PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Weymouth players released! jump on board alty
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Weymouth players released! jump on board alty  (Read 7819 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: Weymouth players released! jump on board alty
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 06:13:07 PM »

have a 'Goodwin'  ;) Only cos we beat them in the Trophy and it was a GGRRREEEAAATT Weekend.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 09:18:59 PM »

Upon Martin harrisons involvement in the club he proceded to sign players on as much as 1,500 a week when they were in the conf south, the same way hornchurch, cowinkidincaly the same cheif exec at weymouth was at hornchurch once hornchurch went bust, after the cold seal debacle alot of players travelled there too, odd i'd say,

Not being funny but the guy owns a hotel chain and i noticed that he was gonna keep signings to a 50 mile radius, but if players were prepared to come on the correct wage he could surely sort out a room for the friday night or something before games he just seems like an odd fellow to me thats all

Bath Alty

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »

no wonder they went bust look at this!

http://www.theterras.co.uk/website/news%202007/01%20January/Hola%20Horadada.htm

no game for a while = no income - so lets all go to Spain training.  What were they thinking!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 10:21:47 PM »

I reckon someones bound to take advantage of the situation, i do agree about the south thing though, i reckon at this level relocation is a bigger deal to these players,as for wages surely they cant all be on big money,they only came up last season

my mate Rich whos a Morecambe fan will surely be on here so to confirm but apparently Lee Elam moved from Morecambe to Weymouth for an extra £50 (fifty :o) a month. ::)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2007, 06:09:08 AM »

On the local tele down here in Devon they had the chairman of Weymonth and he said that they would see out this seasons fixtures in the conferance,but that their future lay at a lower level,just wondered if they are going to do a canvey island
Harold

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2007, 10:04:14 AM »

shame attendances dictate they could be a very good part time conf club, he just jumped in with both feet too soon, shame...

Rich

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2007, 11:22:08 AM »

I reckon someones bound to take advantage of the situation, i do agree about the south thing though, i reckon at this level relocation is a bigger deal to these players,as for wages surely they cant all be on big money,they only came up last season

my mate Rich whos a Morecambe fan will surely be on here so to confirm but apparently Lee Elam moved from Morecambe to Weymouth for an extra £50 (fifty :o) a month. ::)

£100 a month.

Alledgedly.

I hear he's going to Rochdale.

Ho ho ho. another signing on fee for Lee!!

His bleat on SV was a classic. Unfortunately the archive only goes till the end of September, long after he'd gone.

Where's Dean Howell going. Thats the burning issue. Hes even worse than Elam, but at least he got Southport relegated.

Those two individuals are the masters of mercenary "Full Time" Footballers. Impress in pre season, get contract for 3 months. Work hard for 3 months, get pay rise and 12 month deal, become "injured" for 8 months on fat salary, impress in last month, move to another club for signing on fee, impress in pre season.............

« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 11:27:27 AM by Rich »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2007, 09:33:41 PM »

Sounds a little like me with your 5 a side team Rich!! :D :D minus the signing on fee -  >:(

Jacko

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2007, 09:23:08 AM »

This is really bad what Hills been saying on there site,what was he thinking ???
Hill said: "Thev are all massive games now and that is why this break has come at the right time because it will also give me the chance with the transfer window to try and strengthen the squad: Hopefully by the time we go to Halifax we will be really ready to push on."

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2007, 09:23:12 PM »

Just noticed  on The Exeter Exspress and Echo site (as i am at work)that ExeterCity have signed 2 of Weymouths players today Lee Elam and Steve Tully
Harold

bighairedmike

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2007, 05:52:21 PM »

apparently they are the only two to leave. seems like nobody else wants them. o well...tomorrows another day.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Weymouth players released! jump on board alty