News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE!!!

Author Topic: LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE!!!  (Read 1849 times)

VofD

« on: January 01, 2010, 11:26:03 AM »

Undefeated over the Festive Season ;) ;) ;)

DAB @ ALTY

Re: LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 11:46:58 AM »

Nothing bright for me,having watched Alty both home & away for many years,this season
I haven't been able to go to away games & I have had to miss three home games,Histon,
Gateshead, & Wrexham FAT.I even watched the three home friendly matches,so it is hard
for me to take on board that I haven't seen Alty win this season,in fact the last time I saw
us win was on the 18/4/09 last season against Gray's Ath.,when we won 2-0.So with no
games over Xmas & the weather predictions looking grim,I am wondering when will I see
a victory at Moss Lane again.Will I be better going into hibernation for the rest of the
season.

markecky

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 11:54:56 AM »

I am concerned at how the club will get the money to pay wages will be paid to be honest....it must be a real worry for the club.  Very difficult times I would say with such little income.

Anyone who doesn't usually bother with Tuesday games should do all they can to attend on Tuesday....
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 11:56:35 AM by markecky »

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 12:39:33 PM »

I will be there ECKY,as I am at all Tues.& Sat.home games.well nearly all our home games but our home form is going to improve,
as it is 2010 now & I am going to be positive,bring on York for our first game & first win of the new year.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 03:48:04 PM »

I am concerned at how the club will get the money to pay wages will be paid to be honest....it must be a real worry for the club.  Very difficult times I would say with such little income.

Anyone who doesn't usually bother with Tuesday games should do all they can to attend on Tuesday....

It's only an estimate (and probably a conservative one at that) but I reckon that the postponement of both the York and Wrexham fixtures at Moss Lane has probably lost Altrincham FC circa £15k in potential revenue.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team