News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 BBC At It Again!

Author Topic: BBC At It Again!  (Read 3074 times)

Daycare Dan

BBC At It Again!
« on: January 12, 2010, 08:30:14 AM »

"Wrexham's 1-0 FA Trophy victory over Altrincham on 15 December was their last outing but the Dragons' last league fixture was a 2-1 defeat at York City on 5 December."

Funny i thought we were in the next round, did I miss something?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/wrexham/8452811.stm

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: BBC At It Again!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 09:17:43 AM »

The BBC are fkn hopeless at covering sports reports, They are usually about 3 hours behind every other news company.

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 11:33:42 AM »

That is appauling.

thegazelle

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 04:11:04 PM »

so is your spelllink young man

Butty

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 06:46:43 PM »

See Saunders has done the maths, with 14 weeks of the season remaining and 28 fixtures reamining, they will be playing Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday and the following Saturday....

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 07:37:20 PM »

I was reading my local evening paper tonight (The Shropshire Star) and lo and behold they also reported the fact that Wrexham havent played since there 1-0 victory in the FA Trophy against Alty on Dec 15
Pse see the email below that I sent in response to the Shropshire Star Sportdesk dept.

To:  sportsdesk@shropshirestar.co.uk

Hi
I get the star delivered each day and couldnt help noticing in Tues 12 Jan 2010 issue on the back page that you report that Wrexham havent played since they beat Altrincham in FA Trophy.

I go to all Altrincham's home games and some of the away ones and I can assure you that Altrincham did in fact Beat Wrexham 1-0 in the FA Trophy after drawing the first game 0-0 at Wrexham.

I assume you got your information from the BBC News website as they also reported that Wrexham went through to the next round.

Personally I find that the BBC are not the best at reporting sports news and they are certainly a lot slower at getting the information out on their websites than most other media outlets.

Could I suggest that if your reporters need any information on Altrincham Football club that they go to http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/alty1.htm where they will find a good website and the information within is correct with regards to scores, fixtures etc etc

Maybe your reporter could indeed pay a visit to Moss Lane one day and see what a well run part time club with no debt and a realistic outlook on their ambitions is like. He then could maybe do an article on the club in the Star. I realise that Altrincham is not in Shropshire but then again neither is Wrexham, however Altrincham is at least an English Club

Regards

Ray Sant

01743 87**** (if you take up the offer and need directions)

I now await a response..  ;) :D

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 07:48:44 PM »

Excellent letter........I look forward to you introducing the learned member of the press from Salop (who thought of calling Shropshire that) to the Popside
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 07:53:25 PM »

Excellent letter........I look forward to you introducing the learned member of the press from Salop (who thought of calling Shropshire that) to the Popside

If the bugger takes up the offer I will pay for him to get in
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 BBC At It Again!