PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Whos going to afc wimbledon tomorrow?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Whos going to afc wimbledon tomorrow?  (Read 4755 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 18, 2010, 12:48:33 PM »

Ive managed to wangle it and will be in attendance,who else is taking part in this 420 midweek voyage?

markecky

Re: Whos going to afc wimbledon tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 12:51:40 PM »

I was going and then this email happened: (edited of course)

Tuesday 19th January @1.30pm-4.00pm telephone conference call with *** to run through *** proposal (***  is flying to India later on that day & cannot make meeting on the 20th)

Wednesday 20th January @ 10am - Meeting LCC at Ops site 10am -  with IT/***s/***e to run through **** proposal

Right then, about this half day on Tuesday...

AHHHHHHHH

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 12:57:57 PM »

I'll be making the 53 mile round trip!   :)

Come on Alty!!!!
Come on Alty!

tottenham alty

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 01:39:08 PM »

Will be making the £1 bus journey down the road!

Would be surprised if we take as many as to Ebbsfleet, but maybe the lure of the Trophy will tempt people out.

COMON ALTY!!!!!!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 05:13:39 PM »

At great personal sacrifice I intend to struggle there against the odds. Well a two mile walk is a two mile walk.

Actually for those driving its worth noting that parking is rather limited. The club have a decent car park but it will fill quickly and early, even with the reduced gate there will be tomorrow. There are spaces generally on the estate on the other side of the main road, otherwise its park a bit away and walk up.

Also, nearest train is Norbiton, not Kingston. That is also a good walk away, min of 10 minutes and I'd advise a printed map beforehand if you're not familiar.

No good pubs near the ground, the club bars are ok though and tend to do a real ale. The Peel nearby is a music and strippers venue. Otherwise there is The Bricklayers on Hawks Rd or for the early arrivers who fancy a good pint I'd recommend The Willoughby Arms, Willoughby Rd Kingston, not far from Norbiton Station but in the opposite direction to Kingsmeadow.

They are a pretty friendly bunch, and ok provided no one decides its funny to start MK songs/jokes, understandably.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 05:22:40 PM by SW »
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 06:08:20 PM »

Will be making the £1 bus journey down the road!

Would be surprised if we take as many as to Ebbsfleet, but maybe the lure of the Trophy will tempt people out.

COMON ALTY!!!!!!

I get the impression that we will in fact have more there tomorrow than we did at Ebbsfleet. After all if you don't see us in the south east you miss some of our very best performances these days. I shall be aiming for the train at Waterloo shortly after 5 along with a few others. A classic London Alty away day in prospect.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 07:39:54 PM »

I get the impression that we will in fact have more there tomorrow than we did at Ebbsfleet. After all if you don't see us in the south east you miss some of our very best performances these days. I shall be aiming for the train at Waterloo shortly after 5 along with a few others. A classic London Alty away day in prospect.
[/quote]

A swift 2 canner?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 07:57:10 PM »

A swift 2 canner?
[/quote]

I managed 4 cans on the journey from Waterloo to Woking last season.

I will not be repeating this feat tomorrow night.
Come on Alty!

AltyIan

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 08:05:03 PM »

what do you reckon the odds of an alty win will be?

May stick on a cheeky fiver

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 09:10:32 PM »

Treated with respect too, decent club this lot.

"The away form of our opponents suggests that we will be in for a very difficult evening and I would ask the supporters and the players to show the necessary patience if we are to get past very challenging opponents.

"Our performance at Altrincham in August was certainly one of our best displays of the season and we will have to recapture that form if we are to progress through into the next round."

With season tickets not valid for the game, there will be plenty of seats available, all of them at the lower seat price of £14 for adults, £7 for concessions and £3 for under 16s.

Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

York Alty

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 09:14:59 PM »

I don't want to be too nice to our opponents but let's face it they were dumped on from a very high height.  I have no problem whatsoever with AFCW going straight through the BSP and retaking their place in the FL. They have gone about their business in the correct way.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 09:32:21 PM »

A swift 2 canner?
[/quote]

Hendo, you could be right. IIRC it's about 20 minutes from Waterloo to Norbiton, the main stop being Clapham Junction of course, then it's at least a 10 minute walk to Kingsmeadow at the other end so a cheeky 2 canner could be done, at a push. The boy Hill has laready been tasked with getting the beers in at Waterloo.

iploughlane

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 10:57:52 PM »

Hi there. Just popped in to let you know that if you're not making the trip there will be live (but unashamedly biased) internet commentary here:

http://www.wdon.com

You're also very welcome to join us in our virtual matchday stadium where things will start getting going at about 7pm:

http://stadium.wimbledonstadium.com/

York Alty

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 11:11:47 PM »

the words the unashamedly biased commentators are looking for are:-

"superb Altrincham performance"

"Dons out battled and out fought"

"Dons humbled by a quite extraordinary performance by Altrincham"

"Well, at least the Dons can now concentrate on the league"

"Wimbledon 0 A superb Altrincham side 8"

thegazelle

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 10:27:57 AM »

One again SW you have been found to be spouting complete and utter BUNKUM i quote you

'A two mile walk is a two mile walk'

A two mile walk is actually a taxiride and an extra pint maybe even 2

there i feel better now have a great time each and everyone of you wish i was there

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team