News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Other conference clubs

Author Topic: Other conference clubs  (Read 3593 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Other conference clubs
« on: January 09, 2007, 06:11:43 PM »

Does anybody else get fed up of the lack of credit from other clubs like I do - the latest one being Rushden and Diamonds. Very few teams seem to give us anything positive, only negative, after we have played them on reading our unflattering website reports from the opposition.

With all due respect to all of them, I think Alty have played some fine football this season, but there is also something known as good sportsmanship. It happens at Junior level, so why not at conference level and beyond.

Less of there we're full time and they are part time, give us credit when due, especially when the odds are stacked against us. By the way, re the points hall for the rest of the season, I think 3 points possible re Oxford game, sticking me neck out there.

Keep up the good work Alty!

Anyone wish to add to this comment?

Steve

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Other conference clubs
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 07:30:11 PM »

:o :o
@AltyDaz

Altysmiffy

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 07:35:35 PM »

I drive a very small, but very efficient and cost effective car.
 Sometimes I overtake a far bigger and more expensive car. They then proceed to re-overtake me! The drivers of the big Mercs, BMW's etc don't like being outdone by a small car.

It is the same with football clubs. The owners of the "bigger" clubs resent the fact that the little (and efficient) club might have got one over on them....... so they have a little, petty, small minded strop.

The more they talk us down, the more we should be flattered that they think so much about us.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 09:44:41 PM »

Think the above post says it all really; i never read the other websites of the other teams as they would make me to mad!

In a nutshell fulltime footballers and fans alike will not like being beaten by the mighty part time Alty

COME ON ALTY!!!
Come on you red and white........

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 08:55:05 AM »

We should take it all as a compliment, and it speaks volumes about how we've done this season and last given what resources we have.

Alex

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 09:26:09 AM »

we are alty super alty from moss lane, Knowone likes us, Knowone likes us, We Don't Care

Jacko

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 10:05:54 AM »

I think rushden are in denial, they wont except that other teams want it more than them this season so i hope they go down personally, hate that snotty attitude no place for it in non league

louise1925

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 10:18:33 AM »

To be fair, I really don't think it is the Rushden fans who turned up on Saturday, who are spouting all the nonsense. They seemed a decent lot on the whole and were probably the same people who followed Rushden years before Max Griggs. I would suggest, 'fans' who didn't turn up and some elements of their management team trying desperately to talk up a dire performance, are the main culprits. For the record, unless their is another large artificial cash injection, they probably will go down, because they played with no spirit whatsoever.
AltyBri

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 10:25:56 AM »

i.e kettering fans??

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 12:49:49 PM »

Long may this attitude from other clubs continue IMO.

It seems quite clear that both the players and the fans thrive on being underestimated and under appreciated by others. The more often these comments emerge, the better we will be doing. Very rarely do others clubs come out with disparaging remarks when they have won.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Other conference clubs