PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Striker signing
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Striker signing  (Read 4139 times)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Striker signing
« on: November 20, 2009, 01:43:33 PM »

From official site:

Altrincham FC have signed 6ft 4in striker John McAliskey from Witton Albion. John impressed when playing against Altrincham recently in the Cheshire Senior Cup. He was born on 2.9.84 in Huddersfield, and played in the Football League for Huddersfield Town between 2003 and 2007, appearing in 16(+32) games in all categories and scoring 7 goals. Whilst with Huddersfield he had loan spells at Torquay United (30/9/05 to 30/11/05, playing 3 games) and Wrexham (19/9/06 to 19/10/06, playing 4 games). He then played League football for Mansfield Town from 1/8/07, playing 11(+9) games in all competitions and netting 2 goals. The Stags released him on 27 March 2008 and he joined Alfreton Town.
John had only joined Witton Albion in October 2009, having previously been at Salford City and Northwich Victoria. In September 2009 he had also registered with Alsager Town. He will wear squad number 17.

Sounds just what we need.

markecky

Re: Striker signing
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 01:52:09 PM »

Seems to have had a few issues going back a couple of years and failed to impress at Mansfield and Wrexham. 

However I've heard he has sorted his head out now and is keen to get back to a decent level again.  He was only playing at Witton to get some games in.

6ft 4"...nice stuff. 

"Denham...swings it in...McAliskey..knocks it down to Little..goaooool..Little grabs his fourth of the game"

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 01:59:49 PM »

How did he look in the CSC match?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 02:02:43 PM »

Seems to have had a few issues going back a couple of years and failed to impress at Mansfield and Wrexham. 

However I've heard he has sorted his head out now and is keen to get back to a decent level again.  He was only playing at Witton to get some games in.

6ft 4"...nice stuff. 

"Denham...swings it in...McAliskey..knocks it down to Little..goaooool..Little grabs his fourth of the game"

Ecky I share you excitement about us getting a new striker.. Sadly I cannot share your optimism  for Col to score 4 tomorrow mainly due to the fact that that Chrissy D is out matey..

I can see Little and Senior benefiting from knock downs and flick ons though.

;) :D

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 02:03:35 PM »

How did he look in the CSC match?

The ball boys looked good in that game Leon.. We didnt really show up matey.

Narcissist

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 02:13:31 PM »

Welcome on-board John, good luck in the red n white stripes and do us proud!

Jukes

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 02:24:11 PM »

Phew thought you were going to pinch one of our good players for a while then. Just kidding good luck to Macca on his move, he didn't set the world alight with us, for a big lad dosen't win much in the air and likes the ball played to him, won't see him chasing after much. All that said maybe he thought being at Witton was below him. I will watch his progress with interest and hope he raises his game to the new challenge.

fuertes

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 02:53:41 PM »

Phew thought you were going to pinch one of our good players for a while then. Just kidding good luck to Macca on his move, he didn't set the world alight with us, for a big lad dosen't win much in the air and likes the ball played to him, won't see him chasing after much. All that said maybe he thought being at Witton was below him. I will watch his progress with interest and hope he raises his game to the new challenge.

I've heard the same, actually not great in the air, but is able to hold the ball up decently when it goes into feet. That's something.

fuertes

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 03:22:45 PM »

Here he is in action  :D

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 05:17:12 PM »

John McAliskey was very highly rated at Huddersfield a few years back. I was lucky enough to play against him with Huddersfield and he was excellent. Like Ecky says, seem to have just drifted out but a lot of players do that for whatever reason and they just need to settle at a good club or the appropriate level to get back on their feet.

Dale hadn't set the world alight before coming here and Aaron Burns will be a far better player for us than he ever was for Northwic (or to a lesser extent FC United).

And if nothing else he will plug the gap we've got for a target man which is currently our achilles heel.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 05:51:25 PM »

We have needed a proper big lad up front for a long time. I hope he can be a right nuisance in the box. Good luck to him and welcome.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

andrewflynn

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 05:59:26 PM »

Maybe all the long ball's we've started to throw forward will now have a result!

Butty

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 08:22:40 PM »

Sounds like almost a like for like replacement for Dale (but on a budget, obviously). Tall, not the best in the air and likes the ball to feet.

JonnyKeen

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 08:46:35 PM »

Aww, cool. =D I got a good feeling about him. But then again I had a good feeling about Antonio Bryans...Well good luck to him, and can't wait to see what he's like tommorow. At least we managed to get something out of the Witton game.

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2009, 10:11:29 PM »

been speaking to him on facebook, seems like a safe guy
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Striker signing