News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 BSP Relegation

Author Topic: BSP Relegation  (Read 4374 times)

York Alty

BSP Relegation
« on: March 31, 2010, 09:54:17 PM »

Remaining fixtures for Eastbourne:-

Eastbourne Boro v Forest Green
Ebbsfleet United v Eastbourne Boro
Eastbourne Boro v Damned Yorkists
Kettering v Eastbourne Boro
astbourne Boro v Oxford Utd

Ebbsfleet fixtures:-

Salisbury v Ebbsfleet United
Ebbsfleet United v Eastbourne Boro
Rushden & D'mnds v Ebbsfleet United
Ebbsfleet United v Gateshead
Tamworth v Ebbsfleet United

Just about every fixture for those two has somethign riding on it for the opposistion.  A huge game when they play each other.

My money is now on them both going down.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: BSP Relegation
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 10:02:02 PM »

After FGRs win tonight the bottom 3 is sorted........Grays, Eastbourne and Ebbsfleet, with Gateshead rank outsiders

All down to the AGM after that........see if they chuck Salisbury out ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 10:17:22 PM »

Yup, shame about FGR, thought we'd got rid of the farmers at last. Perhaps they will go if the debts cannot be paid.

We all live in hope.

jimmyhank

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 10:45:47 PM »

Still plenty to play for looking at those fixtures.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 12:28:36 AM »

Tamworth,salisbury or gateshead could all still finish in that last relegation place,the games are evening up now and ebbsfleet havent faired to badly considering how so many teams had 3 or in some cases more games in hand on them,2 wins for ebbsfleet or eastbourne could throw one of those others into real trouble in the last week of the season

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 12:51:13 AM »

Nearly every season, one team slides into trouble after looking comfortable in mid table two thirds of the way through the season.

Cue Tamworth !

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 04:01:27 AM »

From a selfish point of view I fear it will be Grays, Eastbourne and Ebbsfleet, but I hope one or both the latter survive instead of Gateshead, FGR, Tamworth or Barrow.
Combined with Stevenage possibly being joined in he FL by Oxford, Luton or Rushden, 5 teams from the South East could be leaving the Conference with only one from this region entering the conference - none if Bath join Newport from the BSS. This is forgetting the issues of the likes of FGR, Salisbury and Stockport going bust or being demoted.

Altyroo

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 06:45:46 AM »

From a selfish point of view I fear it will be Grays, Eastbourne and Ebbsfleet, but I hope one or both the latter survive instead of Gateshead, FGR, Tamworth or Barrow.
Combined with Stevenage possibly being joined in he FL by Oxford, Luton or Rushden, 5 teams from the South East could be leaving the Conference with only one from this region entering the conference - none if Bath join Newport from the BSS. This is forgetting the issues of the likes of FGR, Salisbury and Stockport going bust or being demoted.

Stockport....... Boxing day & new years day fixtures next season then. Only if they have a boston done to them. Relegated and demoted.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 10:19:49 AM »

It would be nice if we had a few more local north west teams in the BSP.

I know there is the usual animosity towards the likes of Northwich Vics and Chester, but now they are no longer in the same division as ourselves there are no real local derbies to look forward to.

After all Wrexham aren't even in the same country as us, and with Dean Saunders as manager some would say not on the same planet ! (Sorry couldn't resist  ;D)

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 11:37:17 AM »

It's highly likely that next year's "derby" match will be Southport unfortunately.

fuertes

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 12:10:44 PM »

It's highly likely that next year's "derby" match will be Southport unfortunately.

Droylsden practically nailed-on for the playoffs I reckon. Fleetwood could be a nice seaside trip for us all too.

Personally I quite like Southport. A few real ales in Baron's Bar on Lord Street pre-game would suit me  ;D

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 12:17:21 PM »

Stockport....... Boxing day & new years day fixtures next season then. Only if they have a boston done to them. Relegated and demoted.

Were it ever to come about that we play Stockport in a league match there would be no point playing them on Boxing/New Years Day or any Bank Holiday as you would have to pay double the price for an already large policing bill. You would just play them on a Tuesday early in the season as it would sell out Moss Lane whenever we played them so don't use up a Saturday.

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 12:41:06 PM »

Very good point Ballers !
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 BSP Relegation