PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Christmas Party/John McAlinsky chant
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Christmas Party/John McAlinsky chant  (Read 12160 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 26, 2009, 08:40:49 AM »

Hi Gangstas

I am just going to put this idea past those fans, myself included, who are attending the Christmas Party this weekend. At the Chester game I heard a new chant relating to our new player, John McAliskey, based the La Macerana song. The song is well popular from earlier disco eras, and has a specific dance which rotates through 360 degrees which I am sure most if not all of you will know.

I would love to adapt this chant and dance to the terraces. I know some of you will think I'm barmy but imagine the laughs we could have as we rotate the dance from side to side through 180 degrees (never turn your back on a game) together with the chant on the popular side, plus the away fans reaction in the away end.

Going even further, we could debut it at the Christmas Party this Saturday. We just need a few of us to get up and ask the DJ to play the song. My wife and I know the dance well as I am sure a lot of you do, all we have to do is sing during the chorus...

John McA.McA.McA.McA.McAliskey etc

It will also make the Christmas party even more fun, but to be successful and to gain courage from one another, there needs to be quite a few of us on the dancefloor. It will be a riot, and our chance to do our bit towards the entertainment and make everyone laugh. I bet John McAliskey and his girlfriend/wife will love it if they are there.

Any body remember the dance? Arms out, hands downwards, then turn upwards one at a time, then cross arms one at a time, then hands on hips one at a time, swivel hips, then turn 90 degrees and start again.

Have some thoughts, we already have an awesome reputation for noise on the terraces, imagine if we dance also in adaption of the song. Is anybody brave enough to do a slot during the party, I am game if any others are.

Comments please, or does everybody think I am doolally.

RedWhiteRedWhite

Re: Christmas Party/John McAlinsky chant
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 08:58:14 AM »

"Doolally" is somewhat short of the mark in my estimation...

taxi Phil

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 09:43:18 AM »

My ex-wife reckoned I have three left feet. Just as she'd worked out where the two obvious ones were going, the third one would appear from nowhere and crush her toes, or kick her shin. Dancing ? Sorry mate - but interesting idea nonetheless !

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 09:59:24 AM »

My ex-wife reckoned I have three left feet. Just as she'd worked out where the two obvious ones were going, the third one would appear from nowhere and crush her toes, or kick her shin. Dancing ? Sorry mate - but interesting idea nonetheless !

I reckon if you watch Strictly for the next couple of Saturdays you would be ok  ;)

markecky

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 09:59:57 AM »

After the third reading of it Steve, I am starting to think you may be serious.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 11:20:10 AM »

errr no.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

markecky

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 11:21:41 AM »

joe

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 11:32:59 AM »

My office is now wondering why i'm roaring uncontrollably! Class!

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 01:30:19 PM »

I can remember a time not TOO long ago when the image of that bottle of meths would have accompanied talk of the playoffs, rather than the present topic !

Jezza

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 01:30:53 PM »

Maybe we could get Jedward involved?

Although this is is the most ludicrous idea I have heard for a long time on this forum I can actually see it catching on.....you may have started something here........

PMSL ROFL etc

markecky

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 02:46:30 PM »

I keep re-reading it and finding funnier bits!!

Hi Gangstas will now be my new greeting to groups of people!

And John McAliskey and his wife would love it?....I doubt he'd be able to enter a football dressing room again to be honest if that happened at the Christmas do!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 05:56:51 PM »

It will never match the Dave Furnival 'Funky Chicken' dance craze of 1975.....   
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

RocketDan

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 06:30:59 PM »

I had that chant in my head all day Tuesday.

If you start i will join in.

Dan from Sale

Longman

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2009, 06:41:46 PM »

Hi Gangstas

I am just going to put this idea past those fans, myself included, who are attending the Christmas Party this weekend. At the Chester game I heard a new chant relating to our new player, John McAliskey, based the La Macerana song. The song is well popular from earlier disco eras, and has a specific dance which rotates through 360 degrees which I am sure most if not all of you will know.

I would love to adapt this chant and dance to the terraces. I know some of you will think I'm barmy but imagine the laughs we could have as we rotate the dance from side to side through 180 degrees (never turn your back on a game) together with the chant on the popular side, plus the away fans reaction in the away end.

Going even further, we could debut it at the Christmas Party this Saturday. We just need a few of us to get up and ask the DJ to play the song. My wife and I know the dance well as I am sure a lot of you do, all we have to do is sing during the chorus...

John McA.McA.McA.McA.McAliskey etc

It will also make the Christmas party even more fun, but to be successful and to gain courage from one another, there needs to be quite a few of us on the dancefloor. It will be a riot, and our chance to do our bit towards the entertainment and make everyone laugh. I bet John McAliskey and his girlfriend/wife will love it if they are there.

Any body remember the dance? Arms out, hands downwards, then turn upwards one at a time, then cross arms one at a time, then hands on hips one at a time, swivel hips, then turn 90 degrees and start again.

Have some thoughts, we already have an awesome reputation for noise on the terraces, imagine if we dance also in adaption of the song. Is anybody brave enough to do a slot during the party, I am game if any others are.

Comments please, or does everybody think I am doolally.

Oh my word.

Butty

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2009, 06:48:47 PM »

The only problem I can find with that post, is that you missed out the hands on head part of the dance  ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team