Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How do you rate the stewarding at moss lane?

Poll

Good
- 21 (67.7%)
Average
- 9 (29%)
Could improve
- 1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: January 05, 2007, 11:00:54 AM

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: How do you rate the stewarding at moss lane?  (Read 11803 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 02, 2007, 11:00:54 AM »

I am always looking at ways of improving the stewarding at moss lane, If your happy with it please tick the right box if you tick the could improve box please state what changes you would like to see.
This is a genuine poll
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 04:07:30 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

Jezza

Re: How do you rate the stewarding at moss lane?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 12:54:31 PM »

Stewarding is exxcellent....let's just keep it real and where there is no reason to alienate away supporters lets use common sense.....allowing away fans to use the cover on wet days for example or opening up segregation when there is clearly no reason for it.

Keep up the excellent work lads (and lasses)

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 01:15:33 PM »

Dont really see the stewards which in itself is a positive statement. Stewards should be seen and not heard unless problems arise.

keep up the good work.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 01:42:40 PM »

As far as I'm concerned ALL games should be segregated at Moss Lane, not our fault if clubs only bring a few fans ? We are segregated in most of our games so should work both ways.

I am also bitter and twisted and although its not away fans fault I reckon if we are not offered covering at other clubs grounds than why should they ? Some say we should as we are 'better than them' but sod it. Treat others as they treat you.

Of course the banning of Musical Instruments would be a big plus towards what I think of stewards  ;D

The one thing that worries me with the stewarding is that it sometimes seems to be a seperate entity to the club. YES you are all volunteers, and we are very grateful but if the club asks you to do something then it should be done with little fuss eg: the Bar door fiasco that got blown out of all proportion.

The above IS NOT having a go at the stewards but an honest observation (as asked for) and if any steward would like to reply via private message than please do.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 02:23:02 PM »

Need to be able to get behind the bar quicker at quarter to three when the till breaks down and we're all choking for a pint - but, other than that, fine!  :D ;) ;D
 ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 02:41:12 PM »

First of all I think the stewards do a brilliant job, they are volunteers for an essential task.  Nobody should ever forget that.

I also think that home games should be segregated, particularly if we are segregated at their ground. 

markecky

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 03:15:24 PM »

I think our stewards do a grand job as well.

I also believe that all games should be segregated.  It saves any hassle, and any "I told you so" when balloons like Wozza B Red from Alfreton decide to be mouthy when walking past the agitated home fans.

FGR for example, we had no roof there and wouldn't have been able to get one had it rained, its an eye for an eye.

We are not in the Unibond anymore, we are in a big league where segragation is the norm.  We need to think like a big club.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 03:47:11 PM »

i'd say for the likes of gray whom we should extend a warm welcome to and mabee york i don't see a problem, there is no history of trouble infact quite the opposite with these clubs, they should be welcomed and allowed shelter... just not our bit of the popular side!!!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 03:52:52 PM »

We have offered shelter to clubs when the weather has been bad but due to some of the large away following it has not been possible.
My policy when i take charge of stewarding a match is that i want everybody to enjoy themselves but you can't please everyone on some occasions.
@AltyDaz

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 03:55:30 PM »

agreed and i'd rathe have the home fans happy than the aay fans, sounds harsh but the home fans come back week in week out its the way it is

markecky

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 04:40:28 PM »

Andy, your point is precisely the one I was trying to highlight. 

We have good banter with York, UKPhil is a top man and we have never had much bother there.

However York have the  potential  to bring a right firm, its just that they don't see Alty as much to battle with (which is right!).

However you never know who is amongst a crowd of 300 away fans.  A tense decision (last minute pen at Oxford anyone) and the atmosphere changes.  With no segregation you could have an FC United (the family club) repeat.

With no segregation there is always the clowns who decide not to change ends and stand right next to the home fans.

Cut out all the hassle and segregate every game I say.  I would never complain about it an an away game.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 05:29:06 PM »

fair play ecky i see your point

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 05:55:33 PM »

Rubbish! ;D

Only joking. I don't know how many men are on the car park during games but that would be my only real area of concern with various dubious characters going through there during games on occasions.

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 07:42:41 PM »

Andy, your point is precisely the one I was trying to highlight. 

We have good banter with York, UKPhil is a top man and we have never had much bother there.

However York have the  potential  to bring a right firm, its just that they don't see Alty as much to battle with (which is right!).

However you never know who is amongst a crowd of 300 away fans.  A tense decision (last minute pen at Oxford anyone) and the atmosphere changes.  With no segregation you could have an FC United (the family club) repeat.

With no segregation there is always the clowns who decide not to change ends and stand right next to the home fans.

Cut out all the hassle and segregate every game I say.  I would never complain about it an an away game.

Thanks for the kind words Mark, and you are dead right.

If we are still doing well we could potentially bring anything up to 1,000 fans to Moss Lane in February (although I reckon 600-700 would be more realistic). If that is the case then, inevitably, there might be some people who you wouldn't want to be stood next to in an unsegregated environment. And the same is true of any club in a following of that size. Take Exeter for example - great bunch of people, really friendly, but with a small minority of idiots who pick on away supporters when they go down to Devon. Not all away supporters (not Alty from what I've heard anyway!) but some. And you have also experienced some nastiness away at Oxford this season which I am certain was partly the fault of some of our fans who had caused some bother at the previous Oxford home game and who had "woken up the beast".

Of course me and a number of mates are coming across for a cracking day out and Alty should make a load of money in gate and bar receipts on that particular afternoon! I am really looking forward to it, it should be one of the best days of the season.

And - one last thing. I also agree with Gaz about facilities for away supporters. We made you stand on an open terrace and so I won't be bleating on the internet when I have to do the same at Moss Lane, what a bloody cheek if I did!

« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 07:44:15 PM by UkrainianPhil (YCFC) »

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 07:46:01 PM »

Wouldn't put it passed you to moan though  ;D

I presume you'll be taking in 'The Famous Bridge" after the game ? What a Place... Infact its THE PLACE !
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team