PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Match Thread  (Read 37364 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Match Thread
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2010, 05:22:26 PM »

We really should be beating teams like them........

Jacko

« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2010, 05:28:49 PM »

I was suprised to see us 3-1 up away from home I must say

Jenga

« Reply #167 on: March 27, 2010, 06:00:56 PM »

Ok we elost and i am gutted but really, nothing to get down beat about, we have had some real good games recently on a threadbare sqaud.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2010, 07:11:04 PM »

A disappointing result, but we are not Hayes and Yeading or Aston Villa. This hasn't ruined our season, time to look forward.
 I am gutted for the people who went though, and for the fact it's FGR AGAIN. We should campaign to abolish second halves against them!!

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2010, 08:15:05 PM »

Just got back from the game.

Overall we were unlucky to lose however, Ryan really seemed to struggle today, Robbie L ran and ran as usual but we were never really in control of the midfield. Ref was awful. rubbish decisions that affected both sides.

When McAliskey was taken off we lost our shape, the players were unsure of the tactics/formation. However despite that they never gave up and they grafted hard, albeit without the usual togetherness that we've seen over recent weeks. With so few fit players GH made decision that he thought were right but didn't work out today. FGR really played with pace and spirit once they'd got it bacl to 3-2 after looking dead and buried until about 60 mins.

We miss Ant D and Tom in midfiled and Nicky Clee out wide. I cannot fault the effort today. I think that both management and players will be gutted to have lost. A week until the next game gives them a break. Don't dwell on what went wrong today, focus upon only 11 losses our of 36 games this season.

We'll probably surprise at least one of Oxford, Stevenage & Luton and pick some points against the others.

C'mon you Robins!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #170 on: March 27, 2010, 08:26:08 PM »

Good post. Although today's result is very disappointing, as I posted earlier, we have had a lot of tough matches - this was one match too far. The week's break has come just at the right time.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 27, 2010, 08:29:56 PM »

The lead we had a half time, great as it was, was not really a deserved lead. I think we edged it, but not by two goals.
Second half we were pretty poor, but I put that down to the recent and frequent run of games against top sides, with a threadbare squad.

I was absolutely gutted at the end but at least the walk to the car was all downhill. I have to say that when we passed the team coach around Worcester (Geoff driving).......Mr Heathcote was not exactly smiling either !
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 08:31:34 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 27, 2010, 09:38:57 PM »

First point.... What a fkn Soulless place Forest Green football club is..

Just back home from the game (after stopping for a nice meal just outside Kidderminster).. ;)

Ok we gave away a 2 goal lead but it isnt the end of the world guys...

I thought today our slim squad looked tired in the second half and who can blame them for that...

I still say that our late late disallowed goal was NOT offside, the ref seemed to agree until the fkn stupid linesman decided to flag about 5 seconds after it had gone in...  I've said on numerous occassions that the officials in this league are generally poor, and nothing I saw today has made me rethink my opinion of them

Not a happy trip but let us not forget what has gone before today and enjoy the rest of what is left of a bloody excellent season for Alty..

At least the lads have a full week off to charge the batteries

Just think... Rooney and Drogba were rested today and they are the so called superstars of this game... Our lads will be at fkn work again first thing Monday morning

PS I asked one of there stewards what the average gate was at FGR this season.... His answer >>> Depends who we're playing... What a fkn numpty...

Cmon Alty.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 09:46:09 PM by distancetraveller »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 27, 2010, 09:43:30 PM »

The lead we had a half time, great as it was, was not really a deserved lead. I think we edged it, but not by two goals.
Second half we were pretty poor, but I put that down to the recent and frequent run of games against top sides, with a threadbare squad.

I was absolutely gutted at the end but at least the walk to the car was all downhill. I have to say that when we passed the team coach around Worcester (Geoff driving).......Mr Heathcote was not exactly smiling either !

We saw the triumphant Salisbury team coach leaving Kidderminster... I got the Mrs to wave her Alty flag at them  :D ;)

jimmyhank

« Reply #174 on: March 27, 2010, 09:49:20 PM »

Got back about an hour ago (via Cinnamon curry house in Hale - very nice,too). A real shame to concede three goals in such a short period of time but we need to learn from it, move on and continue our great season. It would be easy to be negative but that's one defeat in eight games and we're comfortably placed just above mid-table. When we were clapping the lads off did anyone else notice Greg Young's reaction? It looked like he was gesturing for us not to clap as if he was embarrassed with the second half performance? Don't worry Greg - you've been a rock this season. Chin up son and battle on.

C'mon the Robins.

62vintage

« Reply #175 on: March 27, 2010, 10:05:57 PM »

Just got back from the game. I thought it was a good first half but we were fortunate to be two goals up. I have no idea what our penalty was awarded for?
As soon as McAliskey went off in the second half we went to pieces, had a mad 10 minutes or so and lost the game.
During the 6 minutes of added time we got the ball into the net but unfortunatly the linesman flagged one of our players offside.In the scramble that led to this, their goalie was injured. As I was sat nearest to the changing rooms I clearly saw his top lip was hanging off as he was led away, it looked an extremely nasty injury.
I thought that our fans were a credit as we stood and clapped him despite despite knowing the `goal` would not count.
After the game one of their stewads confirmed it was a bad injury.

Bath Alty

« Reply #176 on: March 27, 2010, 10:13:49 PM »

Also noticed Greg's reaction.

Ref was truely appalling.  The booking for Senior was just disgraceful - he slid in and hooked the ball away before their lad arrived and triped over him.  He gave one free kick against Big John who had just stood their and let the defender head it down to his feet, absolutely baffling.

On the way to the car an FGR fan going the otherway said "If it's any consolation ours was never a penalty, he just fell down like a great big prune."  You could tell from the players reaction that it was never a pen.

Their right back was awful, the people I was sat with were laughing every time he got the ball and passed it into the stand.  They gave him man of the match!  It was a most bizzare afternoon.

I thought we played pretty well, Denham in particular showed some good touches.  We clearly tired in the second half.

Best wishes to their keeper who went off with a bad looking injury.  The steward said his upper gums were all hanging down and I can believe that seeing the state of him.  It occurred in the build up to what would have been the equaliser and in th emidst of giving the liner and ref grief for the off side decision we all stopped to give him a standing ovation as he staggered off the pitch before returning attention to the ref.  Are you listening Wrexham?  Even in the heat of being denied an equaliser that late against a team we really wanted to beat we still know how to behave - very proud to be Alty tonight - well done all

62vintage

« Reply #177 on: March 27, 2010, 10:21:05 PM »

Absolutly agree with this statement. Despite the heat of the moment our supporters were magnificent.

Best wishes to their keeper who went off with a bad looking injury.  The steward said his upper gums were all hanging down and I can believe that seeing the state of him.  It occurred in the build up to what would have been the equaliser and in th emidst of giving the liner and ref grief for the off side decision we all stopped to give him a standing ovation as he staggered off the pitch before returning attention to the ref.  Are you listening Wrexham?  Even in the heat of being denied an equaliser that late against a team we really wanted to beat we still know how to behave - very proud to be Alty tonight - well done all

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 28, 2010, 04:43:21 AM »

Sum up the game in one paragraph........

First half we looked like a side who was comfortably in top 10.....winning 3-1 without really threatening.And for first 20 mins of 2nd half,it looked like the game was drifting away to 3-1. But then Smith came on for McAlislkey, and we all thought that Welch would go up and Smith would go into a 3-4-3/3-5-2 with Densmore pushing up.Noone expected us to go 4-4-2 with 4 players that can play CB (Smith,Williams,Welch,Young), with Brown pushing up and Young at LB. IMO, that decision cost us the points today.

GH & the team took the praise for the tactics for Mansfield which were perfect, but for today they must take the flak for playing right into their hands.

At end of the day, has not damaged our hopes of the top 10 finish,just disappointed in the way we let it go.Hopefully can pick ourselves up and get at least 4 points over Easter.
When we were clapping the lads off did anyone else notice Greg Young's reaction? It looked like he was gesturing for us not to clap as if he was embarrassed with the second half performance? Don't worry Greg - you've been a rock this season. Chin up son and battle on.

C'mon the Robins.

To be fair, I wouldn't blame him. That was possibly the worst 45 mins we have played this season.I did not clap the team off because of that 45 mins.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 04:49:35 AM by Nasha »
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

joe

« Reply #179 on: March 28, 2010, 10:16:09 AM »

I know Graham is a big 4 4 2 man but surely with the players we've got available at the moment it's not a viable option,round holes,square pegs and all that? Switching to that formation to close the game out probably wouldn't have been a bad idea if we'd had the players to do it but with the players we had out there it was a ludicrous decision!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match Thread