PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays Team
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Todays Team  (Read 62015 times)

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

Re: Todays Team
« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2009, 05:06:08 PM »

Pretty good result... we are now a tough team to beat.. a great platform to build on as the injured players slowly come back.

Jezza

« Reply #181 on: September 26, 2009, 05:06:47 PM »

move onto 18 points from 13 matches...21 from 14 would be really good.

I personally dont like late subs to close the game out so heff had only just come on and prob wasn't up to speed of the game?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 26, 2009, 05:09:56 PM »

Apparently a lack of effort by Heffernan has cost us all three points. People who were there are saying he should never play for us again!

I have heard this also!
Come on Alty!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 26, 2009, 05:11:09 PM »

Apparently a lack of effort by Heffernan has cost us all three points. People who were there are saying he should never play for us again!

I have heard this also!

What is is that he has supposed to have done....or not done, as the case may be?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #184 on: September 26, 2009, 05:14:40 PM »

The daft thing about bringing on a sub late to use time is, as mark Hughes will tell you, the lost time is added back on any way. As has been pointed out said sub is not up to the pace of the game.

Its ok having an impact sub, but even the best tend to need to get up to speed.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #185 on: September 26, 2009, 05:16:12 PM »

We're consistent - we remain in 13th

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 26, 2009, 05:16:20 PM »

I have heard this also!

What is is that he has supposed to have done....or not done, as the case may be?

I have been told that he gave away the ball and then made no effort to run back and defend. There may have been other things but I don't know.
Come on Alty!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #187 on: September 26, 2009, 05:22:40 PM »

I'll be back online for next Saturday's match. If all goes to plan I'll be at ML on Tuesday - maybe to late in the day for Jennifer to join me, however.

markecky

« Reply #188 on: September 26, 2009, 05:24:39 PM »

I'm getting a bit bored of these jumped up kids not taking a great chance that is playing for Altrincham.

Like Lee Hendley if Heffernan doesn't get his finger out he will disappear down the ladder and not be heard of again.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 26, 2009, 05:27:27 PM »

I'm getting a bit bored of these jumped up kids not taking a great chance that is playing for Altrincham.

Like Lee Hendley if Heffernan doesn't get his finger out he will disappear down the ladder and not be heard of again.

Why would you put in all the hard graft at NW Counties level and then just toss it off when your chance comes? It defies sense!

Very disappointing indeed.
Come on Alty!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #190 on: September 26, 2009, 05:29:38 PM »

If his offence was as bad as it sounds (dare I say Christiano Ronaldo like) he will know by now you do not play for Alty if you don't put in 100%. Methinks GH may have had a quiet word via a hairdryer

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 26, 2009, 05:35:41 PM »

Why would you put in all the hard graft at NW Counties level and then just toss it off when your chance comes? It defies sense!

Very disappointing indeed.

Perhaps that self-promotion web page, on which Heffernan was virtually begging for a chance to move to Australia, produced an offer that he found irresistible and he'll shortly be emigrating to take up a new role as an extra in Home & Away...? 
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 26, 2009, 05:38:37 PM »

I held that view of Heffernan when I saw him come on and stroll around against Wrexham in the Setanta Shield.

Playing devil's advocate I suppose I ought to say he does seem to have a very laid back, languid sort of style even when he is playing ok so I'm hoping it's more a case of that than anything.

Other than that I'm absoluelty in full agreement with Ecky, I don't know where the f**k some of these kids think they're going to play when they are at Alty, there is generally a reason why they aren't at league clubs like.

I too am wondering where Thaker has gone as people at Cambridge said he looked lively at least.

A shame that we've been dashed at the last as it feels like a defeat, but as ALty1981 said the other day every point is  well gained at this time. On the plus side we are unbeaten in 5 and this point at Stevenage puts us in a good position fot eh Gateshead game on Tuesday. If we win that, and I have a sneaky feeling that Gateshead have been a little unlucky this season with a lot of narrow defeats, then 4 points from the Stevenage/Heed/R&D games is a good haul, again anything that could be gained at Nene Park next week would be a bonus.

Again, without feeling too sorry for ourselves we are missing Michael Welch (ish), Greg Young, Robbie Lawton (capt), Colin Little and Dale Johnson - 5 massive players for us.

StretfordAlty

« Reply #193 on: September 26, 2009, 06:20:42 PM »

I wasn't at the game, but I saw Heffernan against AFC Wimbledon when he came on. He needs the ball to feet to succeed, as he more of a Berbatov figure than a Crouchinho. Perhaps start him against Gateshead and get him to drop deep and thread through balls to Denham with the outside of his right foot?

Nonleaguer

« Reply #194 on: September 26, 2009, 06:37:32 PM »

When I suggested a player worth having a look at from Nantwich, my suggestion was dismissed as the gulf between BSP and Unibond was too great. Having said that, the difference between BSP and NW Counties is even greater and yet that is the step up that Heff has made! For the record, Matt Rhead (the player I made comment about) bagged a couple for Nantwich today away at Kings Lynn. It is all too easy to have the view that players can't make the move but there are still some good players who often miss out on achieving their true potential.

It's perhaps better to capture raw talent on the way up than rely on names who have a list of umpteen clubs on their CV on the way down...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays Team