PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Postponed
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Postponed  (Read 13087 times)

TOTP

Re: Postponed
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 12:55:48 PM »

Had you had a competent ground staff, a useful number of fans to throw a cover over the frozen area and take it off in the morning and somebody at the club who was able to watch, and understand a weather forecast, perhaps there wouldn't have been a problem.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 01:08:09 PM »

Fair comment, I wish the game was on also. Looks like next week hopefully (Tuesday night).

mr f.trucker

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 01:12:10 PM »

TOPT,Really those comments are poor.

TOTP

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 02:27:58 PM »

Down the road Stockport's games goes ahead but they had an appeal for fans to help clear the pitch, as did we. I'm sure some of you understand our disappointment, how did we and Stockport realise it would be a problem before pitch inspection time and the Alty staff didn't? More disappointing is the fact that it's only a couple of small areas of the pitch not that the whole playing area was all under 6 feet of snow. We had the same thing at Grays before Xmas, at the time of the pitch inspection 1.15, only the goal areas had been cleared.

I've enjoyed our time in the conference, we've been to new places and met new people and I generally haven't subscribed to the football snobbery of some, but it's not rocket science is it? Throw a blanket over it and brush the snow off FFS!

markecky

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 02:31:30 PM »

Do you think its been postponed because no-one had a brush and thought of brushing the snow off?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 02:34:26 PM »

Down the road Stockport's games goes ahead but they had an appeal for fans to help clear the pitch, as did we. I'm sure some of you understand our disappointment, how did we and Stockport realise it would be a problem before pitch inspection time and the Alty staff didn't? More disappointing is the fact that it's only a couple of small areas of the pitch not that the whole playing area was all under 6 feet of snow. We had the same thing at Grays before Xmas, at the time of the pitch inspection 1.15, only the goal areas had been cleared.

I've enjoyed our time in the conference, we've been to new places and met new people and I generally haven't subscribed to the football snobbery of some, but it's not rocket science is it? Throw a blanket over it and brush the snow off FFS!

I love how some people have suddenly gained diplomas in weather overnight, sometimes it isnt as simple as 'brushing a bit of snow' off the pitch, the frost can be several inches thick. Why not ring the club direct and tell Heatchcote your thoughts instead of spouting off on here, we're all disappointed ffs !

joe

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 02:38:23 PM »

You're comments make you sound like a complete knob jockey TOTP. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009, 04:06:09 PM »

Did you not see the huge heaters and tents that Stockport had covering and heating the pitch at Edgeley park (which belonged to Sale Sharks incidentally) for 3 days? If it hadn't been for them that game would've been off, nothing to do with volunteers. If I find a spare £20,000 down the back of the settee we'll get some of those eh?

I won't bore you with the amount of times I've been part of a volunteer force clearing snow/forking the ptich on the morning of a game over the years (and a lot of other people have done it a lot more) but do you really think  it's never been thought of? FFS!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2009, 04:25:14 PM »

Weve only been hosting football matches for 106 years,so as youll see we're new to this lark and didnt think of taking action to get the game on.......

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2009, 06:18:40 PM »

Had you had a competent ground staff, a useful number of fans to throw a cover over the frozen area and take it off in the morning and somebody at the club who was able to watch, and understand a weather forecast, perhaps there wouldn't have been a problem.

Cock!
Come on Alty!

York Alty

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2009, 06:34:08 PM »

it's not TOTPs fault he's an arsehole.  I blame the parents.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2009, 07:43:13 PM »

Picture taken today at 10.30 an hour after it was called off. If you look carefully you can see the groundmans fork who spent most of yesterday trying to prepare the pitch for todays game.
Note you cannot even see golf road.

@AltyDaz

bighairedmike

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2009, 07:44:42 PM »

You need a better camera darren, its a big misty.  

How about that new video camera you've invested in.  ;)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2009, 08:09:15 PM »

I really do think that the club did everything in its power to get the game on folks... It serves no one any good to have games called off.

All the talk of covers, heaters, and the like are all well and good but they do have to be paid for..

Its winter, It gets fkn cold and the ground freezes, thats what happens....

It is frustrating when games are called off but lets have a reality check...

Climate change?  "My Arse"
 ;)

York Alty

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2009, 08:22:15 PM »

any comment TOTP?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Postponed