PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bowler Watch
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bowler Watch  (Read 7804 times)

Alex

Bowler Watch
« on: January 01, 2007, 07:04:24 PM »

today justin touched the ball 5 times (and he ment one of them).
jokes aside i just don't see whats gone wrong, firstly he is seemingly told not to join in the warm ups with the rest of the team (of which i have only ever seen pat talk to him) and his total lack of effort just makes fans, even thoghs who want to give him a chance just think he is a disapointment.
bit bad at the final whistle though when he walked straight off the pitch without a gingle glace towards the traveling support.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bowler Watch
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 07:06:27 PM »

Perhaps he regressed and thought that he was back playing for Halifax?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 08:06:05 PM »

Time to get rid of him imho - he is not what we are looking for.

He just does not seem to be part of the team.

Sell in January to Hale Barns Utd or something (if they will have him) and buy someone worthwhile.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 08:09:59 PM »

he's on a contract, so heres my call...

loan him out to the team of the week on the sponsored team program i.e this week he can play for long hey next week hale barns juniors etc etc would work perfectly!

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 09:42:12 PM »

Bowler did absolutely nothing wrong for the few minutes he was on the pitch today.

Those who want to find fault however will probably do so.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 10:02:02 PM »

what he did do right then?

He was on for 10 mins and I counted 4 times that he touched the ball. Someone else counted 5.
He did not clap the crowd from what I saw.
He walked off the pitch on his own whilst the rest of team came to our supporters to clap.
Didnt chase down the keeper at the end - stood there and watched.

He just doesnt seem part of the team.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 10:45:30 PM by Jenga »

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 11:39:25 PM »

He was playing up front as an outlet, he was only likely to get the ball when it was either passed to him or it came near him, I can't recall him standing idly by whilst he could have gained possession.

As for chasing the keeper down, all the keeper was ever going to do was punt it back over his head. Had he chased him down all he would have done was present an easy way for the ball to stay in Halifax's posession as the keeper would have passed it right to the Halifax players on the half way line given how deep we were defending.

I didn't notice the not clapping issue, however there aren't that many people who can really claim they were very supportive of him this afternoon. The lad was being slagged off before he had even had an opportunity to touch the ball.

Alex

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 12:53:07 AM »

Bowler did absolutely nothing wrong for the few minutes he was on the pitch today.

i don't want to find fault with him i want him to play well so we have a natural winger. it just seemed today like he wasn't interested and i wasn't the only one on that terrace who thought so. i think maybe we should loan him out so he can get regular football and then maybe he will come back a better player for it.
but my point about his teamwork is valid, you would have to be blind not to notice the fact that the rest of the squad don't get on with him and he does seem a bit of an outcast. ( they only rarely passed to him in a passing exercise in warm-ups)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 01:11:41 AM »

i don't want to find fault with him i want him to play well so we have a natural winger. it just seemed today like he wasn't interested and i wasn't the only one on that terrace who thought so. i think maybe we should loan him out so he can get regular football and then maybe he will come back a better player for it.
but my point about his teamwork is valid, you would have to be blind not to notice the fact that the rest of the squad don't get on with him and he does seem a bit of an outcast. ( they only rarely passed to him in a passing exercise in warm-ups)

He was played up front today, so for a start he was playing out of position.

I can't think of one example where Bowler gave the impression today that he wasn't interested. Yes he didn't close down the keeper, however as I explained previously he had good reason not to.

I don't know the bloke, but maybe the squad should make a bit of an effort to include him more. Can he be blamed if others don't pass to him?

Daycare Dan

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 09:32:04 PM »

Time to throw my Irish 10 pence in!

I did join in the "Bowler Watch" yesterday and agree it was 5 touches, though I'm not sure what this shows as we did appear to be "humping" it forward and not playing it to his feet which I'm guessing he would prefer. I thought he should have been chasing the keeper down, he'd just come on so had no reason to say he was knackered, putting the keeper under pressure might have forced an error and maybe, just maybe have produced a second goal. You never know!

I don't think it's fair to comment on Bowler's relationship with the rest of the squad; he could just be shy. However he should have come over to the fans with the rest of the squad, he can always go and play for FGR and see what kind of support they get!!

Bushall reccomended Bowler to the club as I understand it, and I can't see a senior player putting forward a kid who's crap, there must be something Bush has seen in training that we have not. According to the main site Justin has started one cup game and had seven lague sub appearences, have we all given him a fair crack of the wip?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 10:54:49 PM »

I agree he's not really had a chance to prove one way way or another if he's the grade, but the two times he has started (friendly against Man City and cup game game against Chester) he has been subed, the reaction to this has been to stomp off down the tunnel.

Not really the best way to endear yourself. I would still like him to be given a chance though as an out and out winger is something we need.
Full time and proud of it

VofD

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 02:53:51 AM »

B etter
O ff
W ithout
L aziest
E ever
R obin

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 09:22:08 AM »

Very
Obnoxious
Fuddy
Duddy

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 11:20:28 AM »

He did not clap the crowd from what I saw. Who can blame him ?
Lets be honest the first heckle he got was for wearing gloves , thats before he even kicked a ball and that set the tone for some Alty fans. Maybe he will clap the fans when the fans encourage him.

I am not his biggest fan and I don't think he's good enough for this level (from what I have seen, which isn't a lot I may add) BUT I would love to be proved wrong and shouting stuff towards him as he jogs on the pitch is hardly going to make him any better is it ?

As for charging down the keeper, whats the point ? If it was a 50.50 ball then YES but as was said if it just means a man would be free for the keeper to pass to for an easy option then whats the point ?

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 11:30:32 AM »

well said gaz we need to give the guy more time. lets truly judge after he has got some decent time under his belt

ps im doing this message on my mp3 player!!! modern technology eh??!!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bowler Watch