Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A Halifax supporter's report on today's game...

Author Topic: A Halifax supporter's report on today's game...  (Read 3282 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 01, 2007, 06:58:43 PM »

Altrincham left the shay with a point after halting Town's second half surge.

Alty went ahead after 10 mins when their right winger found himself outside the box in acres of defensive wasteland squared it past the advancing Mawson for the big striker Thomson to tap home. Then it was all Atrincham finding lots of spaces to pass the ball around Town. Some of the slickest passing (I'm afraid to say) seen at the shay this season.

Uhlenbeek went off injured, to be abley replaced by Toulson. Torpey the outlet on the left couldn't get going and Aspinall took the ball from his feet on a couple of occasions. Senior had a couple of snapshots easily saved. Town didn't get into top gear first half until a Kearney free kick on 42 mins. After a couple of bobbles about- Joynes found himself with room to fire home to enable Town to go in level with their heads up.

The second half belonged to Town, Young got his shirt pulled by Thomson and fell awkwardly hurting himself, being replaced by Wright (Wright was superb) the reshaped defence pushing everyone forward time after time.
Referee Coote had little control over the game, Joynes was kicked from pillar to post. Kearney stood his ground in the heart of the midfield and later in front of the back four when the wing backs were up attacking.

Towards the end Town hit alty with a barrage- had a well hit shot from the right wing saved by a spectacular Coburn leap across goal. Another effort cleared off the line by a defender. A goalmouth melee with the ball pinging everywhere, how we never scored during this period beats me.
Alty rarely ventured out, but put in a couple of good corners when they did. They were happy with the point having taken the p-iss out of us and the referee with severe time wasting from the 70 min mark.
All in all a good game, but two points lost.
My motM Tom Kearney.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: A Halifax supporter's report on today's game...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 12:10:19 AM »

i was not there, but cannot understand why Pat was taken off?

He obviously has a good game. Well done Pat.  :D :D

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 01:24:39 AM »

I particually enjoyed this little gem:

Their goal was lucky, we were a man down and they managed to ramshackle their way through and score a tap-in. Our goal was class, a great free-kick routine and we're back in the game.

His reasoning seem to run along lines similar to this; their goal was rubbish because... er... it was scored by them. Yeah that's it. Our goal however was fantastic because we scored it and we're brill.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 06:43:44 PM »

I particually enjoyed this little gem:

Their goal was lucky, we were a man down and they managed to ramshackle their way through and score a tap-in. Our goal was class, a great free-kick routine and we're back in the game.

His reasoning seem to run along lines similar to this; their goal was rubbish because... er... it was scored by them. Yeah that's it. Our goal however was fantastic because we scored it and we're brill.

Our goal was a great moment for Pat. However I thought theirs was well worked, I suspected they had worked on it in training.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 07:44:04 PM »

I thought we ripped them to pieces with a good one two and excellent run from Thomson whereas there's was a flukey set piece  ;D ;D

Seriously though I thought both goals were good. Ours for the run off te ball and creating space and theirs for a well drilled set piece routine.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team