PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Match Thread  (Read 37654 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Match Thread
« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2010, 11:07:00 AM »

Also noticed Greg's reaction.

Ref was truely appalling.  The booking for Senior was just disgraceful - he slid in and hooked the ball away before their lad arrived and triped over him.  He gave one free kick against Big John who had just stood their and let the defender head it down to his feet, absolutely baffling.

On the way to the car an FGR fan going the otherway said "If it's any consolation ours was never a penalty, he just fell down like a great big prune."  You could tell from the players reaction that it was never a pen.

Their right back was awful, the people I was sat with were laughing every time he got the ball and passed it into the stand.  They gave him man of the match!  It was a most bizzare afternoon.

I thought we played pretty well, Denham in particular showed some good touches.  We clearly tired in the second half.

Best wishes to their keeper who went off with a bad looking injury.  The steward said his upper gums were all hanging down and I can believe that seeing the state of him.  It occurred in the build up to what would have been the equaliser and in th emidst of giving the liner and ref grief for the off side decision we all stopped to give him a standing ovation as he staggered off the pitch before returning attention to the ref.  Are you listening Wrexham?  Even in the heat of being denied an equaliser that late against a team we really wanted to beat we still know how to behave - very proud to be Alty tonight - well done all

Agree with all of that.......particularly the decision to book Chris Senior, which was one of the poorest decisions I have ever seen!

Thanks for picking up my son & his mates on the hill & ensuring that they weren't 15 minutes late............despite arriving at the ground at 1.30pm :-[.The youth of today.......what are they like ???

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 28, 2010, 01:18:20 PM »

Ref was truely appalling.  The booking for Senior was just disgraceful - he slid in and hooked the ball away before their lad arrived and triped over him.  He gave one free kick against Big John who had just stood their and let the defender head it down to his feet, absolutely baffling.

On the way to the car an FGR fan going the otherway said "If it's any consolation ours was never a penalty, he just fell down like a great big prune."  You could tell from the players reaction that it was never a pen.

Their right back was awful, the people I was sat with were laughing every time he got the ball and passed it into the stand.  They gave him man of the match!  It was a most bizzare afternoon.

I thought we played pretty well, Denham in particular showed some good touches.  We clearly tired in the second half.

Best wishes to their keeper who went off with a bad looking injury.  The steward said his upper gums were all hanging down and I can believe that seeing the state of him.  It occurred in the build up to what would have been the equaliser and in th emidst of giving the liner and ref grief for the off side decision we all stopped to give him a standing ovation as he staggered off the pitch before returning attention to the ref.  Are you listening Wrexham?  Even in the heat of being denied an equaliser that late against a team we really wanted to beat we still know how to behave - very proud to be Alty tonight - well done all

Agree with all of that.......particularly the decision to book Chris Senior, which was one of the poorest decisions I have ever seen!

Thanks for picking up my son & his mates on the hill & ensuring that they weren't 15 minutes late............despite arriving at the ground at 1.30pm :-[.The youth of today.......what are they like ???

I bet they were glad they didnt have to cycle up some of the hills around the ground ...

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2010, 05:06:28 PM »

I couldn't understand that either. I though their other full back was far better in every respect.
Like you say, a bizzare afternoon.

fgrfan

« Reply #183 on: March 28, 2010, 09:06:26 PM »

Not sure if our keeper will be fit for Wednesday. I doubt it looking at this picture:

http://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/news/showItem.asp?id=818

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 28, 2010, 09:11:26 PM »

That looks pretty uncomfortable. Hope he didn't lose any teeth, I'm sure the swelling will die down in a few days.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 28, 2010, 09:28:40 PM »

Yeah hope the lad gets back soon after a nasty injury...
I don't like Peak.  but have nothing against the goalie

Bath Alty

« Reply #186 on: March 28, 2010, 10:25:28 PM »

Can't fault the decision to walk into the village to get chips and avoid paying at FGR, timekeeping left a bit to be desired though - wearing their colours paid off for them!  Didn't realise it was the cyclists, maybe the fitness they gained from that justifies their claim they would have got up that hill in 10 minutes.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 28, 2010, 10:28:40 PM »

Not sure if our keeper will be fit for Wednesday. I doubt it looking at this picture:

http://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/news/showItem.asp?id=818

Ouch !! - Is he related to Lesley Ash I wonder ??   ::)   ::)   ::) 

Good luck to the lad I hope he makes a full recovery

jimmyhank

« Reply #188 on: March 28, 2010, 10:49:03 PM »

Hope he makes a speedy recovery and a pat on the back to all of us who showed dignity in adversity when we applauded the lad off.

Bath Alty

« Reply #189 on: March 28, 2010, 10:53:42 PM »

Even Mr Peake noticed - see main site.

Are you watching Wrexham fans?

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 28, 2010, 11:34:06 PM »

Can't fault the decision to walk into the village to get chips and avoid paying at FGR, timekeeping left a bit to be desired though - wearing their colours paid off for them!  Didn't realise it was the cyclists, maybe the fitness they gained from that justifies their claim they would have got up that hill in 10 minutes.

They have much to learn ::)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match Thread