PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham game on New Year's Day
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Wrexham game on New Year's Day  (Read 14636 times)

York Alty

Re: Wrexham game on New Year's Day
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2009, 06:52:49 PM »

Lots of debate.  Someone raised the point about trying to get sheets for the pitch.  Do we know know much they cost?  Can we get enough to protect the strip that seems to stay frozen (by the main stand?)

can we get a second hand set?

can we start a fund?

SW is kind of right...there is stuff we can do. We cannot save every game but we can start to move the odds in our favour a wee bit.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2009, 07:11:03 PM »

Lots of debate.  Someone raised the point about trying to get sheets for the pitch.  Do we know know much they cost?  Can we get enough to protect the strip that seems to stay frozen (by the main stand?)

can we get a second hand set?

can we start a fund?

SW is kind of right...there is stuff we can do. We cannot save every game but we can start to move the odds in our favour a wee bit.

Or a nice duck down duvet?

JonnyKeen

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2009, 07:20:24 PM »

I'm absolutely dying for this game to be on...PLEASE!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2009, 07:22:31 PM »

I miss the banter on the forum between us exiles on match day.

If on the match is on national radio (if that nation is Wales) on BBC Wales
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/7656823.stm
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 07:25:15 PM by Jennifers Dad »

markecky

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2009, 08:37:46 PM »

Thanks Cult, my point made in a more eloquent way.

I'm at a loss to understand much of this, especially the blinkered approach many have that the club can do no wrong, we should just sit back and accept etc, etc.

I think I'll take a break from here for a while as my opinions on the club and it wasting potential revenue are so worthless.

Its not that your opnions are worthless, and in no way should we just accept that everything the club does is right.

I and others said many times that the club is lax at putting up posters for games and been told many times to put them up myself.  Thats not really the point.  I see that as lost revenue.

The club channels every penny it can into the playing budget and relies on volunteers to fill the gaps.

I wouldn't mind betting that the going rate for a Conference football secretary is £25,000 pa.  Ours is free and he pays his own petrol.

A matchday secretary would cost maybe £10-£15 an hour..ours is free and he buys his own chips.

Safety officer - free

Chief steward -  free

All stewards free - they don't even get a brew

Club accountant - free

PA announcer - free

I think the balboys are the top earners on 50p a match the lucky b**tards.  And it was 50p in 1986!

There are many more people that I've missed.

If we want to get more professional, and from what I know of these people they are pretty damn professional, and start paying people then so be it.  However every penny spent on this would be a penny off the playing budget.

It really hurts when you are doing your best and people with no information (granted we could maybe have been more pro active about getting info out) talk like experts on what you have done.

I was talking to Neil the groundsman about the York game was off on facebook.  He blistered his hands clearing snow from the lines and marking the pitch in the hope that it would be on.  Then he read on the forum that it was a disgrace it was off and had we even bothered to get it on.  Imagine reading that with blistered hands?

Too much criticsm can lead people to jack stuff in and say "I don't need this".  We don't have a supply of volunteers that I am aware of.

If you think the teams sh*t and they should have played a different way say it.  No worries.

If you think the managers is a clueless after a game then say it and give your reasons.

However its not fair to make assumptions about things we don't have the full facts on like how many times the groundsman has been down to the ground.

Its not perfect but we should be grateful that people do what they do to give us a game to watch.

In my opinion...

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2009, 08:47:14 PM »

For Alty to be a part time club and achieve what they do is just incredible.
I don't think any of us should be complaining, there is very little that can be done about a frozen pitch.
If the game isn't on tomorrow I will be very disappointed, as the rest of us will be, but I will rest assured that everyone at the ground has done all they can to get the game on, for little or no personal gain to themselves.
We are all lucky to support a club like Alty, let's start off next year the right way!!

ruthinred

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2009, 09:01:39 PM »

hope its on we owe you lot a stuffing

I think your a negative,  boring side to watch and play against, and have been lucky in both your victories against us

own goal, wrong sending off last april

own goal again last month, we missed penalty

were crap aswell i know, 0-0 tomorrow must be odds on

heres to two sh*te sides slugging it out tomorrow ( if its on ) happy new year alty fans

taxi Phil

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2009, 09:12:17 PM »

hope its on we owe you lot a stuffing

I think your a negative,  boring side to watch and play against, and have been lucky in both your victories against us

own goal, wrong sending off last april

own goal again last month, we missed penalty

were crap aswell i know, 0-0 tomorrow must be odds on

heres to two sh*te sides slugging it out tomorrow ( if its on ) happy new year alty fans

Negative ? Boring ? The stats indicate that the most negative boring side to watch is WREXHAM !

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2009, 09:17:15 PM »

Saunders/wrexham continue to fail to mention that we also had numerous players missing for the trophy games,and not having 30+ professional players on our books meant we had to adapt to play with what we had at our disposal.I think we will see very different tactics tomorrow to those deployed in the trophy games,but saunders wont have the nouse to work that out

York Alty

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2009, 09:18:05 PM »

cheeky monkey.

your boys practice ALL WEEK, and are still pants.

we're part time (& not pants) yet you equate yourselves with us.

how dire must your training sessions be?

fool.  go away.

markecky

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2009, 09:23:29 PM »

If you don't beat it it surely has to be Mad Deans last game?

The "we had 105 crosses and never scored" can't wash again.

ruthinred

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2009, 09:28:38 PM »

cheeky monkey.

your boys practice ALL WEEK, and are still pants.   agree

we're part time (& not pants) yet you equate yourselves with us. definitely,   slow , lots of men behind the ball even at home, look to knick a goal from a set piece, then defend again  havent been impressed at all by you in all the times weve played you. negative and boring.

how dire must your training sessions be?  very dire judging by this season

fool.  go away
..   fool yourself , will stick around thanks

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2009, 09:42:33 PM »

cheeky monkey.

your boys practice ALL WEEK, and are still pants.   agree

we're part time (& not pants) yet you equate yourselves with us. definitely,   slow , lots of men behind the ball even at home, look to knick a goal from a set piece, then defend again  havent been impressed at all by you in all the times weve played you. negative and boring.

how dire must your training sessions be?  very dire judging by this season

fool.  go away
..   fool yourself , will stick around thanks

The thing is, we've heard it all before, your about 4 seasons too late. So what if we try to 'nick' a goal then defend, we haven't a bench full of full time professionals ready to come on and whip 432 crosses into the box, nor a deluded manager to sign threm :)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2009, 09:49:15 PM »

I am just grateful we aint fkn Welsh
 ;)

ruthinred

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2009, 09:50:56 PM »

If you don't beat it it surely has to be Mad Deans last game?

The "we had 105 crosses and never scored" can't wash again.

mad dean  ;D, your sounding like one of us

he's sticking round till may unfortunately, and then if there aint a significant improvement , he's off.   ;)

he's becoming the worst manager weve ever had.  3rd biggest budget in the league aswell :'(
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham game on New Year's Day