PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Histon match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Histon match thread  (Read 15117 times)

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

Re: Histon match thread
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2009, 09:11:49 PM »

Never looked like conceeding
We are a hard side to beat away
We don't ship lots of goals any more
Borderline play-off candidates
Proud to be Alty!

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2009, 05:46:32 PM »

I thought we put in a very solid performance yesterday and in particular defended superbly. It does limit our attacking options a bit but the back five of Densmore-Williams-Smith-Young-Doughty looks so balanced and strong that I'd be tempted to play that system in every game.

I also thought Danylyk had a really good game and McAliskey looked pretty good, on balance. He's clearly not the quickest and it did seem like he simply didn't react to Senior's second half shot across goal, which should have given him a tap-in. But he won a lot of headers in the first half especially and showed some nice touches. He is exactly the kind of player we needed and the team fits together much better with him in it.

So a good day for Alty, which could easily have been even better. As for Histon, on the pitch they're clearly not the team they were. And off it, they remain as soulless and pointless a club as always.

Longman

« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2009, 06:01:11 PM »

Excellent performance yesterday, with Danylyk, Williams, Young and Senior being my stand out performers.

We are so much more solid away from home it's crazy, we worked hard all over the park to a man yesterday and deserved more than a point.

We need a prolific goalscorer now that Little is getting on, as we are simply not clinical enough in front of goal, not easy to come by though!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2009, 09:01:40 PM »

As for Histon, on the pitch they're clearly not the team they were. And off it, they remain as soulless and pointless a club as always.

That's a bit unfair really. Their fans were certainly quiet but it's a nice enough and welcoming place to visit. Very "Unibond" in many ways.
Come on Alty!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2009, 09:43:09 PM »

No, Leon has this spot on for me. I'd say as with last year the actual crowd looked more like the 500 bracket than the announced 650 odd. For virtually the entire game there was no vocal support/backing or passion from the vast majority of the home crowd for their team either, it was like being in a morgue. It's a pointless rich man's plaything a la say Colne Dynamoes back in the day and now Baldwin has left them they will only be going one way. Give me a Dover/Woking/Bath anyday rather than Histon, ie a proper club with a bit of heritage and support from the town than some plastic plaything who have been promoted way above their natural level on the back of one mans cash.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2009, 10:06:57 AM »

As for Histon, on the pitch they're clearly not the team they were. And off it, they remain as soulless and pointless a club as always.

That's a bit unfair really. Their fans were certainly quiet but it's a nice enough and welcoming place to visit. Very "Unibond" in many ways.

I wouldn't disagree with that: the Histon fans I've spoken to at the three games we've played there have all been perfectly pleasant. But I do always get the feeling during the matches that none of their fans really gives a monkey's and that, say if it was announced the club was going to fold, the people who do turn up to their games would simply do something else every other Saturday and it would disappear without a whimper. I may be wrong about that but that's the feeling I get.

JT

« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2009, 11:47:22 AM »

I couldn't believe this when i heard this, but the Histon team that we apparently (wasn't there) outplayed on Saturday, had a wage bill of £15,000 a week!

Considering that is 2 and a half times the size of ours, i think a big well done is due all round!!

Also been told that their directors were saying how they need to cut down to the size of our wage bill.  Wouldn't be suprised to see Histon drop down the table in the near future if that's the case.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Histon match thread