Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How do you rate the stewarding at moss lane?

Poll

Good
- 21 (67.7%)
Average
- 9 (29%)
Could improve
- 1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: January 05, 2007, 11:00:54 AM

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: How do you rate the stewarding at moss lane?  (Read 11816 times)

markecky

Re: How do you rate the stewarding at moss lane?
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2007, 03:00:54 PM »

I don't see why people on here are worried about this.

Maybe people on here have first hand experience of being assaulted at unsegregated games.

Did you stand at Redditch knowing you were about to be smacked as home fans circled you?

Did you watch the young lads get assaulted at the FC United game?

I stand by my opinion that its better to be safe than sorry.  I expect the protection of segregation when I go to places like Aldershot and see no reason why we should do any different at our ground.  The time I went and it was not segregated (2-0 trophy win) was very scary indeed.

baldrick

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2007, 04:07:10 PM »

No i have never had a problem like that but i believe FC United should be closed down. I absolutely hate them.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2007, 04:14:52 PM »

My point is the stewards would not have a clue how to deal with serious crowd trouble. Altrincham fans have never been troublemakers and the club is not a target for opposing fans. I don't see why people on here are worried about this. If any of you have ever watched England away you will know that most of the trouble has been at games where foreign police have herded us together instead of letting us wander around freely. Segregation creates a pack mentality.

Stewards not noing how to cope well come and join us and tell me how its done. Since i have been chief steward i have had to deal with alot of different incidents i:e fc utd which was dealt with swiftley, Man utd anti glazier march on to the pitch shown on national tv and with are Nvq accessor at that game his words were biggar clubs would have panicked with that.. There are ways and means of dealing with different incidents.
@AltyDaz

baldrick

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2007, 04:24:09 PM »

The stewards do a great job but i don't believe any non league stewards would be able to handle serious crowd problems like Millwall at Luton 1985 or the Hillsborough incident.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2007, 04:30:58 PM »

If we had crowds similar to those incidents, then we would have more stewards and probably a police presence.

You're contradicting yourself. If you're insisting that non-league stewards can't cope with any sort of trouble, why do you want non-segregation which would only increase the probability of trouble??

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2007, 04:31:21 PM »

The stewards do a great job but i don't believe any non league stewards would be able to handle serious crowd problems like Millwall at Luton 1985 or the Hillsborough incident.

How likely are we to see events of those magnitudes (which happened in the 1980s!) at Alty?  Also, I would say we have a stewarding and crowd control set up more in line with the Football League than non-league.  

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2007, 08:46:06 PM »

Baldrick,

Why don't you come and have a chat with either Darren or I at a home match about this.

I think I can see what you're trying to say but have to conclude that you are (a) missing the point somewhat and (b) being quite disrespectful to the Stewarding Staff.

Re your assertion that we /they couldn't cope with 'real trouble' yes if you're talking about bother on the Millwall, Birmingham City, Leeds etc level then given our current manning levels we probably couldn't......however if we were to get a match where it was obvious that the potential for bother was there then we would do exactly what we have always done that is get advice and assistance in.

Fortunately we haven't had large amounts of fuss at Moss Lane recently but I would have to advise you that whatever situations have occurred we have in the huge majority of cases been commended on our response either in dealing with the situation ourselves or in containing things until the arrival of the Constabulary. Our handling of the FCUM pre season situation for example was generally considered by the Police Officers who interviewed me after the event  to be more than adequate.

So I'll repeat the invitation to come and have a chat. - your comments are of course very valid and we always welcome constructive comments but I think that maybe your point is not really in relation to what I believe Darren was trying to get at in his original posting.

Cheers

Phil

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2007, 09:56:06 PM »

Thanks to everyone who has voted and left a reply it has been very intresting reading all the posts and getting different opions.

Thank you
@AltyDaz

bighairedmike

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2007, 10:36:01 PM »

stewarding at the f.c united match was great. they dealt with the problem quickly and efficiently. well done to all of thm. glad we have such decent stewards, which is totally different to some other grounds. we can all watch the matches in peace knowin that the stewardsa are there and, after seeing them in action, capable of dealing with such situations as f.c united. thanks again, and a pat on the back to you all. keep up the good work
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team