PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mansfield's "PAY WHAT YOU WANT" day
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mansfield's "PAY WHAT YOU WANT" day  (Read 7746 times)

RocketDan

Re: Mansfield's "PAY WHAT YOU WANT" day
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 02:48:50 PM »

The key to anything like this is advertising and telling the world about it.

and on a day when city and united are either not playing or playing away.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 03:10:35 PM »

The key to anything like this is advertising and telling the world about it.

This is true.

What annoys me is that I know for a fact that Brian Flynn sent out a press release to everyone you could possibly think of advertising the armed forces day for the Salisbury game.

Despite his best efforts I don't think that story appeared anywhere of note.
Come on Alty!

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 04:54:48 PM »

I didn't see anyone who resembled a resprentative or member of the armed forces ?

Did any of them turn up ?

Perhaps they all turned up in their camouflague outfits and we couldn't see them ?  ???  ;D   ::)

markecky

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 04:57:23 PM »

Thats like saying I didn't see any painters there yesterday...well no one covered in emulsion anyway

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 06:34:16 PM »

Not sure if we can "gamble" with the core gate money even for one week.

I guess that with a 850 gate the cash take (ex season tickets obviously) would be in the range of £5,000 - £7,000.

If 2,000 turned up - which I think would be the maximum, I honestly don't think many would be hooked for future games.... and we'd need an average of £3 each to get the same income AND have to take a risk on more programmes, pies etc. so that we can provide a good experience. No point getting 2,000 in and then  people not being able to get a prog, hot drink or pint and some grub.

What if 1,000 only show up and give us a quid each.... £5-6000 gone.

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 07:12:32 PM »

Does anyone know much of our club's revenue comes from gate receipts and how much from other sources?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 07:52:26 PM »

Thats like saying I didn't see any painters there yesterday...well no one covered in emulsion anyway

A few more 5 - 0 wins and we will all be painting the town red

I'll get me coat.. (or should that be Undercoat)

;) :D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 07:55:43 PM by distancetraveller »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 08:10:44 PM »

On a serious note.. What would people on this forum pay if we did try the "Pay what you want" idea.

on a personal note I would still pay the 13 quid I normally pay.. I am not trying to be virtuous by posting this, I am generally interested in what regular fans who post on here would actually pay...

I realise some people maybe wouldnt watch an Alty game due to money being tight. Having said that getting a fiver off someone is better than them not coming due to the 13 quid normal entrance fee
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 08:12:53 PM by distancetraveller »

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2010, 08:33:55 PM »

I was thinking, maybe naively that the regular 800 or so would pay the normal money but maybe bring some others that would chip in less.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2010, 08:52:22 PM »

On a serious note.. What would people on this forum pay if we did try the "Pay what you want" idea.

on a personal note I would still pay the 13 quid I normally pay.. I am not trying to be virtuous by posting this, I am generally interested in what regular fans who post on here would actually pay...

I realise some people maybe wouldnt watch an Alty game due to money being tight. Having said that getting a fiver off someone is better than them not coming due to the 13 quid normal entrance fee

As a Season Ticket holder I've already stumped up my cash and asking what people on here pay would be preaching to the converted as I'm guessing that most people on here wouldn't want to sell the club short by paying less than the present rate.

It's the skinfllints that would seek to make a killing that would reduce the income.

I reckon you'd do better letting the kids in for a quid or free so long as they drag a parent or adult down ? 

York Alty

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2010, 08:59:31 PM »

the £13.00.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2010, 08:59:36 PM »

A couple of years ago we let kids in free for our last home game against Aldershot. A lot of hard work was done publicising this in schools etc. and we got a crowd of over 2,000.

There's no reason why this couldn't work again if there was sufficient promotion. However, it would need hard work from the fans to spread the word and make sure as many people as possible get to hear about it.  
Come on Alty!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2010, 09:15:55 PM »

As a Season Ticket holder I've already stumped up my cash and asking what people on here pay would be preaching to the converted as I'm guessing that most people on here wouldn't want to sell the club short by paying less than the present rate.

It's the skinfllints that would seek to make a killing that would reduce the income.

I reckon you'd do better letting the kids in for a quid or free so long as they drag a parent or adult down ? 

Good point about season ticket holders matey.. Maybe a free pint or pie and chips etc would be fair to the folks who paid up front for a season ticket,
Just as I thought the regulars are happy to pay the normal price also. 

Makes good reading..

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2010, 10:01:12 PM »

A couple of years ago we let kids in free for our last home game against Aldershot. A lot of hard work was done publicising this in schools etc. and we got a crowd of over 2,000.

There's no reason why this couldn't work again if there was sufficient promotion. However, it would need hard work from the fans to spread the word and make sure as many people as possible get to hear about it.  

It can't take too long to get a list of all the local Primary and Junior schools in the area out of the yellow pages, pick a particular match,  decide on the deal (say one adult and one child for a combined price of say a tenner? ) print off 20 tickets to send with a covering letter to each school, inviting them to publicise the event and give a ticket to any interested child and/or parent.

The ticket would need to be presented at the turnstile with the appropriate money.

If the school needed more than the 20 tickets they should be encouraged to pick more up from the club.

and if the club were feeling particularly generous how about giving each kid that came through the turnstile on that scheme a free bag of crisps and/or bottle or can of pop ? (and an invitation and application form to join the Junior Robins !)

« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 10:05:15 PM by (S)ALTY »

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2010, 10:24:47 PM »

I am a season ticket holder and wouldn't mind in the slightest if the club did this.

On another note, im 5 miles from Fleetwood and my lad has twice been given a 'child free with paying adult ticket' at school this year. On the ticket is the clubs website etc, which i then went on to have a nosy. I would estimate they're doing this at around 10-15 schools.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mansfield's "PAY WHAT YOU WANT" day