Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £5 admission to vics on saturday for alty season ticket holders.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: £5 admission to vics on saturday for alty season ticket holders.  (Read 13689 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: £5 admission to vics on saturday for alty season ticket holders.
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2010, 04:00:08 PM »

Something's changed really. I would consider going to watch a Vics game if it affected Alty, as it is I wouldn't give them a single penny while Jim Rushe is in charge, that clubs conduct over recent years deserves no help whatsoever, similalry I wouldn't go to Macc at all.

It wasn't always like this though, years ago we'd happily go to another club if there wasn't a game on or we were far away. I think when we drew at Fisher in August 91 my old fella and I went to Macc v Barnet. That just seems to have changed somewhat now. Maybe because prices across the board are reducing the off the cuff decisions.

Anyone?

You're getting older, Ballers, and bitterness increases with age!  ;)

I'm 59 so you can imagine my feelings on the subject of Vics and Macc - I've had over 40 years to nurture them!  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2010, 05:40:16 PM »

Something's changed really. I would consider going to watch a Vics game if it affected Alty, as it is I wouldn't give them a single penny while Jim Rushe is in charge, that clubs conduct over recent years deserves no help whatsoever, similalry I wouldn't go to Macc at all.

It wasn't always like this though, years ago we'd happily go to another club if there wasn't a game on or we were far away. I think when we drew at Fisher in August 91 my old fella and I went to Macc v Barnet. That just seems to have changed somewhat now. Maybe because prices across the board are reducing the off the cuff decisions.

Anyone?

Ballers,

Back in the 1970s, I can recall venturing to the likes of Macc v Mossley in the Northern Premier League when Alty were on their (relatively) distant travels or even to the old Central Ground to check out Witton Albion.

I even recollect going to The Drill Field on 22nd September 1979 to watch Vics take on Worcester City in the first season of the APL, as both teams had started that season well and Alty were away at Yeovil Town.

Nowadays, I wouldn't give Vics a penny because of the presence of that charlatan Jim Rushe...

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

fuertes

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2010, 05:58:34 PM »

Apparently Bury are doing exactly the same offer on the same weekend. So, any Mancunian drifters have a choice between watching a promotion-chasing League 2 outfit whose ground is accessible by tram, or a midtable Conference North team whose ground is in the middle of nowhere.

It's a tough one  ;D

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2010, 06:53:23 PM »

I went to Vics v Kettering in the semi final of the APL Cup in 79/80 - winner to play Alty.  Vics  kicked seven bells out of Brendan Philips who as he was stretchered off was racially abused by a group of Vics fans.

I also caught the last 15 minutes of Vics v Stockport County in the CSC whilst on the way back from Middlewich (2pm kick off).

Vics won both those games - I got the hint and stopped going.

I also saw Witton beat Rossendale United 13-0 (or 11-0) in the Cheshire League one Saturday Alty didn;t have a game in 78 (or so).

Now I have no interest in football as a neutral, although if we were drawn away to a side local to me (e.g. Maidenhead) in the trophy, I might go and see them in midweek the week before).

(I have been to Beacosnfield Sycob v Paulton Rovers and Burnham v Poole both as a consequence of kids get in free promotions)

gunners11

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2010, 11:06:26 PM »

how did northwich vics get on against  unirea urziceni. it was on granada tonight. it was a freindly.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2010, 11:11:32 PM »

how did northwich vics get on against  unirea urziceni. it was on granada tonight. it was a freindly.

They lost 1-0.............crowd about 280 according to sources
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

York Alty

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2010, 11:18:02 PM »

It's a good idea, we do it & obviously it's catching on.

HOWEVER...I'd pay a fiver to watch Stalybridge or Witton or halifax etc but vics scum slime - or Macc - no way unless we're playing them.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £5 admission to vics on saturday for alty season ticket holders.