News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Luton. Smashing!

Author Topic: Luton. Smashing!  (Read 3068 times)

York Alty

Luton. Smashing!
« on: February 20, 2010, 09:00:25 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/8526046.stm

Clearly some very thick people in Luton.  The police costs must have been terribly high for a club with no real funds to call on.  We've already seen Jester City have a game called off because the police were unwilling to police it without payment up front (and fair enough to).

I think it was Wigan who were involved about 5 years ago in some form of challenge to police costs ~ any idea what the result was?

« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 09:16:56 PM by York Alty »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Luton. Smashing!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 09:09:05 PM »

Incidents like this make me wonder whether football league status is all it's cracked up to be. Presumably this sort of thing is a lot more commonplace at that level and it's not the kind of thing I ever want to be a part of.
Come on Alty!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 12:08:57 AM »

I doubt Alty fans would start damaging our own ground. Most of the Luton damage appears to have been at the home end.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 09:04:13 AM »

There is quite clearly a serious problem with the stewarding arrangments at Luton. Luton are well aware of this and I complained about it during our FA Cup tie and in 2 emails to Luton afterwards which they ingnored. It appears that they employ people with no interest in the club and turn up solely to get paid and ignore their respondibilties. At our match there was a serious incident of health and safety which a steward reapeatedly ignored and as a result an accident happened, and I had to ask the Police to intervene to try and prevent this. The only concern the Luton stewards had that day was to intervene when any Alty fan put his foot on the yellow lines on the terrace stairs inside the stand.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 09:28:15 AM »

I doubt Alty fans would start damaging our own ground. Most of the Luton damage appears to have been at the home end.

I obviously don't think Alty fans would do this. I'm talking about trouble in general that might be caused by fans of bigger clubs.
Come on Alty!

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 05:40:55 PM »

I obviously don't think Alty fans would do this. I'm talking about trouble in general that might be caused by fans of bigger clubs.

Even if they did do some serious damage I doubt it would be possible to notice !!  ::)

Have we got £9,000 worth of fixtures and fittings that could be damaged on a match day ?

Longman

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 10:18:58 PM »

What on earth are they doing smashing their own ground up???
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Luton. Smashing!