PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mansfield's "PAY WHAT YOU WANT" day
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Mansfield's "PAY WHAT YOU WANT" day  (Read 7667 times)

VofD

« on: February 06, 2010, 08:04:24 PM »

generated a crowd of 7261 Anyone think we should give it a go? Would be interesting to know what the actual cash take was.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Mansfield's "PAY WHAT YOU WANT" day
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 08:23:51 PM »

generated a crowd of 7261 Anyone think we should give it a go? Would be interesting to know what the actual cash take was.

Not if we're going to get our pants pulled down by Gateshead!   :D
Come on Alty!

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 08:38:23 PM »

Just been listening to 6.06 and a couple of people who went were on the phone in.

They reckon they paid £7.00 and £2.00 for two young lads. They also reckoned quite a few paid only 25p ?

And they ran out of burgers 10 minutes after kick off

WiganAlty

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 09:48:21 PM »

Did they all manage to see the enormous scoreboard  ;D

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 09:51:27 PM »

Did they all manage to see the enormous scoreboard  ;D

No, but they were all bored by the score!  ;)   :D
Come on Alty!

VofD

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 10:01:34 PM »

Grays at home on 27th FEB would be worth a try. Otherwise, it will be the hardcore 6-700 again with 12 from Grays, Surely worth a go, especially after today's performance.

yellowswoop

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 11:20:49 PM »

it was a success incept for the teams poor performance, the attendance is a load of crap.

The South stand and West were packed so, thats 7,500 then the others who couldn't get in ended up being in the north stand sharing some lovely banter with the Gateshead fans, the real figure is around 8,000

robins1978

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 12:27:21 AM »

Jesus dont suggest this at Alty - George H will hav a heart attack of the thought of having to get more turnstile operators. The poor chap already spends most of his Thursday night ringing round to see if  operators are available.

ONLY JOKING IT'S A GREAT IDEA IF IT GETS MORE PPL TO ML + MORE £ IN THE COFFERS.

Having said that tho i dont think it would work at Alty. we may get 2000 using this scheme against Grays but would it benefit us in the pocket. I have had some fans wanting to pay sometimes tho even if they didnt have to (ie when they had comp tkts)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 10:13:50 AM »

This idea could work for Alty but we need to plan it well to maximise profits from the extra resources we will have to input.

If we are letting people in for next to nothing we need to make money off them when they are inside the ground.

With a crowd of 1000 it can take half an hour to get a coffee and the bar is full at half-time therefore with 2-3000 people it would be hard to gain extra revenue from those extra numbers.

We would need to get in temporary facilities to realise the potential of the day, the form that these would take I am not entirely sure as I do not know the rules and limitations of the club.

An extra food van in the corner by the old SAFE hut with a split on profits done with the owner? (Offer the pitch for a lower rate and take the profit share)

The bar is  harder to enlarge as we cannot sell beer on the terrace! however we could have a makeshift "can bar" in the corner and get people to breathe in!

Just some Sunday morning thoughts, I have the dubious please of hospitality at Chelsea v Arsenal this afternoon, maybe I can pick up some hot tips from the Ruski and friends, I expect they started with a can bar on Fulham Broadway..
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 01:29:17 PM by RockyRobin »
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Jacko

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 10:40:13 AM »

Could try it for a game as a lot of people haven't been since the £2 for an U16 days,

Be prepared for the scallies though we don't get many this might see them back,

The idea is good overall as crowds could be better

Dougals Dad

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 12:11:57 PM »

Jesus dont suggest this at Alty - George H will hav a heart attack of the thought of having to get more turnstile operators. The poor chap already spends most of his Thursday night ringing round to see if  operators are available.

ONLY JOKING IT'S A GREAT IDEA IF IT GETS MORE PPL TO ML + MORE £ IN THE COFFERS.

Having said that tho i dont think it would work at Alty. we may get 2000 using this scheme against Grays but would it benefit us in the pocket. I have had some fans wanting to pay sometimes tho even if they didnt have to (ie when they had comp tkts)

I believe Mansfield doudled their normal attendance - 2000 would double our average and maybe get a few more interested (especially if we can do another 5-0!)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 12:32:02 PM »

If we were to investigate something like this it would have to be against a lesser outfit against whom the attendance would be pretty poor anyway and crucially who we *should* in theory win against-ie a Hayes/Grays/Salisbury type team. I don't think getting the publicity would be a problem-our PR seems a lot better these days that what it once was and Mansfield had the media crawling all over them yesterday. It would be as Rocky rightly says the logistical side of it all, food, bar, programmes etc etc. Mansfield apparently ran out of burgers only 10 minutes in. It might need a bit of creative thinking but anything that raises our profile and could generate extra cash we should have a look at.

RocketDan

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 01:48:14 PM »

Jesus dont suggest this at Alty - George H will hav a heart attack of the thought of having to get more turnstile operators. The poor chap already spends most of his Thursday night ringing round to see if  operators are available.

If something like this was to happen i'm sure a few people would volunteer to help out on the turnstiles or behind the bar, just as a one off.

I'd like to think we could get a crowd of over 2,500. I imagine most people would pay between £1-£5, although with enough catering they would probably spend £10 inside the ground. Just procuring 500 pies might be a problem

Of those 1,500 floaters/non regulars, would it be unreasonable to expect 5% of them to start turning out regularly ,thats 75 more people on every gate.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 01:53:43 PM by RocketDan »

York Alty

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 02:00:54 PM »

If relations between Alty and Pantsfield weren't as poor as they are I'd suggest asking Pantsfield in a couple of months what they tihik the longer term plusses have been.

Peronally I'd support a move by Alty to do this.  It needs planning, it needs coverage and it needs pies.

markecky

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 02:21:42 PM »

The key to anything like this is advertising and telling the world about it.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team