News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Our Bar

Author Topic: Our Bar  (Read 4795 times)

Altrinchman

Our Bar
« on: January 30, 2010, 08:42:39 PM »

I only get to ten or so games a season but came with a mate today and went in the bar.It was freezing when I got in and there was no televisions on.

When I asked someone else (who was also shivering) about it they said that they dont put the heaters on until the last minute to save money.I know things are tight but surely we can heat a bar and make it a bit welcoming by making getting the tele on and stuff.When the bar staff were asked about putting it on by someone it looked like he had just asked if he could have a few pints on the tick

money may be tight but the least we can do is make people comfortable

Knutsford Alty

Re: Our Bar
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 09:03:04 PM »

Was this before kick off?

RocketDan

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 10:09:50 PM »

was this before 1pm?

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 11:36:46 PM »

I only get to ten or so games a season but came with a mate today and went in the bar.It was freezing when I got in and there was no televisions on.

When I asked someone else (who was also shivering) about it they said that they dont put the heaters on until the last minute to save money.I know things are tight but surely we can heat a bar and make it a bit welcoming by making getting the tele on and stuff.When the bar staff were asked about putting it on by someone it looked like he had just asked if he could have a few pints on the tick

money may be tight but the least we can do is make people comfortable
when i went in at 2, it was nice and warm, and the 2 tv's were on.
I suppose that getting more people in through the door may make it slightly chilly inside, but perhaps next time come with some warm clothing? After all you are going to watch the match outside.

Personally, i think the bar people do an excellent job.

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 10:30:00 AM »

What is the club doing about this cold weather?....it's a disgrace!!!

Seriously, I can only assume you entered just before the heaters and TV went on as it is usually nice and cosy with TVs blaring whenever I go in. Also the temperature rises the more people are in the bar and can actually get quite stuffy. Our bar is recognised as a warm and welcoming place by visiting supporters.....and there is no warmer sight than the usual smiling Jenny pouring me a pint....If you'd politely asked if the TV and heating could be put on I can't believe our friendly bar staff would have looked as if they were being asked for free pint.

Just waiting for a post asking why they have to have the TV on as it is distracting for people who want a nice quiet chat.

Altrinchman

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 10:59:15 AM »

a wrexham fan has posted on the forum and said "Thanks for the hospitality even though it was colder in the bar than it was outside." must just be me and him who noticed then.

have had a message on here from another user who agrees with me but says that the bar lady turns the heating on and other people in the club turn them off again.i went in about 1:25. i have run a bar and when you open up you have a list of tasks and one of them should be to turn the tv on. whoever opens up the club in the morning should turn all the heaters on.

george

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 12:43:45 PM »

I am the first person in the ground on a Saturday @ 9.15 a.m. As my first job is to read the turnstlies, I call in the bar on my way round & the heaters were switched on @ 10.00 a.m. This is always done first job as my wife worked in there from 12.30 lunch time until 8.30 p.m till we locked up & went home.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 04:40:18 PM »

a wrexham fan has posted on the forum and said "Thanks for the hospitality even though it was colder in the bar than it was outside." must just be me and him who noticed then.

have had a message on here from another user who agrees with me but says that the bar lady turns the heating on and other people in the club turn them off again.i went in about 1:25. i have run a bar and when you open up you have a list of tasks and one of them should be to turn the tv on. whoever opens up the club in the morning should turn all the heaters on.

Which forum? Can't find that post Altrinchman.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Altrinchman

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 11:15:41 PM »

I am the first person in the ground on a Saturday @ 9.15 a.m. As my first job is to read the turnstlies, I call in the bar on my way round & the heaters were switched on @ 10.00 a.m. This is always done first job as my wife worked in there from 12.30 lunch time until 8.30 p.m till we locked up & went home.

fair play then. i still reckon someone turns them off as your wife puts them on though. lets get the tv's on for opening and make it a bit more welcoming for early arrivals

george

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 09:11:31 AM »

THE TV's WERE ON FOR OPENING CHRIS SENIOR SWITCHED THEM ON.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 09:27:08 AM »

THE TV's WERE ON FOR OPENING CHRIS SENIOR SWITCHED THEM ON.

He must of stood on a stool  ;D ;D ;D
@AltyDaz

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 02:46:58 PM »

I was in the bar about 1.45 last week, stood in front of a heater getting nice and toasty... So can confirm that the heaters were definitely on  :D :D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Our Bar