PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stevenage Game
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stevenage Game  (Read 7558 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stevenage Game
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 09:52:34 PM »

With a huge helping of luck, Stevenage will need to win this game to clinch the title.......they may bring a few supporters with them ?

Continuing this theme, can you imagine how many fans Oxford might bring if they can win the title the Saturday before that!

We could seriously be looking at a capacity crowd if that were to happen.

Forgot about Oxford.......now that could be a big one !!
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 11:40:37 PM »

If Stevenage had a chance to become world champions but it involved going north of Birmingham on a weekday night then they would not have more then 86 there.

taxi Phil

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 11:46:01 PM »

Great,i can't do Wednesdays.

Do I detect a more optimistic tone than the one you were displaying at 3.45 on Saturday ? !

jimmyhank

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2010, 06:03:31 PM »

I go to most of the Utd reserve games and it's not that bad! Usually a bit frantic but plenty of skill on offer. By the way, after the Bolton game last Thursday I was bid a safe journey home by two smiling stewards - top effort I thought and reflects so well on our club. It was also feezing cold so mustering anything other than a grimace was hard work!

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2010, 08:14:17 PM »

Unless you like football with no purpose or tackling, I would steer well clear of a United Reserve game mate.

They are so sterile to watch...

Cheers Mark
I may give that one a miss then.

I'd take issue with you there. As a regular to the Utd reserve matches some of the skill on display from the stars of tomorrow is worth the entrance money.

I can recall watching Gerard Piquet and Guisepe Rossi on a regular basis at Moss Lane. Whatever happend to them I wonder ? The United v Liverpool match before Xmas was a little 'prickly'

joe

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 08:37:24 AM »

Unless you like football with no purpose or tackling, I would steer well clear of a United Reserve game mate.

Cheers Mark

I'd take issue with you there. As a regular to the Utd reserve matches some of the skill on display from the stars of tomorrow is worth the entrance money.

I can recall watching Gerard Piquet and Guisepe Rossi on a regular basis at Moss Lane. Whatever happend to them I wonder ? The United v Liverpool match before Xmas was a little 'prickly'

I suppose it depends if you have any interest in Man Utd. I think Piquet is at Barcelona now and i think Rossi plays for Villareal.

markecky

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 10:22:07 AM »

Cheers Mark

You can take issue with by all means.

In my opinion, its sterile tosh with zero tackling and no one that really cares about the result.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 03:44:41 PM »

Last league game at Moss Lane on a Wednesday must be a Boxing day or New Years Day I would imagine:

Altrincham 3 Droylsden 1 Dec 26 2002.

And away, I cite blyth Spartans 2 Altrincham 2 on Wednesday 14 April 2004 - at 21:10 that evening our chances of getting to the Conference North looked unlikely!

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 03:49:31 PM »

I cite blyth Spartans 2 Altrincham 2 on Wednesday 14 April 2004

Remember that game well, it was a superb fight back by the boys that night.  Most definitely a turning point in Alty's recent history

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 09:23:09 PM »

Last league game at Moss Lane on a Wednesday must be a Boxing day or New Years Day I would imagine:

Altrincham 3 Droylsden 1 Dec 26 2002.

And away, I cite blyth Spartans 2 Altrincham 2 on Wednesday 14 April 2004 - at 21:10 that evening our chances of getting to the Conference North looked unlikely!

You mean here....  http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4580904&l=18b384039e&id=693307813
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stevenage Game