News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Another one bites the dust (weymouth)

Author Topic: Another one bites the dust (weymouth)  (Read 2769 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 09, 2007, 04:16:16 PM »

Weymouth Football Club
PRESS RELEASE
Tuesday 9th January 2007

Weymouth Football Club restructure.

9th January 2007

Weymouth Football Club Chairman Martyn Harrison today announced that a number of changes at ‘The Terras’ are being implemented as a consequence of an on-going review he has conducted at the club over the past few months.

‘Weymouth F. C. is an important part of a wider business and for almost two years I have devoted considerable time and resources to re-building the club to ensure it’s long term future. This has proved to be enormously difficult and has placed considerable pressure on both myself and my other businesses. Following a review of all our activities I have concluded that the best way to achieve the original goal of a sustainable football club is to re-structure, set new challenging but realistic goals for the future and operate very much more in line with the income we are able to generate.

‘The plans we have for the re-development of the club encountered set-backs last year but we are working on a revised strategy that I believe will offer up a sustainable future for Weymouth F.C. I continue to view this initiative as vital for our future.

‘In the weeks ahead there will be a number of changes that will place us in a better position to give the club the future it needs as well as the ability to maintain financial self reliance. I am working closely with the Board and Management to ensure that these changes take place as soon as possible. It will be a painful time for us as it is likely that there will be changes in the squad as well as some personnel at ‘The Wessex’.

‘I appreciate the irony of these changes coming at a time when we are enjoying success but it is imperative that achievements are delivered in a sustainable manner. I believe that now is the right time to make the changes that will give us the long term future we need.’

Ends

For further information please contact:

Gary Calder
Chief Executive
Weymouth F.C.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Another one bites the dust (weymouth)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 04:20:37 PM »

that fella is a w*nker he owes a couple of million against each buisness he owns and has proceeded to run a shambles held up only by major incurrance of debt, its a joke exactly how not to run a club!!!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 04:25:15 PM »

So in other words they're skint...  When will clubs realise that boom and bust NEVER works in the long run? Another message for anyone who wants a rich sugar daddy here

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 04:32:43 PM »

after 6 months of harrison incharge the club already owed 500,000 to him, a joke i'm sure you would agree! he payed Steve Claridge 235,000 as a severance fee, which was the bulk, but he's a i do it or no-one does kinda guy, he only wants yes men and uses his supposed clout to get his way, also, park engineering sponsor the club in exchange for a place on the board and shares, not a sponsorship fee, i know goodwins sponsor us but to be fair after the way geoff has saved us i would not care if he gets his sponsor ship for nothing! but these park guys are on board creaming off the top and getting advertising as well!!!

All the spending was based on a very much instable projection of the 11,000,000 asda deal, which never at any point looked like it had a future due to the councill they had to apply to for planning being seperate to weymouth town.

all in all many have been waiting for this for some time, and now it has come! lol
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team