News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sorry to bring this up again...

Author Topic: Sorry to bring this up again...  (Read 4219 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 02, 2009, 02:54:13 PM »

The more i think about it,the more it annoys me.How can the FA & the county FA be at odds over what is a 1st team fixture & what is not.The club really need to lobby the FA over next weeks game.The cheshire FA Stipulate you must play your strongest X1 so its a first team game.Kearney and Smith should be available for the chester game.The club should at least ask the FA for a written explanation of how they can say its not a first team game yet the ches FA insist they are banned,Its a 3 game ban NOT 4...

Daycare Dan

Re: Sorry to bring this up again...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 04:57:49 PM »

Should the FA's stance not overrule the local FA? How do other local FA's handle this Man U and City don't play their first teams, and neither did Stockport County or other local league sides?

Typical FA, they don't know FA!!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 05:40:29 PM »

As I feel sure we have discussed before this is to prevent a situation where a Club 'manages' a suspension.

For example Man Utd saying that a Manchester County Cup tie should count as one of, for example, Wayne Rooney or Dimitar Berbatov's suspension games so that they are available to face, for example Chelsea or Liverpool or play in an FA Cup Semi Final.

It's unfortunate that we've caught the rough end of this again

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 05:53:17 PM »

For example Man Utd saying that a Manchester County Cup tie should count as one of, for example, Wayne Rooney or Dimitar Berbatov's suspension games so that they are available to face, for example Chelsea or Liverpool or play in an FA Cup Semi Final.

The above example bears no comparison with our situation, because the Cheshire FA deems their competition to be a first team competition and actually takes sanctions against clubs which do not field their strongest possible lineup.

It would make far more sense to stop clubs deliberately moving fixtures to suit their own ends rather than having the current contradictory set of rules.
Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 06:04:25 PM »

I was thinking along the same lines.Seeing as there are punishments/sanctions for failing to play your first team in the csc,where there isnt in for example the manchester cup,I cant see how this situation has arisen.I fully see your point phil,but in an instance like this when the fixture was scheduled months ago,its a poor do.Maybe the dates of these games should only be moveable by the FA themselves to stop clubs having any chance of managing suspensions in this way

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 11:52:01 PM »

What is actually more of a disgrace is the Cheshire FAs stipulation that clubs cannot charge less for this game than they can for one of their league games.

They are clueless.

fuertes

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 08:58:16 AM »

What is actually more of a disgrace is the Cheshire FAs stipulation that clubs cannot charge less for this game than they can for one of their league games.

They are clueless.

This. Didn't they claim it was to protect the away club's share of the gate receipts? I'm sure Witton Albion will be delighted with half the money from a crowd of 100  ::)

Still, I agree with Hughesy. How a three-match ban results in a player being out for four games I just do not know. Farcical.

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 09:10:57 AM »

To be fair, if we got through to a third round tie with Chelsea, and they decided to drop the gate prices we wouldn't be too happy.

markecky

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 09:20:03 AM »

To be fair, if we got through to a third round tie with Chelsea, and they decided to drop the gate prices we wouldn't be too happy.

Don't agree.. I'd full expect Chelsea to drop the gate prices or I probably couldn't go!

If they left them at £45 then I don't that many Chelsea fans would be bothered about watch them hammer a non league side.  If they reduced them to £20 then I reckon the receipts would be more.

Doesn't apply to the CSC of course...

fuertes

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 09:27:04 AM »

Don't agree.. I'd full expect Chelsea to drop the gate prices or I probably couldn't go!

If they left them at £45 then I don't that many Chelsea fans would be bothered about watch them hammer a non league side.  If they reduced them to £20 then I reckon the receipts would be more.

Doesn't apply to the CSC of course...

Summed-up perfectly and Goodwin-worthy.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 04:47:02 PM »

On the grounds of managing suspensions lets pass over Jeff's automatic one match ban being expended between the Saturday first Orient game and the Wednesday replay with a CSC match at Moss Rose: "Altrincham have made 10 changes to the programme".  The one player to keep his place: Graham Heathcote.  The result Macc 1 Alty Reserves 1.

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 08:38:05 AM »

Just to add,I think that I am right in saying that a Cheshire Senior Cup
match takes precedent over a Conference match,so another reason
why this should count up on any suspensions.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team