BS North
- 2 (4.9%)
Lower Than BS North
- 0 (0%)
Extinct
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: October 17, 2009, 10:51:48 PM

Author Topic: Altrincham FC 2014  (Read 4603 times)

baldrick

Altrincham FC 2014
« on: October 15, 2009, 10:51:48 PM »

Most fans seem to be more optimistic this season. So where will the club be in 5 years.

gunners11

Re: Altrincham FC 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 11:57:28 PM »

you should do another one and say where they be in 10years i reckon out of the bsp and div2 i reckon in 10years time with a very good team div1 and i mean a very good team the team would have to get a very good goalkeeper i reckon and icelandic keeper or get one on loan altrincham football club are scared to move forward. i think they should challenge for promotion alty have been in that league far too long look at gateshead full time players next season.alty always look at other teams we have a team a bloodly good one lets get up there and stop this messing around.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 12:24:07 AM »

Icelandic keepers are definitely the future.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 12:25:49 AM »

Gunner's mum's gone to Iceland!

baldrick

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 02:53:45 AM »

Gateshead won't survive in the BS North as a full time club with crowds of 400 (unless they get an Icelandic keeper)

Daycare Dan

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 07:49:22 AM »

I googled "Icelandic Keeper" and this thread is third on, above a Wiki page on a real keeper! Don't think we should sign him though.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%93lafur_Gottsk%C3%A1lksson

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 08:50:13 AM »

I think I have hit on the winning formula.

An Icelandic goalkeeper and the snack bar can serve Icelandic Prawn Sandwiches. This will get the team going on the pitch and bring in rich ex Man United supporters who are disallusioned with the Glaziers.

Alty in the Premier League, I can see it now.

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 10:04:43 AM »

you should do another one and say where they be in 10years i reckon out of the bsp and div2 i reckon in 10years time with a very good team div1 and i mean a very good team the team would have to get a very good goalkeeper i reckon and icelandic keeper or get one on loan altrincham football club are scared to move forward. i think they should challenge for promotion alty have been in that league far too long look at gateshead full time players next season.alty always look at other teams we have a team a bloodly good one lets get up there and stop this messing around.

So VERY good ( and I mean very good!  ;D ) teams don't get higher than Div 1? With this Icelandic geezer on board, hands like shovels and all that, surely we'd go the whole hog? Or would we need to upgrade to a Finnish stopper for that final push?

Jenga

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 12:25:07 PM »

We used to have 2 stoppers, but now we only have 1  :-[

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 12:34:29 PM »

Why is there no option for 'in contention for qualification for the Champions League'...?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

baldrick

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 02:20:58 PM »

Why is there no option for 'in contention for qualification for the Champions League'...?

That is covered by League Club

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 02:34:08 PM »

i think bsp around the middle is about our level

would you want to be promoted?
i dont go much anymore so i dont get a vote

gunners11

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 04:34:10 PM »

kerry katona she can block anything with her melons.she used to go to iceland. or lucy pinder she has a good pair of footballs .what about an alty girls team  kerry katona in goal lucy pinder and michelle marsh, and sam fox in defence,midfield  linda lusardi, and teresa may and tory lane,and veronika zemanova. strikers sophie howard, amanda barr, susan smith.

JT

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 04:36:55 PM »

kerry katona she can block anything with her melons.she used to go to iceland. or lucy pinder she has a good pair of footballs .what about an alty girls team  kerry katona in goal lucy pinder and michelle marsh, and sam fox in defence,midfield  linda lusardi, and teresa may and tory lane,and veronika zemanova. strikers sophie howard, amanda barr, susan smith.

...well, everyone has a dream team

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 04:56:12 PM »

...well, everyone has a dream team

They'd be good up front. anyway, back to the thread. A very good topic.

The answer I don't know but what I would say is given the very fine margins by which this clubs destiny has fallen in recent years it could be almost anything.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham FC 2014