PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mansfield's "PAY WHAT YOU WANT" day
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Mansfield's "PAY WHAT YOU WANT" day  (Read 7724 times)

JT

Re: Mansfield's "PAY WHAT YOU WANT" day
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2010, 11:18:27 PM »

It is a good point about the primary schools, but what annoys me is the price for secondary school kids.  There are so many of them around here footballing mad, but between the ages of 16-18 lads will not pay £7 to come and watch Alty if they aren't a regular.  I know this from experience, as I used to bring about 7  lads each game up until we were 15-16.  Now 2 of us from that group remain!

I'd like to know on average how many teenagers come in under the concession rate a game, because I'm sure with the right advertising in the schools and a £3 entry fee, that we would see so many more younger people down at the ground, which could hopefully lead to ones staying on and therefore a bigger fan base!

I really do feel that the club is missing out on so many potential fans with the high price in relation to how much a kid will earn or gets as their pocket money!

robins1978

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2010, 01:12:25 AM »

Jesus dont suggest this at Alty - George H will hav a heart attack of the thought of having to get more turnstile operators. The poor chap already spends most of his Thursday night ringing round to see if  operators are available.

If something like this was to happen i'm sure a few people would volunteer to help out on the turnstiles or behind the bar, just as a one off.

I'd like to think we could get a crowd of over 2,500. I imagine most people would pay between £1-£5, although with enough catering they would probably spend £10 inside the ground. Just procuring 500 pies might be a problem

Of those 1,500 floaters/non regulars, would it be unreasonable to expect 5% of them to start turning out regularly ,thats 75 more people on every gate.

Did you read all of the post. This part you have quoted was said as a joke?

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2010, 11:07:51 AM »

I am a season ticket holder and wouldn't mind in the slightest if the club did this.

On another note, im 5 miles from Fleetwood and my lad has twice been given a 'child free with paying adult ticket' at school this year. On the ticket is the clubs website etc, which i then went on to have a nosy. I would estimate they're doing this at around 10-15 schools.

My wife works locally as a teacher and a few years ago showed me a circular they had received from Blackburn Rovers encouraging schools in Cheshire/Manchester to arrange a school party to selected Premiership games at Ewood Park.

Now there's a thought, why not extend the offer to Northwich schools ? Hmmmmmmm   ::)

NorthernMonkey

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2010, 01:18:18 PM »

Unfortunately I just don't think the set up at the club would allow us to justify this as we're just not geared up to effectively take money off people once they're in the ground.

It's a nightmare to get a beer / pie on a normal match day as it is.

Butty

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2010, 05:41:57 PM »

True point JT, a paper round just about covers the entry price, I know a lot of my friends that don't go because instead of paying £7 for alty, they can go to Bolton or City for a fiver.

markecky

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2010, 07:21:57 PM »

True point JT, a paper round just about covers the entry price, I know a lot of my friends that don't go because instead of paying £7 for alty, they can go to Bolton or City for a fiver.

Its not always a fiver at City though is it?

This also comes back to another point on advertising, as kids prices are:

Aged 12 to 16 - £5
 Under 12s - £2

I think its gone very quiet about the £2 scheme.

joe

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2010, 10:49:57 AM »

As far as i'm aware City is always a fiver for kids with a paying adult. The adult price varies though depending on opposition.

fuertes

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2010, 11:26:38 AM »

As far as i'm aware City is always a fiver for kids with a paying adult. The adult price varies though depending on opposition.

Which is an absolute disgrace by the way. Premier League football is getting more and more like American sports where it's all about how much money can be squeezed out of the public.

I remember when I was a kid at Stamford Park School the club used to give us tickets for free/next-to-nowt. I'm 23, so I'm probably talking about 15 years ago here. Anyway, one day a group of about 8 of us went along with a mate's Dad. After that there were a few of us who attended periodically from that point, and these days I have a season ticket. By really putting time and money in to getting kids interested, the club will reap the rewards further down the line.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2010, 11:32:50 AM »

By really putting time and money in to getting kids interested, the club will reap the rewards further down the line.

What you say is correct but money is the one thing we definitely don't have at the moment.
Come on Alty!

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2010, 12:39:48 PM »

Which is an absolute disgrace by the way. Premier League football is getting more and more like American sports where it's all about how much money can be squeezed out of the public.

Bolton v Burnley last week =£32

Bolton v Fulham last Saturday = £10.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mansfield's "PAY WHAT YOU WANT" day