PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham game on New Year's Day
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Wrexham game on New Year's Day  (Read 14635 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wrexham game on New Year's Day
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 11:51:33 PM »

I trust you'll be charging up Mrs Cult's hairdryer in order to try and beat the big freeze on Friday morning?   ;)

I have an even better plan, ALTY 1981....

I intend to rile her by making several derogatory comments about Shrewsbury Town FC circa 7.00am on New Year's Day....before dashing across the road to Moss Lane.

The furious old dragon will then pursue me and breathe her fire on the pitch, thereby thawing the frost and rendering the surface perfectly playable.

(As you may have gathered, the present Mrs Cult does not read this Forum....but I suspect that a certain George Heslop Esq. might just relate the contents of this post to her in the near future. I blame Les Dawson...).

« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 11:53:35 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

george

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2009, 12:07:30 AM »

I AM FED UP OF READING SW's comments from down South. Yes we've got 1 F/T Employee & THE REST have got other jobs & help @ the ground in their personal free time. Having supported the club for 61 years * been  a volunteer on the Staff over 35 years but have now decided to stop answering or replying to stupid whingeing, complaining comments from nameless people like

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 08:08:59 AM »

Here we go again, the club has been shut since Monday.

Part time and proud of it................becoming a bit embarrassing I'd say.

Slag me/Peake me but it really isn't good enough.

Local councils have been struggling to keep major routes open throughout the country for the last 2 weeks and they have an army of staff and equipment.  As posted Alty have 1 FT member of staff and lots of willing volunteers who do a fantastic job all year round.. I think you really need to get a proper perspective on things here...

Wrexham havent played a game over the xmas period and not too many moons ago they were a league outfit.

Part time and proud of it? Most certainly...

I am sure the club do there utmost to get these games on...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 08:13:32 AM by distancetraveller »

baldrick

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009, 08:45:23 AM »

The weather is improving so if the pitch is not playable on Friday can't the game be played on Saturday or Sunday instead of another evening match?

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2009, 09:05:55 AM »

The weather is improving so if the pitch is not playable on Friday can't the game be played on Saturday or Sunday instead of another evening match?

Billy big time Dean Saunders probably has other plans for the weekend. I expect that he'll be signing another 20 ex-league players, or taking his current players training on an astro turf pitch while dreaming of that elusive 9 points in a week.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Narcissist

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2009, 01:17:16 PM »

Yes ok Mark, I understand what you say.

I just feel that we really are as a club underperforming administratively and it is on occasion rather embarrassing.

I am not criticising any individuals here either, but we are poor when compered to other clubs.

what could we do administratively to get the match on? Perhaps we could file paperwork on the pitch?

Feel free to suggest ideas SW. I have one suggestion, which is to chip in for a cover for the pitch. I will happily chip I'm the 1st 50 quid. That's the ammount of money I haven't given the club due to 3 matches postponed in last 12 months due frozen pitch.

I think that's better than wasting time slating the club setup

Altyroo

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2009, 01:35:03 PM »

This club need to wise up and get prepared, unless you think chucking good money away is ok. No management over Xmas, except GH, Chairman away, Grahame in hospital.......clearly no fault there.

I am very fckn sick of the team I've supported for all my life being an amateur set up. Modernise and get where you should be.
[/quote]

Ok. So lets throw money we havnt got into being big time charlies and end up like Northwich & Chester.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2009, 01:45:17 PM »

Here we go again, the club has been shut since Monday.

Part time and proud of it................becoming a bit embarrassing I'd say.

Slag me/Peake me but it really isn't good enough.

Hey.......I believe that Ecky created another forum page for people like you.  A page where you can continue to post your ill considered comments for the other clowns to read.

I think we should appoint a Director of Football to ensure this does not happen again - maybe Morrell Maison at Chester would like to come in or even Steven Vaughan, Mike Connett or the Majeed brothers ?

Get real, the club is effectively run by a very busy band of volunteers and your comments are an insult to them. Why don't you get a job up here and pitch in.....alternatively just shut up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 01:47:20 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Altyroo

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2009, 01:46:55 PM »

Here here Mick. Good reply.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2009, 04:31:14 PM »

To be fair to SW, I don't think for one moment that he is suggesting that we should appoint a Director Of Football of pursue the financial model pioneered by Jim Rushe at Vics.

If there's a problem here, then it's a recurring one: a lack of communication from the club, in this case regarding their efforts to stage the York and Wrexham matches.

If, as has been intimated on here, the option of investing in covers for the pitch has been duly explored and rejected on financial grounds, then please tell us!
We know it would cost money....but continually losing matches to frozen pitches is costing us thousands of pounds of potential revenue.
Could an appeal fund be launched, perhaps?

If Manchester United have been approached to see if they could help in any way but this has proved fruitless, then, again, get the information into the public domain.

Our Chairman may be on holiday and our Vice Chairman recuperating from surgery....but the club still had two Press Officers at the last count, so why couldn't a press release have been issued and placed on the official website?

This would at least then eradicate any (false) perceptions (particularly from the supporters of other teams) that the club has not taken any measures to try and fulfil these fixtures.

There's no rule that states that you can't be both part-time and professional simultaneously.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 04:34:00 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2009, 04:42:36 PM »

Thanks Cult, my point made in a more eloquent way.

I'm at a loss to understand much of this, especially the blinkered approach many have that the club can do no wrong, we should just sit back and accept etc, etc.

I think I'll take a break from here for a while as my opinions on the club and it wasting potential revenue are so worthless.

Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2009, 04:44:29 PM »

I AM FED UP OF READING SW's comments from down South. Yes we've got 1 F/T Employee & THE REST have got other jobs & help @ the ground in their personal free time. Having supported the club for 61 years * been  a volunteer on the Staff over 35 years but have now decided to stop answering or replying to stupid whingeing, complaining comments from nameless people like

Mister Heslop,

How can your wife, the Lady Jenny Heslop, possibly not qualify as a full-time employee at Moss Lane?

The poor woman is never away from the place!

Mind you, seriously, can you blame her for not wanting to go home....?

george

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2009, 05:07:39 PM »

REMINDER TO THE CULT JENNY IS PART-TIME EMPLOYEE AS MATCH DAYS ETC., ARE DONE AS A VOLUNTEER. AS ARE ALL THE PEOPLE WORKING AT THE CLUB TODAY.

thegazelle

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2009, 05:10:11 PM »

If i had the choice of going home to George or being behind the bar (amongst many other worthwhile jobs)

george Pub george pub pub george george pub pub george

i would choose the bar option every time.

Happy New year everyone
heh heh

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2009, 06:41:31 PM »

Thanks Cult, my point made in a more eloquent way.

I'm at a loss to understand much of this, especially the blinkered approach many have that the club can do no wrong, we should just sit back and accept etc, etc.

I think I'll take a break from here for a while as my opinions on the club and it wasting potential revenue are so worthless.

SW I dont think anybody wants you to "take a break from the forum" 

I am just at a loss as to what you expect the club to do to avoid the postponements.. They cant afford any pitch protection, The forecast for tonight is -3 for the Alty area and not to get much warmer during the daylight hours. Would the frost come out of the ground?

If a local ref inspects the pitch at 10:30 (which apparently is happening and  has been posted on here on another topic) and says the pitch isnt suitable then that is that.

If a player/fan slipped due to unsafe conditions under foot, and got injured then all hell could ensue.. Possible litigation etc

Personally I would rather the game be played on a pitch that was suitable for all  rather than have players  running around like Bambi on ice, you would then get the situation where the officials of the losing team would be saying that the game shouldnt have been played etc.

I would say that people have a practical approach to all this rather than a blinkered view...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham game on New Year's Day