PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Postponed
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Postponed  (Read 13091 times)

York Red

Postponed
« on: December 28, 2009, 09:26:34 AM »

Our York site is saying the game has been postponed  >:(

lukealty12

Re: Postponed
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 09:29:41 AM »

I might take some criticism for this but if its the pitch then i find it quite dissapointing as ive been two sunday league pitches yesterday and and earlier and they both looked as though they would be playable

bigcol

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 09:46:36 AM »

The topography of the stadium makes thawing times longer. Shadows, wind etc.

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 10:01:21 AM »

The topography of the stadium makes thawing times longer. Shadows, wind etc.

Was anything actually done to try to get the game on? Move the ice to give it chance to thaw, clear the stands of ice, etc.

I saw nothing on the forum for volunteers to come to the ground.

Dissapointed I needed to see football today.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 10:02:58 AM by Jenga »

mr f.trucker

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 10:02:45 AM »

I'm sure everything was done mate.

Gutted

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 10:03:47 AM »

I'm sure everything was done mate.

I had a choice of lie in or the football in the afternoon. Now I dont get either !!!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 10:08:57 AM »

There's still solid ice on the side roads around the ground so no amount of moving anything around was going to make the pitch thaw out overnight.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 10:11:19 AM »

stockport-leeds goes ahead on  their very  dodgy pitch

Maybe we should play it there then. "My mate's was walking his dog on a sunday league pitch and he texted me to tell me that it looked ok" type comments don't really help if it's Altrincham's pitch that's frozen solid.

TOTP

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 10:25:44 AM »

There were the best part of 100 people at York from 8.00am on Boxing Day clearing the pitch, they'd used the snow as a cover to keep the frost off. It seems slightly strange that there's a kind of half arsed message at 9.30 from Alty, "Pitch looks a bit frozen so we're not bothering". Given that there'll likely be only half as many fans at the midweek game you've got to wonder if Alty didn't actually want to play today.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 10:37:08 AM »

I'm sure Alty want to play, although I must thank the club for the early decision it enables the away fans and us exiles to avoid a fruitless and possibly dangerous journey, summer footy enyone ? Alty 100%

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 10:41:45 AM »

There were the best part of 100 people at York from 8.00am on Boxing Day clearing the pitch, they'd used the snow as a cover to keep the frost off. It seems slightly strange that there's a kind of half arsed message at 9.30 from Alty, "Pitch looks a bit frozen so we're not bothering". Given that there'll likely be only half as many fans at the midweek game you've got to wonder if Alty didn't actually want to play today.

Thanks, next time the pitch is flooded and a load of us spend the morning clearing water off the pitch so you can have a day out i'll remember that.

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 10:58:40 AM »

Alty USA looking at prospect of not seeing Alty at all this season.  Here's hoping we get a
game on Friday:(

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 11:04:13 AM »

Yes, so Alty who have not played a game now since December 15th I'm sure we were just itching to get our 3rd league game in the last 10 days postponed so we can have a nice Tuesday night pile up in the new year whilst simultaeneously halving the gate receipts when we do play York on a Tuesday now. Have you ever played football on an icy pitch? just becasue the snow has melted doesn't mean the pitch is safe to play on.

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 11:15:52 AM »

No surprise it's off to be honest.

If, like me, you just want to get out of the house for a beer or two and watch some football as an excuse to go somewhere, a couple of us are going to Stalybridge v Southport (which I think is 7th v 1st in Conf North) so you are welcome to come along.

We will be in the pub near the ground from about 2pm.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 11:18:10 AM »

At the end of the day the ref called it off not Alty. Currently -2 here and visibility only 50m in freezing fog. It was the rain that cleared most of the snow away yesterday and left about 10% behind. Pitch is frozen in other areas. If the snow had remained perhaps it could have been cleared and the pitch would have been playable. By the way I have never seen such icy conditions as we have had in this area in memory, but if you drive a few miles away the conditions are not as bad!
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Postponed