

I have had a look at this as they used to have a very good programme called 'The Great Manchester Football Show' which featured a couple of non-league games.We could have featured on this regularly this season, however due to massive cutbacks at Channel M, there isn't a current opportunity to feature highlights.This doesn't mean that this is a dead duck forever!

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 12:29:02 PM »

I have had a look at this as they used to have a very good programme called 'The Great Manchester Football Show' which featured a couple of non-league games.We could have featured on this regularly this season, however due to massive cutbacks at Channel M, there isn't a current opportunity to feature highlights.This doesn't mean that this is a dead duck forever!
shirley we have a person who could edit the highlights into a 25 min reel with a welcome and a farewell filmed. then channel m will have no costs at all and we can raise our profile a little with our own show!!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 10:54:38 PM »

shirley we have a person who could edit the highlights into a 25 min reel with a welcome and a farewell filmed. then channel m will have no costs at all and we can raise our profile a little with our own show!!

It's true that this could be done, however if you look at the Channel M website you will see that the vast majority of their programmes ceased in the summer.As well as the Great Manchester Football Show, there used to be separate shows on Manchester City &  Manchester United. What they have now is essentially a three hour news programme.With last year's programming schedule, we would have been able to get highlights on most weeks, but at present it isn't possible.Oddly enough, I will be seeing their News Producer tomorrow night, so I will find out if there are any developments in terms of possible openings to get us on Channel M.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 08:02:12 AM »

"Don't call me Shirley"

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 04:04:36 PM »

"Don't call me Shirley"

well look who it is... FC uniteds biggest fan  :P ;)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Channel M