Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Smash, bang, wallop what a performance!!!!!!!

Author Topic: Smash, bang, wallop what a performance!!!!!!!  (Read 5017 times)

teasybeaver

« on: January 06, 2007, 07:29:58 PM »

Well done lads! We were head and shoulders above them today because we wanted it so much more than they did. Our midfield looked fantastic today Chalmers and Owen were like 2 warriors battling in the middle and Rushden looked like they didn't want to get involved.

It was terribly out of order to give the Rushden players so much abuse after the whistle went for full-time. I hope all who took part are ashamed in themselves, its not what football is all about and they should complain to the FA about our squalid behaviour! only joking, it was the funniest thing i've ever seen at moss lane and their gutless overpaid wasters deserved it! I think their manager will have took them to the other side of the pitch and told them thats what they deserved, totally enjoyed it!

Alty FC Idol

Re: Smash, bang, wallop what a performance!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 08:18:49 PM »

Like it! ;D ;D ;D ;D

teasybeaver

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 08:43:38 PM »

One of their midfielders jogged past and tried to give some back but then looked around and kind of wimpered away with the words firmly stuck in his throat. I mean, what was he going to say? "You're all really nasty!"

They'll react in 2 ways to that; someone's going to get a massive tonking next week from a revenge hungry Diamonds or they'll freefall into the conference south along with their wounded pride.

I'd like to say i felt sorry for them but it was hard not to abuse a club who tried to buy everyone including fans. Someones dream was to just invent a club and show everyone how easy it is, whilst the real clubs like Alty and countless others struggle in the reality of modern football.

Sorry Rushden but that really has been coming since we paraded your pitch in our conference swan-song all those years ago, Welcome back to the Conference!

louise1925

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 09:45:22 AM »

I also don't feel sorry for Rushden FC, though I suspect the few fans who travelled from Northamptonshire were the genuine fans of the club and I feel for them. I don't think they deserve to see their expensive side played off the pitch in every way by a part time club,  but there you go. Perhaps they were a little unfortunate in that it was probably the best display we've put on this season. I missed the Vics game, but I doubt whether the lads could have put in as much grit and determination as they did yesterday. Impossible to single out outstanding individuals, but if a league scout was present that will certainly be 'goodbye' to Mr. Chalmers. Was proud to be an Alty fan yesterday. Very proud. And over 1000 Alty fans too - it's looking pretty good.
AltyBri

Altysmiffy

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 11:33:33 AM »

I don't mind "Goodbye Mr Chalmers,"..........

As long as there is a couple of hundred grand involved!!!!!!

And Accrington aren't involved!!!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 11:41:04 AM »

Rushden players did not come in the bar after the match, which meant we could have their sandwiches so a good day all round.

I do think that there players are frauds though and will be found out, they CAN'T be full time footballers .. No really they can't.

Settle for a cup exit to them now we have the 3 very valuable points. Another set of fans who sing "Is that all you take away" to us but get double our home gate but brought less.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 12:03:50 PM »

I feel sorry for the genuine Rushden fans but they are now victims of their own success.  They inflated spending in the Conference in the first place, the money's now gone and they can't compete like they used to.  I always thought they'd sort of prosper when Griggs packed it in because they'd spent on the infrastructure too. 

As for us, we were excellent - totally committed and O'Neill took his goals really well.  It was a stupid late goal to concede, but we were well worth the win.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 12:06:28 PM »

Agree fully Bob, Peter worries me sometimes, is it time to bring back Rosie?

It was torture at the end for a couple of minutes, but we deserved the win.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 10:02:22 PM »

Band played very well yesterday and was defensively sound.

However the clearance that led directly to their goal was poor, unfortunately the distribution aspect of his game is quite questionable.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

triumphant

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 10:20:37 PM »

I have to agree that the goal conceded was a sickener after a well-crafted performance. But I don't believe Peter Band was to blame for the goal. That ball belonged to Stuart Coburn, but he did not call for it, instead Band was put off by Coburn's presence. This is a recurring theme in Stuart's otherwise brilliant performances. He's done it twice recently with mix-ups with Karl Munroe. He doesn't call for nor claim the ball.

Not a dig at Stuart, I just think it's unfair to have a go at Peter Band - there are others whose defensive qualities are not as great and whose distribution skills leave a lot to be desired. That said, it's great to be an Alty fan and I'm chuffed with the fighting spirit being shown by ALL players......er did someone mention Justin Bowler................

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 10:31:59 PM »

That ball belonged to Stuart Coburn, but he did not call for it, instead Band was put off by Coburn's presence.

I don't know whether he called for it or not, I presume you must have been close enough to hear. Coburn certainly came far enough out of his goal to make it quite clear that he intended to collect it.

Even if Coburn didn't call for the ball this doesn't excuse the woeful clearance that followed. The clearance was what led to the goal, the quality of clearance was the fault of Band and Band only.

Not a dig at Stuart, I just think it's unfair to have a go at Peter Band - there are others whose defensive qualities are not as great and whose distribution skills leave a lot to be desired.

Out of Rose, Munroe and Band, Band's distribution is by far the poorest.

However, to reiterate; I thought he was excellent yesterday and this was the only blemish on a very good performance.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 12:22:47 AM »

I spoke to Stuart in the bar after the game he said that he started to come for it, saw the striker moving toward it, considered that Bandy was in the better position and shouted AWAY very loudly. He expected Bandy to put it in the Chip Shop so when he didn't and the R&D guy got it he (Stuart) was stuffed.

On reflection though the goal stemmed from Karl Munroe trying to chest it down rather than just clear it don't you think? (this isn't a pop at Karl in any way just an observation - Whack it into the allotments Rushden can't score - try to chest it down, invite pressure)

Altyant

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 08:43:43 PM »

I have to agree that the goal conceded was a sickener after a well-crafted performance. But I don't believe Peter Band was to blame for the goal. That ball belonged to Stuart Coburn, but he did not call for it, instead Band was put off by Coburn's presence. This is a recurring theme in Stuart's otherwise brilliant performances. He's done it twice recently with mix-ups with Karl Munroe. He doesn't call for nor claim the ball.

Not a dig at Stuart, I just think it's unfair to have a go at Peter Band - there are others whose defensive qualities are not as great and whose distribution skills leave a lot to be desired. That said, it's great to be an Alty fan and I'm chuffed with the fighting spirit being shown by ALL players......er did someone mention Justin Bowler................

Did anyone see the World Class save by Stu just before they scored?

I do wonder where all the injury time came from though!!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 09:59:52 PM »

Did anyone see the World Class save by Stu just before they scored?

Yeah but don't remind him of that.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 10:09:25 PM »

Injury time about right 3 mins for 6 subs (30 seconds each) two players injured at the same time and we scored in injury time extra 30 seconds there. By my watch we played 4 mins 17 seconds of injury time.

@AltyDaz
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team