News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Its good to be Part-timers

Author Topic: Its good to be Part-timers  (Read 3764 times)

altytinny10

« on: January 10, 2007, 09:34:58 PM »

Well i think the tide has turned over the last couple of seasons with this full time business. Scouseport sack the manager; Grays loose all the best players on the slide down the league; Weymouth well what can i say; R & D look at their league position being full time; Northwich fulltime drubbed 3-0 on boxing day; FGR / Tamworth full time look at their league position.

Why do teams have to go full time in this league to compete ???

The Conference will return to 50 % full / 50 % part time soon teams cannot afford to keep going the way they are spending too much for success.

What you need is to go part time and have a MASSIVE TEAM SPIRIT like Alty.

Lets hope other teams start taking notice of what our TEAM is all about and start looking upto us showing the way forward instead of trying to critisise us for 'havin a chip on our shoulders about being parttime'

ITS THE FUTURE  :D

COME ON ALTY xx

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Its good to be Part-timers
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 09:43:15 PM »

tamworth are part time
st albans
us
tamworth
stafford

an now it would seem weymouth are part time

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 10:44:28 PM »

Don't forget ahem Northwich and Burton too. Ahem. Definitely part time.Oh yes.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 10:47:14 PM by Sarf London Alty »

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 10:51:57 PM »

part time midweek morning training times yes your right! lol

Altysmiffy

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 10:59:12 PM »

But what about the fans???

Alty have full time fans; home & away.......

How many others do?

York Alty

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 07:26:50 PM »

I'd like to see the conference go more part-time but given its two down from the leage there's always going to be a steady flow of full timers coming down.  Add in the likes of Weymouth that think they can buy a place in the league and the chances are that the conference natinal will be full-time heavy from now on.

Another question would eb - what postion will the highest part-time club finish?

Said it before and I'll say it again - we're so damn lucky to have chairman and board with brains.

fgrfan

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 07:34:52 PM »

i think we went full time at forest green to progress and a lot of fans including me questioned why because we still sign the same sort of players that we would do at part time level and our fitness levels seem to be the same as part time sides in the conference. the new stadium was also a progression and things like these have to be added along if fgr are going to progress anywhere in the future.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 07:50:56 PM »

but your not, progressing that is, relagation is still a real possibility and that is going to leave you in the sh*t next year, weymouth have done it quite well, i bet they realised the situation they were in in the summer, but knew that if they could secure one more year in the confrence by christmas they would be able to go part time and survive with an aim to re-building in our mold. there is some method to their madness, now this year needs only a few more points they can draft in a few part time lads and clear out the current lot, but in essence they have 8  months squad re-building time, on a lower wage budgt and staffing costs and this will help secure their survival next year. appologies if the ramblings make no sense ive been up all last night and i'm fooked so night people i hope you got my point easily enough!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 08:06:07 PM »

FGR are simply paying part time players full time wages on crowds of 1,000(ish) .. Doesn't really add up.
You have not got any better players for your money so what was the point ?

No wonder Sneaky Peakey does all he can to save the club. It would be disaster if you went down and looking at your pityful away support at Moss Lane not many so called fans actually care.

fgrfan

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 10:21:43 PM »

fans at fgr do care its just no away win in 15 months and xmas time as well. i'm fortuante bcuz forest green's longest serving player is my pe teacher at school so he gets me and my old man tickets for his gloucester games. if we didn't then we would probably travel away.

Alex

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 10:28:43 PM »

fans at fgr do care its just no away win in 15 months and xmas time as well.

thats pathetic the worst excusse for the worst travelling support i have every seen at moss lane. last year we took more away to watch Alty take 5-0 hammerings and yet every away trip we can still fill a coach load of supporters plus several more who travel by car this to watch a team that when we win away is a miricle but make it all worthwhile. this club may be part time but it's support isn't.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 10:54:24 PM »

fans at fgr do care its just no away win in 15 months and xmas time as well. i'm fortuante bcuz forest green's longest serving player is my pe teacher at school so he gets me and my old man tickets for his gloucester games. if we didn't then we would probably travel away.

FGR don't have the worst away record in the league and at the time off the match at Moss Lane FGR were 16th in the away form table.

The truth is that almost all of you just couldn't be bothered.

WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team