PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Your Best Alty Story Ever...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Your Best Alty Story Ever...  (Read 18055 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Your Best Alty Story Ever...
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 10:50:50 PM »

That was me,Pete,Jamie and Lem. Weather wasn't too bad when we set off. When we jumped off the train in Dover it was two foot deep in snow! Highlight of the weekend was cheering in the pub when the pools panel gave us an away win.

I must be getting my stories a bit mixed up - I also seem to recall a story about Jimmy upsetting half the dining room in a B&B at breakfast time by using some quite choice language.
Come on Alty!

joe

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 10:52:55 PM »

That was me,Pete,Jamie and Lem. Weather wasn't too bad when we set off. When we jumped off the train in Dover it was two foot deep in snow! Highlight of the weekend was cheering in the pub when the pools panel gave us an away win.

I must be getting my stories a bit mixed up - I also seem to recall a story about Jimmy upsetting half the dining room in a B&B at breakfast time by using some quite choice language.

That happens on most weekends away!

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 11:09:36 PM »

I remember setting off bright and early to Welling in a car i'd just bought off my step dad with Hash,Ev and Torps. He'd advised me not to go because the fuel pump was on it's way out but being 18 and always knowing better i totally ignored him and went anyway despite not being in the AA or RAC! Anyway i picked the lads up and armed with the directions off we went. All was going brilliantly,traffic was great,car was flying and we made great time and we arrived safely about half one. Only problem was we arrived in Welwyn which was absolutely nowhere near Welling! Only being young and not really travelled around much i'd written down directions for totally the wrong place! Not to be deterred we parked up and headed off to WH Smith to have a nosey at an atlas to see if Welling was still possible. After working out it was only a couple of inches on the map we thought we'd give it a go,only problem was when we got back to the car it wouldn't start! The fuel pump that was on its way out had totally given up! We spent the entire day marooned in a place where we really didn't want to be. Luckily Hash's Dad was good enough to come and pick us up and  brought his mechanic mate along to see if he could do anything with the stricken car which he couldn't without a new fuel pump. So the car was left abandoned in Welwyn and all the the way home Ev had to lye across the rest of us in the back of the car because there was six of us in a five seater! I had to go back to Welwyn the next day with my stepdad to fix the car and it turned out there was a new fuel pump in the boot all along which he just hadn't had time to fit! That weekend left alot of people very unimpressed with me!

what a legendary day out that was , couple of things ya forgetting torps kickin of with about 10 cocks from welyn  , inviting us down for a fight ev being pissed from 10 am till 4 am and the fact you had the spare part in ya boot which you foorgot to mention rofl what a day
FFS

taxi Phil

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 05:35:22 AM »

I love this thread ! I've learned more about my two sons' mis-spent youth in the last few minutes than I've done in years !

Narcissist

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 07:43:57 AM »

I cant really get close to any of these tales but one particularly boozy saturday night me and rafo decided to drive to kettering the next day. This was probably 97-98 season. We were playing on Sunday for some reason, the game ended 0-0 I think, not that we ever got there.

We set off suitably hung over at about one. All we knew was that it was south of birmingham. We stopped at knutsford services rafo ran in looked at an A-Z and came back saying it was sorted. Off I set in my 205, a man on a mission with his sozzled sidekick navigator in the wings. Somewhere near Oxford rafo decided we should stop at the next services as it was 1445 and we still hadnt seen a sign for kettering. At the time I wasnt aware there was a bloody good reason for that, we'd been going in the wrong direction for about an hour. My trusty sidekick suggested we abandon all hope at about 3.15 when he made his 2nd consultation to an A-Z in the services realising that Oxord and Kettering aren't Alty and Macclesfield distance wise. We had a burger king and drove home. Id just split up with my bird at the time, I got home with rafo in tow about half six and my ex's mum was waiting outside the house to give me a piece of her mind as her precious daughter had locked herself in her bedroom for the past three days.

I think she gave up hope of getting through to me when I pulled up informed her that I wasnt in the mood as Id driven to Oxford and back for a whopper. She was probably glad id left her daughter when rafo also fell out of the car. His boyish good looks were still marred by his heavily toothpasted eyebrows from the night before, he was also sporting a signal quiff. I had decided not to tell him for a giggle and ended up not telling him out of anguish of missing the game.

I have many fond memories of Hugh being bizarre on the coach and fortunately I was never on the carsville on one of its many breakdowns.

markecky

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 08:17:54 AM »

I cant really get close to any of these tales but one particularly boozy saturday night me and rafo decided to drive to kettering the next day. This was probably 97-98 season. We were playing on Sunday for some reason, the game ended 0-0 I think, not that we ever got there.

We set off suitably hung over at about one. All we knew was that it was south of birmingham. We stopped at knutsford services rafo ran in looked at an A-Z and came back saying it was sorted. Off I set in my 205, a man on a mission with his sozzled sidekick navigator in the wings. Somewhere near Oxford rafo decided we should stop at the next services as it was 1445 and we still hadnt seen a sign for kettering. At the time I wasnt aware there was a bloody good reason for that, we'd been going in the wrong direction for about an hour. My trusty sidekick suggested we abandon all hope at about 3.15 when he made his 2nd consultation to an A-Z in the services realising that Oxord and Kettering aren't Alty and Macclesfield distance wise. We had a burger king and drove home. Id just split up with my bird at the time, I got home with rafo in tow about half six and my ex's mum was waiting outside the house to give me a piece of her mind as her precious daughter had locked herself in her bedroom for the past three days.

I think she gave up hope of getting through to me when I pulled up informed her that I wasnt in the mood as Id driven to Oxford and back for a whopper. She was probably glad id left her daughter when rafo also fell out of the car. His boyish good looks were still marred by his heavily toothpasted eyebrows from the night before, he was also sporting a signal quiff. I had decided not to tell him for a giggle and ended up not telling him out of anguish of missing the game.

I have many fond memories of Hugh being bizarre on the coach and fortunately I was never on the carsville on one of its many breakdowns.

Exactly the kind of stuff we want on this thread!!  Marvellous tale...a signal quiiff being one of the highlights..

joe

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2009, 08:28:07 AM »

I remember setting off bright and early to Welling in a car i'd just bought off my step dad with Hash,Ev and Torps. He'd advised me not to go because the fuel pump was on it's way out but being 18 and always knowing better i totally ignored him and went anyway despite not being in the AA or RAC! Anyway i picked the lads up and armed with the directions off we went. All was going brilliantly,traffic was great,car was flying and we made great time and we arrived safely about half one. Only problem was we arrived in Welwyn which was absolutely nowhere near Welling! Only being young and not really travelled around much i'd written down directions for totally the wrong place! Not to be deterred we parked up and headed off to WH Smith to have a nosey at an atlas to see if Welling was still possible. After working out it was only a couple of inches on the map we thought we'd give it a go,only problem was when we got back to the car it wouldn't start! The fuel pump that was on its way out had totally given up! We spent the entire day marooned in a place where we really didn't want to be. Luckily Hash's Dad was good enough to come and pick us up and  brought his mechanic mate along to see if he could do anything with the stricken car which he couldn't without a new fuel pump. So the car was left abandoned in Welwyn and all the the way home Ev had to lye across the rest of us in the back of the car because there was six of us in a five seater! I had to go back to Welwyn the next day with my stepdad to fix the car and it turned out there was a new fuel pump in the boot all along which he just hadn't had time to fit! That weekend left alot of people very unimpressed with me!

what a legendary day out that was , couple of things ya forgetting torps kickin of with about 10 cocks from welyn  , inviting us down for a fight ev being pissed from 10 am till 4 am and the fact you had the spare part in ya boot which you foorgot to mention rofl what a day

I forgot about Torps kicking off in McDonalds! Think it was because they were spitting paper through straws at him. I remember your Dad getting annoyed at Ev for launching empty stella bottles onto the M1!

joe

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2009, 08:49:20 AM »

Good old Rafo! Myself and Mike Crockett once left him in charge of booking the hotel for the end of season night out in Woking and were surprised when we ended up in a travel lodge on a service station on the M4! We had to set off for the match about 11am we were that far away and by a combination of bus,tube,train and coach we arrived at the ground 15 minutes before kick off! Needless to say the taxi back to the hotel in the early hours after a good drinking session wasn't cheap!

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2009, 09:01:56 AM »

I can remember drinking in a bar in Llandudno one friday night and this massive slurring drunk barged me out of the way to get his pint, next day he was on the bench for Alty in a friendly at Bamber Bridge 2003/4 season possibly  D. M anyone guess who it was ?
Secondly was giving Hughie a lift when seeing him running near congleton on the way to a friendly, said he'd ran from Alty !
Mid 90's cheshire cup tie at the Vics an Alty fan ? was cursing the vics as we entered the ground and decided to put his foot through the advertising hording, funniest thing he got stuck and was begging for help from the bemused vics stewards. ::)

markecky

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2009, 09:08:05 AM »

I can remember drinking in a bar in Llandudno one friday night and this massive slurring drunk barged me out of the way to get his pint, next day he was on the bench for Alty in a friendly at Bamber Bridge 2003/4 season possibly  D. M anyone guess who it was ?
Secondly was giving Hughie a lift when seeing him running near congleton on the way to a friendly, said he'd ran from Alty !
Mid 90's cheshire cup tie at the Vics an Alty fan ? was cursing the vics as we entered the ground and decided to put his foot through the advertising hording, funniest thing he got stuck and was begging for help from the bemused vics stewards. ::)

Dave Martindale?

joe

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2009, 09:16:36 AM »

Danny Murphy?

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2009, 09:23:04 AM »

He had a kick like a mule and wasn't the sharpest tool in the box ! ended up at Conwy and Colwyn Bay I think. D. Ma....

joe

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2009, 09:24:31 AM »

He had a kick like a mule and wasn't the sharpest tool in the box ! ended up at Conwy and Colwyn Bay I think. D. Ma....

Would that be Danny Magoona?

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2009, 09:36:53 AM »

Cheers Joe  ;D

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2009, 09:51:16 AM »

Another fan/player story...

When I was 14 (1995) I did a bit of trainspotting with my mate. One Friday afternoon we were on our way back from Leeds, discussing the following days game...

This guy pops his head over the seat and says ''you follow Alty ?'' ''yes'' I replied. ''I play for them'' ... the particular person was Yorkshire based and on his way to Alty for an overnight stay down south with the team

Anyone guess who ?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Your Best Alty Story Ever...