News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Marketing

Author Topic: Alty Marketing  (Read 2818 times)

Cumbria Alty

Alty Marketing
« on: March 15, 2010, 11:47:59 PM »

Hi all

I've been a member of this forum for a while and have to admit I'm a pretty much part-time fan and don't get to many games but the forum has been invaluable for keeping up-to-date with news.

I've "lurked" for a while and have noticed the "lack of marketing" mentioned on the odd occasion (through no fault of anybody's I can fully well appreciate!) I'm a part-time designer and have access to lots of resource so I was wondering if it would be useful to the club if there were regular match flyers/posters/any printed stuff before each game?

This isn't an attention-seeking stunt - I genuinely want to provide something as I feel guilty for not getting to as many games as I should! And it would be free - which is the important point, I guess.

I guess I'm asking if: a) this is already done on some scale, b) whether this is a good idea and c) who I'd contact at the club if they were interested?

Thanks

Cumbria Alty

:)

Jezza

Re: Alty Marketing
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 08:54:00 AM »

Great offer of help there...

Not sure wether this is best done directly through the club or through the supporters assoc but I don't think it matters as long as it gets done.

We used to have posters done on a monthly basis put on the forum and website for folk to download and stick in their cars, local pubs etc.

I'd suggest Graham Rowley is the best person to speak to about this?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 09:47:59 AM »

Great gesture CA...
Thats what I love about this club...

fuertes

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 03:05:16 PM »

I'm sure this would be a great help and much appreciated.

I think the two areas that need to be targetted are schools and pubs. There are bound to be loads of people who might be interested in going along to a match, but aren't so keen as to really make the effort to find out who's playing/how much it costs etc. If we went to them and told them exactly what was going on, they'd be far more likely to attend.

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 04:37:03 PM »

This topic seems to come around every now and again, and as you'd expect from Alty fans there is always no shortage of offers from those - including me - with relevant skills / technology / contacts.

I played golf with a friend on Altrincham Municipal on Saturday afternoon, and...having recently moved to the area, he asked me how much it was to go and watch, as we could hear the crowd prior to the York game. He was quite noticeably shocked, when i delivered the "Roughly £14.00" news...

Key to any marketing activity at Alty, whether in pubs, schools, bus stations, ice rinks or whatever...is a proposition that represents clear value. The noise coming from ML on Saturday clearly attracted the interest of my mate, he was further hooked by me telling him that York would bring a big crowd, and we even do "Tikka" flavour pies!

£14.00 however, just doesn't sit with those that are not engaged with Altrincham Football Club in the way everyone on here is.

It's been said many times on here...but the free entry / £5 for subsequent games type offer is surely worth giving a whirl, in filling some of the couple of thousand spaces we have at every game.

Comments about us paying £15 each for a round at Alty, duly expected! :-D

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 05:15:52 PM »

This topic seems to come around every now and again, and as you'd expect from Alty fans there is always no shortage of offers from those - including me - with relevant skills / technology / contacts.

I played golf with a friend on Altrincham Municipal on Saturday afternoon, and...having recently moved to the area, he asked me how much it was to go and watch, as we could hear the crowd prior to the York game. He was quite noticeably shocked, when i delivered the "Roughly £14.00" news...

Key to any marketing activity at Alty, whether in pubs, schools, bus stations, ice rinks or whatever...is a proposition that represents clear value. The noise coming from ML on Saturday clearly attracted the interest of my mate, he was further hooked by me telling him that York would bring a big crowd, and we even do "Tikka" flavour pies!

£14.00 however, just doesn't sit with those that are not engaged with Altrincham Football Club in the way everyone on here is.

It's been said many times on here...but the free entry / £5 for subsequent games type offer is surely worth giving a whirl, in filling some of the couple of thousand spaces we have at every game.

Comments about us paying £15 each for a round at Alty, duly expected! :-D

It's not the cost of the round ... but when you were playing it - and where you should have been (you bad lad!)  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 07:33:15 PM »

Granted...but I did get 4 hours worth for my money. Had it have been £7, for the customary 90 minutes...i'd probably have been swayed to do that, and enjoy a couple of pints. Insurance companies, as an example, give away "12 months cover for the price of 10" as the perceived value is more than what it would actually cost the company.

What if, with every Altrincham season ticket for 2010/2011...we gave away two plastic season cards valid for reduced entry to home league games for £7 / £8. These the season ticket holder would pass on to "floaters". All numbered, so they could be tracked to source and not duplicated. Cheap to produce, easy to manage at the gate. But priced so that if someone we to not buy a season ticket in order to "borrow this off their mate"...the impact on the club would be negligible.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 08:31:33 PM »

ts about us paying £15 each for a round at Alty, duly expected! :-D

Ha Ha, was it you and your mate I saw on the golf course as me and my two lads were dashing home accross the golf course just after the match - when two golfers asked what the score was and was it any good ? I'd have given a much more positive spin had I thought you could be pursuaded to the next game !!

Are midweek evening games still full price ? I am at home, getting the kids to bed and just heard the cheer as McAlaskey just scored, but I cant justify £17 for a midweek game?

P.S. Good call from the thread started with the offer of help!

Cumbria Alty

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 08:32:12 PM »

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll contact Graham and the supporters' association to see if anything's required.

Cheers again

:)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Marketing