Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2018, 08:46:26 PM
270630 Posts in 22132 Topics by 2238 Members
Latest Member: Daycaredan
www.altyfans.co.uk  |  General Category  |  Altrincham FC First Team  |  Stockport - Match Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Stockport - Match Thread  (Read 1814 times)
Timperley The Best
Regular First Team

Like this post? +75/-160

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Today at 07:01:13 PM »

Wrong to bring unfit Poole on. 598 in away end chief Steward said to me on way out.

Poor second hAlf and not enough players wanting it. Real shame as I thought they were poor.

652  according to Twitter , we haven't scored  in our last 3 games  at county ! lets hope this changes on Boxing Day.
MarpleAlty
Regular First Team

Like this post? +22/-99

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Today at 07:27:46 PM »

Gutted about that - they were average and naturally scored the one time they got the ball into put box following a couple of minutes of pressure before that. We played some lovely stuff prior to that, but never really threatened enough.

Not sure why Dale was hooked before JJ - the latter really wasn't at the races.
MadFrankie
Regular First Team

Like this post? +118/-202

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Today at 07:29:05 PM »

Great support from the robins
Must say the Stockport steward set up was shambolic- did they expect Bracknell or something turning up?

Pretty sure they were monitoring the number of arriving fans and as soon as was necessary moved the netting along. Why they have home fans in that stand at all beats me when the Cheadle end is a quarter full.
Compare and contrast with the way that we allow away teams free reign of Moss Lane.

Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover
Mrs Trellis
Youth \ Reserve Team

Like this post? +12/-12

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Today at 07:57:10 PM »

My first game of the season and, alas, I found it to be a dispiriting experience.

Stockport's 1-0 lead at half-time was unmerited, however the second half amounted to nothing more than a meek capitulation by Alty and it could have easily ended up as a 4-0 defeat.

It was one-dimensional stuff from Parkinson and there seems to be a complete absence of a Plan B.

Both Dale and Johnston were frail, lightweight and unproductive and Hulme was left outnumbered and condemned to plough a thankless furrow.

Williams was doing quite well, however his replacement Poole was anonymous. Harrop appears to have plenty of skill but he does seem to overcomplicate matters unnecessarily.

Not impressed by either Jones or Hannigan. Indeed, County just looked more physically imposing than us.

That was an instance of a huge opportunity being tamely squandered.

A worthy write up, disappointing though it may be to read, and a pleasure to see such poetic prose put to good effect.  I doff my cap, sir.

Andrew Flynn
Regular First Team

Like this post? +293/-303

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Today at 08:19:37 PM »

Great support from the robins
Must say the Stockport steward set up was shambolic- did they expect Bracknell or something turning up?

Pretty sure they were monitoring the number of arriving fans and as soon as was necessary moved the netting along. Why they have home fans in that stand at all beats me when the Cheadle end is a quarter full.
Compare and contrast with the way that we allow away teams free reign of Moss Lane.

Yep.

Still Fabio Bassangue's English tutor.
AFC56
Regular First Team

Like this post? +97/-51

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Today at 08:38:01 PM »

We dominated for the first half hour, passed the ball well and it was a shame that Andy White couldn’t score with only the keeper to beat. If that went in I think we’d be in the hat for the first round. In the second half we never really looked like scoring and in cup games when it’s tight you have to stay in the game and not give away such soft goals. We are definitely conceding too many goals and we need to work out why.
Thought Sean Williams and Connor Hampson were superb.
Alty Dave
Regular First Team

Like this post? +75/-101

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Today at 08:40:11 PM »

Think the support today was absolutely superb, 600+ Well done to us all for turning out in great numbers.

I hope Phil, learns from today, we need a better plan B. He is still a young learning manager and so are most of the players.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
« previous next »
    Jump to: